Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Advice on Fitting Brake Discs

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2003, 07:53 PM
Dick Turpin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Just taken delivery of front and rear Pagid Group N discs and DS2500 pads for my MY99 Turbo, and was wondering if there are any nasty surprises to expect when fitting them?

Mate of mine has an Evo VI, and they apparently have the handbrake acting on the inside of the rear discs, making them a sod to get off. Is the Scooby the same, or is it just a case of removing the calliper, unbolting the disc and removing it?

I am assuming that both front and rear disc change is fairly straightforward (less than a day for two reasonably competent people?), but would appreciate any advice to support this.

Also, does anyone know where you can get hold of a workshop manual for the same car? Is there anywhere on-line that has information?

Cheers

DT
Old 28 March 2003, 09:28 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

It's just a case of jacking it up, supporting it properly, undoing the two caliper mounting bolts, (14mm, if I remember right), and tying up the caliper so it doesn't strain the brake hose.
then you insert two M8 bolts, about 30mm long into the two tapped holes in the disc, and tighten both together a bit at a time, until it forces the disc off.
Spread the brake pads a bit, put new disc in place, (degrease it first, and replace caliper.
The handbrake bears on a drum on the inside of the rear disc, so do as above, but ensure handbrake is "off".
Alcazar
Old 28 March 2003, 09:36 PM
Dick Turpin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Cheers Alcazar. Hope it proves to be as easy as you describe it!

The tip with the bolts will certainly save me some time.......

DT