Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Anyone got the Scoobysport Pagid Group N Brake Setup

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2003, 03:21 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive been looking for an upgraded brake setup for a while. I dont have mega bucks to spend so am looking to stick with the subaru 4 pot calipers as standard on my MY00 turbo. Looking around the ScoobySport Pagid Group N kit at £475 before fitting is looking good.

Group N Grooved Discs
Pagid RS42-1 Pads
Goodridge Braided Hoses
Silkolene Dot 5.1 brake fluid

1. Has anyone else got this setup and what do they think its like over the standard setup i.e. is it worth the best part of 500 notes?

2. I see that a pair of replacement pads are around £150 and discs £190. Is this about right?

3. What size are the pagid disc used?

4. Did Scoobysport offer you any money off for giving them your exisiting discs and pads or is it just worh keeping them or selling on SN?

5.How much to get it fitted roughly?

Cheers,
Simon.

Old 03 February 2003, 03:25 PM
dominicm
Scooby Regular

Sounds like good value as they normally charge £190 just for the set of Pagid Pads!!!!

Dom.
Old 03 February 2003, 03:32 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've only heard very good things about the Pagid setup.

Midland Impreza were doing a special on the discs/pads. IIRC they were £250+VAT for a 4-pot pads/disc (8-groove) combo.

SS seem a bit pricey for a setup you can get a lot cheaper elsewhere.

Stefan
Old 03 February 2003, 03:58 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Simon, yep, got that lot, although i went the full hog and did AP discs as well as Brembo calipers.

Make sure you get Pagid Blacks, not Blues (unless you do mainly track days in the car) and you won't go wrong.

Like all these things, you get what you pay for. Quality is never cheap. Do it.
Old 03 February 2003, 08:28 PM
wally
Scooby Regular

Oh ****, you're living in a very expensive country.
I have the Prodrive discs (296mm, 8groove, 200 £)
and the pagid bleu RS42 (70 £, include a nice folder)

I must admit they work really good, even from cold off, and it only goes better when they warm up.

I don't want a big brake setup because the only way to go fast is to brake as little as possible. Most of the guys here have a big brake setup because they're afraid of making speed trough a corner. Of course AP is good, but did you realise that the AP setup as advertised by many companies is not the WRC setup, that another thing with water cooling and stuff.

And the original setup (from later models, 296mm and 4pots) is good enough for road and some track outings. Alu calipers will cool down more quickly, and bigger discs will brake better but the advantage of big brakes fall apart when driving on road tyres and normal servo's and master cyl.

When you really want to brake... try slicks, you'll be amazed about the hidden brake power of your car...
Old 03 February 2003, 11:05 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Ozzy - cheers for the link. That sounds a good deal. I wont be buying for a while due to a lack of finances but am scoping out the best setup for not so much money.

Telboy - does that mean u had pagid disks and pads then moved to AP disks and Brembo calipers?

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 03 February 2003, 11:08 PM
currymonster
Scooby Regular

Nope. Four pot standard setup is not good as on my MY 2000. I've been looking at the pagid setup too hmm very tempting. I've seen pagid black R42-1 for £130.
Rhidian of DRJ also reckons the prodrive disks are very good. So very tempted. Also tempted by a standard size 2 piece disk set from godspeed. Hmm, maybe i can have them all fitted on a rotating mechanism whehni need to change between a set, doh!

Decisions, decisions!

Cal
Old 04 February 2003, 07:33 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Simon, no, i had it done all at the same time, so i don't have experience of the "in-between" set-up i'm afraid.
Old 04 February 2003, 09:55 AM
Fat Blerk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I've had the Pagid setup from Midland Impreza - 8 groove discs and Pagid Blue pads.....

I find them more effective than the prodrive 330mm kit I had on before! Especially from cold - the blues are slightly noisier than the black pads, allegedley, but I can't fault their performance.