Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

WHEELS WHEELS WHEELS WHEELS

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2003, 04:13 PM
wally
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some time ago a real bandit dropped nails on the parking entrance of our home. Result : three flat tyres. They were original 16' with the plastic OEM bridgestones. As a real lucky one, some bloke in my garage sell his 17' speedline chrono's, I bought them immediatly and couloured them in grey (P1 style). Now I have installed them with some Goodyear Eagle GSD3 tyres, 215/40/17.
The difference is awesome, much better roadholding, turn in is crisper and braking is better balanced, still with original suspension, whiteline ALK, and droplinks.
The thing is, now my car is driving really good, can stil take some liberties on speed ramps and go flat out over bumps were other cars will go disco dancing. Should I lower it, probably just for the look, with some Eibach springs.
As I do some circuit driving too, my car behaves good, of course its stil leaning on the outside wheel when cornering hard, and it moves a little when acc or braking but I have a better control if it now.
Any suggestions about damping would be welcome, I think my dampers are original, but in the garage they told me they never had driven such a rock solid car, exept the one with leda on it.
I have my car from new so I'm pretty shure that everything is standard.
What should I do with the damping now, just make sure that I can go flat out over speed ramps and bumps, just to amaze other drivers...
Old 09 January 2003, 03:23 PM
wally
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, is there nobody willing to give some tips ???