Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Wheels for my '00 Legacy.

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2003, 11:41 AM
Orbit
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you probably can see i'm new to this forum, on top of that i'm Belgian so don't mind the typo's to much.

I recently bought an Legacy 2.0 AWD '00 and need some advice on the wheels and lowering.

I just HAVE to get rid of those plastic wheelcovers as fast as posible ! I just don't want to make any mistakes since i tend to keep this car for a long - long - LONG time.

So my question is: which size of wheels can i fit (and with wich tyres) so i won't change the cars handling ? I plan on lowering the car a bit so thats a thing tot keep in mind. Most Probably i'll fit -4 cm cobra springs. So, given these circumstances, what size of wheel/tyres schould i go with ? I really don't want the wheels to touch parts of the car when i turn or take a bump, you know ...

And can anyone tell me more about the fitment? Anything i know for so far is that it needs 5 bolts ;-)

Sorry if i sound a bit anoying, but i really want to be shure about this.
Old 05 January 2003, 02:52 PM
Orbit
Scooby Newbie

Am i the first 1 who want to fit 18's on a Legacy 2000 ?

Old 06 January 2003, 12:20 PM
David Williams
Scooby Regular

Orbit,
Pretty much most Impreza wheels will fit the '00 Legacy.
If you're going to go for 18" I'd suggest staying with 7 or 7.5x18 rather than going for 8" wide though.
If you want specific details of our range, feel free to give me a shout.
DW
Old 06 January 2003, 11:56 PM
Orbit
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the information, everywhere i ask this question they keep saying i should stick to no wider then 7,5. An advice i'm going to follow.

But now an even more burning question, how much can i deviate from the ET ? Official it schould be 53. But thats verry exotic. Is an ET of 45 feasable or am i gooing to get into troubles ? It wont rub on the inside of the arches (duh, the wheel will be more to the outside) but wont it rub on the outside of just screw with the axles or somthing ?

Damn, i must sound like an assh*le but again, i have no cash nor time to make mistakes.
Old 07 January 2003, 04:43 AM
AJbaseBloke
Scooby Regular

Orbit,

A 215/35-18 is probably going to OK. BUT depending on the tyres, a 7.5" ET48 will only just clear. If the tyres are big (e.g. with a large rim protector) they'll make contact, if you get a big deflection due to heavy weight in the car, they'll also likely touch even if you have tyres that don't stick out much.

For example, a 7.5" ET53 w/225/45s (the STi7 wheel and rim package) makes light contact at the rear when heavily loaded.

HTH a bit