Shudder when braking

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2017, 07:45 AM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Shudder when braking

hi all,

i get a shudder from time to time when braking between 60-70 mph, it doesn't happen all the time but occasionally it does. Had a geo setup done on the car last weekend because the toe's wasn't aligned correctly, recently changed the front discs and pads, which to be honest haven't really been bedded in properly because I only do 12 miles a day.

could it be that the wheels need balancing ?. to be honest the rear discs need changing because they are developing a lip round the outside or could it just be that the new discs and pads haven't bedded in yet ?. on long runs i don't get any shudder when the pads have been warmed up.

thanks
Old 02 November 2017, 02:50 PM
nufctoon
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matty81
hi all,

i get a shudder from time to time when braking between 60-70 mph, it doesn't happen all the time but occasionally it does. Had a geo setup done on the car last weekend because the toe's wasn't aligned correctly, recently changed the front discs and pads, which to be honest haven't really been bedded in properly because I only do 12 miles a day.

could it be that the wheels need balancing ?. to be honest the rear discs need changing because they are developing a lip round the outside or could it just be that the new discs and pads haven't bedded in yet ?. on long runs i don't get any shudder when the pads have been warmed up.

thanks
did you sort this out? Dodgy wheel bearings maybe?
Old 03 November 2017, 08:00 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a build up of pad material on the discs.