Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Stance

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2015, 08:33 PM
richaar
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stance

Hi guys,just got a 1997 Scooby, the guy I bought it off had just put some nice new black alloys on but are only 16"! I don't want to lower it as it's a nice ride not too bumpy but dont like the stance,I want a meaner look,do u think 18's will fit ok and with a front splitter would it do the job of giving it a better presence, cheers
Old 13 June 2015, 05:46 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

You may find a harsher drive with 18s . Id personally stick with 17s. Splitter sounds a good plan tho
Old 13 June 2015, 07:00 PM
random rs
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by richaar
Hi guys,just got a 1997 Scooby, the guy I bought it off had just put some nice new black alloys on but are only 16"! I don't want to lower it as it's a nice ride not too bumpy but dont like the stance,I want a meaner look,do u think 18's will fit ok and with a front splitter would it do the job of giving it a better presence, cheers
splitter will help but imo putting 18s on and not lowering it will look a bit daft as ittll be higher then it would 16s, i know from experience and also 18s will scrub on the rears in bends and make it not a nice drive, i fit 18s on mine bt i also threw in my set of zeal coilovers and dropped it a fair bit have say the ride for me is grand now, however the look of the car is not to everyones liking as it does look a bit "stanced"

as is now

and when i fit the wheels first without lowering.... sits low in the back as a i think most classics do a bit