Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

MY DECISION TO LEAVE

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2007, 09:20 AM
BRI STI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY DECISION TO LEAVE

My decision to leave the wyioc has been a hard one because i have made many friends, but in the light of recent events i can no longer sit on the fence over certain matters that i dont agree with. I am not a person that voices my opinion, because i dont like falling out with people that are my friends ,so the best way to deal with this is just to leave and part with subarus altogether. I will still see you all around squires for a cuppa meaning past and present wyioc members and have a chat to you all and not feel awkward with whoever i talk to from any club because i will not be in one. It saddens me that it has had to come to this..BRI..
Old 09 September 2007, 09:32 AM
Heard it all before
Scooby Regular

Guys

Selling cars because of a fall out !!!!!

This not what a club is about

Chill FFS

If you don't like someone you don't have to talk to them. YOU ALSO DON'T have to be rude to them etc etc

I have been attending meets for years and there are people I don't get on with but it never spoils the meet I just remain civil as they do
Old 09 September 2007, 09:49 AM
skywalker23
Scooby Regular

Old 09 September 2007, 09:50 AM
sti300
Scooby Regular

Hope to see you around Bri sad to see you leave.
Old 09 September 2007, 09:53 AM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Bri. I've been talking to DC & JB behind the scenes and this is a personal thing mate and NOTHING I repeat NOTHING to do with the club.

99.9% of people within the club talk to both parties on a completely neutral & friendly basis and we just have to accept that there's bad blood between one or two...

I struggle to see how this should affect enjoyment of the club?

The bad blood will seep into other relationships (that's inevitable with close ties) but I honestly believe this will fade quickly and soon and people will return to normal...

As Nostell proved, these parties can be in the same field and it doesn't affect the day. As DC said, several members of the club went across and spoke to them all and had something to eat... no issues.

I and a few others have worked tirelessly and hard to keep things on track and missing Blyton was an early agreement between DC & me so that we could have a firm date in which to re-assess that bad blood.

I can appreciate Dave's hurt at missing an event he enjoys... and I can appreciate him asking if that agreement could be reneged, but the bad blood that came out over the past few days proves it's still there and we as friends of both parties have to help and support them.

I'll repeat for the third time... The club has nothing to do with this and we all hope this can be resolved...
Old 09 September 2007, 10:01 AM
sti300
Scooby Regular

Well said Alan!
Old 09 September 2007, 01:48 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

FFS

Old 09 September 2007, 01:57 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Sorry to say that this isn't a surprise, but the point is we will miss characters like yourself at future meets, etc.

I feel like moving back to East Yorkshire 'cos I've been made SO welcome

Dunx

All the best !
Old 09 September 2007, 04:57 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

we've talked... you know how I feel Bri & Mandy

See you very soon
Old 09 September 2007, 05:31 PM
DaveSTI350
Scooby Regular

Location: In an East Yorkshire Pub somewhere....squires Milk Bar.

Bri

I'm sorry you have to feel like this. but can understand. Being friends for some 18 years we have a lot of respect for each other. Alan is partly right it as nothing to do with the club. But it does JB and me will never be friends. But it does not stop me being polite and say....hello. I have moved on!!
All this as come back because i asked if i and some others could go to blyton. CB did his best. but seem to think it was something to do with the nicc.. this was wrong!!. As Dunx was still down to go. the fact is that if i went. then 5 or so would drop out..... Which i think is PATHETIC!! AND ALL I CAN SAY IS GROW UP !! AND ALL THE OTHER X MEMBERS WHO ARE NOT WELCOME ON ANY WYIOC EVENTS SHOULD GET THEIR SUB MONEY (£25) BACK THINK ITS ONLY FAIR.

THE WYIOC. IS A GOOD CLUB BUT IT DOES STEROTYPE PEOPLE

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. AND EXCERISE MY FREEDOM OF SPEACH.

SO NO BANS OR INFRACTIONS PLEASE..

JUST WANT EVRYBODY TO GET ALONG...

BECAUSE LIFE IS TO DAMN SHORT..

Regards

Dave..
Old 09 September 2007, 05:46 PM
DaveSTI350
Scooby Regular

Location: In an East Yorkshire Pub somewhere....squires Milk Bar.

Originally Posted by Alan C
Bri. I've been talking to DC & JB behind the scenes and this is a personal thing mate and NOTHING I repeat NOTHING to do with the club.

99.9% of people within the club talk to both parties on a completely neutral & friendly basis and we just have to accept that there's bad blood between one or two...

I struggle to see how this should affect enjoyment of the club?

The bad blood will seep into other relationships (that's inevitable with close ties) but I honestly believe this will fade quickly and soon and people will return to normal...

As Nostell proved, these parties can be in the same field and it doesn't affect the day. As DC said, several members of the club went across and spoke to them all and had something to eat... no issues.

I and a few others have worked tirelessly and hard to keep things on track and missing Blyton was an early agreement between DC & me so that we could have a firm date in which to re-assess that bad blood.

I can appreciate Dave's hurt at missing an event he enjoys... and I can appreciate him asking if that agreement could be reneged, but the bad blood that came out over the past few days proves it's still there and we as friends of both parties have to help and support them.

I'll repeat for the third time... The club has nothing to do with this and we all hope this can be resolved...

Sorry Alan but Bri & Mandy leaving is nothing to do with Me nor Jb. argueing...I think it may be club POLITICS..
Old 09 September 2007, 05:53 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Dave you're right that I was entered for Blyton, but used a crap excuse to pull-out because of the NICC ban policy.

We are all supposed to be enthusiasts, but we can't all be everybody's best mate. So leave some space to breathe and get on with enjoying life with a Subaru.

Just had a PM from a respected WYIOC member dis-appointed with me, have replied privately.
To everyone else, yes the WYIOC is a great bunch, but something is going wrong, and I don't have a fix for the problem myself.

Hope you all enjoy Blyton, as I would have liked to with ALL my friends.

Dunx

P.S. Fi-Fi is dis-appointed too....
Old 09 September 2007, 06:12 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Dunx... You DO NOT have all the facts and this type of response without those facts doesn't help the situation and is rekindling old stuff that we (the WYIOC) were over.

You have a PM.....
Old 09 September 2007, 06:26 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveSTI350
Sorry Alan but Bri & Mandy leaving is nothing to do with Me nor Jb. argueing...I think it may be club POLITICS..
Ah. I'm actually thinking that's a good thing!!!

I don't want this whole thing kicking off again... as childish isn't the word...
Old 13 September 2007, 02:08 AM
blueangel
BANNED

Lol,its just storm in a teacup, I stick me fingers up to other impreza passing us by,2 fingers and a FO, cos its my car and who cares.
Old 13 September 2007, 02:13 AM
blueangel
BANNED

And ****-takers have picked the wrong person to pick a bunfight with.
Old 13 September 2007, 07:02 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

OMG... BlueAngel...... Been on your hols ????
Old 13 September 2007, 09:42 AM
fl6jr
Scooby Regular

sad to see you leave bri