Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

Cadwell\Elving reports???

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2006, 08:50 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cadwell\Elving reports???

Well hope you all had a good safe day at CWP, those who went..

I went to elvington and got thru a pair of rear tyres, anihalated an evo 6 after my mate was beeing taunted whilst driving my car... We did a driver swap, and i got my own back... even rubbed it in when it started raining by staying out in the wet and still f0000king off
Was spot on day, even though it was mad windy, my acorn froze on the way back and i got very wet...
would recommend an airfield day if you can't guarantee the weather, really say, and lots of run of with nothing but grass to hit, even JB can't hit anything although he's probably just spear off into the scenery and do a hamster on the grass...
Had some proper fun though, top bend was a bit mad though 90-100 mph power slides were nuts as was breaking from 150mph about 150m from the end of the straight and watching Mick hanging from the belts "strong belts"
Sitting here now though with a bear and i ache all over and my eyes are really bloodshot
all in a top day out and really safe... pretty sure i'll be entering the tuner GP net year though now just have a some real racing even if it is against the clock...

forgot to add, thanks Mick for driving over, and providing some warmth with the truck, and cuppa... and watching e back in the appauling weather...
Thanks mate.
Old 11 November 2006, 09:33 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Sounds fun, would've loved to have gone but work as usual.
Old 11 November 2006, 10:53 PM
Red Man
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cadwell was just bloody fantastc Dazza.

Usually I stay out for about 10 to 15 minutes. On my first run I was out for 40 minutes - I just could not bring myself to come in. Over the day I must have had about 3 hours track time, including 35 minutes with the course instructor. I think I did about 150 miles on the track.

Loads of cars to play with and the track was just amazing. Loads of fast Caterhams etc, but no atoms (that I saw). Etiquette was pretty good - the idiots seemed to go out in the sighting laps. After that it seemed to calm down - though had a few spinners in front of me.

Tomorrow I will post a few pictures take by the course photographer - I also have some video - including getting past the only Evo that I saw all day - a slow moving Caterham helped me

The best moment? The instructor telling me to take Coppice flat out. To approach a bend at the end of the straight and not even brake, instead powering straight through it was a huge leap of faith, especially as you carry this speeed into the next complex. But once you go for it the feeling is amazing - a roller coaster ride.

Conditions were damp and greasy to sart with but the quick parts of the course dried quickly and we had no rain. Good facilities at Cadwell, friendly atmosphere - club level people really - no big money around.

The last event I did with Javelin was at Elvington and it rained all day - standing water everywhere - a real hoot with the huge run off. Enjoyed and learned a lot on both days, but at the end of the day I prefer the race track event more - a bit more history

By the way Dave C seems up for some more track days - wonder how other club memebers feel. I would like to visit both Donnington and Oulton to get some more experience.

Time to hit the sack - my old bones took a pounding today - finished by the drive across the Yorks wolds with suspension still set for the track.

Dave
Old 11 November 2006, 10:57 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Would love to come along next time Dave, Cadwell is top of my list even though I've never been Just looks such a nice track Glad you enjoyed it
Old 11 November 2006, 11:07 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Top stuff RM... good report...im off in the new year defo.... can't wait to get the ****** on the mountain... scary i bet... glad you enjoyed it...
Old 13 November 2006, 06:54 PM
MARK-SPARK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Red Man
Cadwell was just bloody fantastc Dazza.

Usually I stay out for about 10 to 15 minutes. On my first run I was out for 40 minutes - I just could not bring myself to come in. Over the day I must have had about 3 hours track time, including 35 minutes with the course instructor. I think I did about 150 miles on the track.

Loads of cars to play with and the track was just amazing. Loads of fast Caterhams etc, but no atoms (that I saw). Etiquette was pretty good - the idiots seemed to go out in the sighting laps. After that it seemed to calm down - though had a few spinners in front of me.

Tomorrow I will post a few pictures take by the course photographer - I also have some video - including getting past the only Evo that I saw all day - a slow moving Caterham helped me

The best moment? The instructor telling me to take Coppice flat out. To approach a bend at the end of the straight and not even brake, instead powering straight through it was a huge leap of faith, especially as you carry this speeed into the next complex. But once you go for it the feeling is amazing - a roller coaster ride.

Conditions were damp and greasy to sart with but the quick parts of the course dried quickly and we had no rain. Good facilities at Cadwell, friendly atmosphere - club level people really - no big money around.

The last event I did with Javelin was at Elvington and it rained all day - standing water everywhere - a real hoot with the huge run off. Enjoyed and learned a lot on both days, but at the end of the day I prefer the race track event more - a bit more history

By the way Dave C seems up for some more track days - wonder how other club memebers feel. I would like to visit both Donnington and Oulton to get some more experience.

Time to hit the sack - my old bones took a pounding today - finished by the drive across the Yorks wolds with suspension still set for the track.

Dave
How much was time with instructor plz.
Old 13 November 2006, 11:37 PM
Red Man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MARK-SPARK
How much was time with instructor plz.
Its basically a pound a minute - so £35 for the 35 minutes I was out. You could have more or less. If you want to learn how to drive the circuit its the most cost effective way of going quicker.

Also, with the instructor there were corners I was taking at a speed and line that I would not have thought possible. e.g Coppice entry and Gooseneck left apex. But once you have the confidence, and then hit them on your own the feeling is just fantastic.

Just note - this is in your own car, instructior sits as passenger - in fact in one of the photos (see my other post) you can see the instructor guiding me on the lines.

The instructor at Cadwell was Andy - I would highly recommend him.

Hope this helps

Dave
Old 13 November 2006, 11:47 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dazza's-STi
and lots of run of with nothing but grass to hit, even JB can't hit anything although he's probably just spear off into the scenery and do a hamster on the grass...

1 day fella i'll suprise all of you ,make sure your watching at the SSO. when i promise to beat times set by faster more powerful cars

this is not a dig at you dazza but a note to all those who doubt my abilities behind a wheel

just wearing me down a bit sorry if this seems a bit out of character.

as for my spelling knock yourselves out
Old 13 November 2006, 11:51 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

in my defence of this It looks like im selling a scoob that nobody would want or i could sell to any of you and feel right about it.

because of my slip sliding adventure round wooley my insurance is well over the 2 and a half grand mark for a fookin 242Bhp WRX

Last edited by JAKbauer24; 14 November 2006 at 03:18 AM.
Old 14 November 2006, 12:18 AM
MickWrx
Scooby Regular

Location: Wset Yroksrhie posts: 82,555 - total _____ Avg monthly

what can I add

I know dazza will be first to admit his car on B roads is not the best suited, but on the track wowzers, awe inspiring, breathtaking, scary,

As dazza says we were entering the bottom sweeping bend at 100 and the back end was letting go what can I say (all I could think was that if it let go we would do a hammond) then accelerating out of the bend to 150 then braking so so so close to the next set of tight bends it really did begger belief, took me really suprize, just kept holding my thumb up in speechless admiration.

It just caught and passed all the other cars, at what seemed like will, top driving Dazza and thank you for breaking every speed memory I have to date
Old 14 November 2006, 08:07 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Originally Posted by MickWrx
what can I add

I know dazza will be first to admit his car on B roads is not the best suited, but on the track wowzers, awe inspiring, breathtaking, scary,

As dazza says we were entering the bottom sweeping bend at 100 and the back end was letting go what can I say (all I could think was that if it let go we would do a hammond) then accelerating out of the bend to 150 then braking so so so close to the next set of tight bends it really did begger belief, took me really suprize, just kept holding my thumb up in speechless admiration.

It just caught and passed all the other cars, at what seemed like will, top driving Dazza and thank you for breaking every speed memory I have to date
Elvington is fun in the wet, Rannoch and I were doing exactly what you describe when it was persisting it down back in early september, his spec c was much fun that day. Guessing the Atom would be even more fun!
Old 14 November 2006, 10:37 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

JB a have you had a beer??? very uncharachteristic downer moment from you... wasn't taking the pi$$ mate just a giggle thats what everyone in our little group should expect ... i never rate anyone unless i've been in with them and even then... does it matter... eveyone has limits and this is usually down to practice, experience and instruction unlesss you drive like my mum for who'm no amount of the above will hlep. in the end though it do't really matter so long as we are all safe and have fun
it does get a bit ****e when its costing a fortune though
Chin up cocker

back on topic now jb's taking up positionon the psychiatrists couch

i'm off next mont again i think if anyones u for it...
Old 14 November 2006, 10:48 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Not a dig at you daz, don't wanna upset anyone just getting to me at the mo ive got a car thats **** strange noise's and a wheel that looks like its been on't ****, insurance bill in the thousands upon thousands on my WRX ,a chance to buy the car ive pined for, for years (Spec C) which the best quote was £6600 and a bank account in the DR. and all this is a stark reminder of losing it big on wolley round-a-bout again not ment as a dig but lookin like im going to pack the job lot in just Fed up with it
Old 14 November 2006, 10:50 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dazza's-STi
i'm off next mont again i think if anyones u for it...
elvington - how much was it and it's a good possibility
Old 14 November 2006, 11:25 PM
MickWrx
Scooby Regular

Location: Wset Yroksrhie posts: 82,555 - total _____ Avg monthly

Originally Posted by JAKbauer24
Not a dig at you daz, don't wanna upset anyone just getting to me at the mo ive got a car thats **** strange noise's and a wheel that looks like its been on't ****, insurance bill in the thousands upon thousands on my WRX ,a chance to buy the car ive pined for, for years (Spec C) which the best quote was £6600 and a bank account in the DR. and all this is a stark reminder of losing it big on wolley round-a-bout again not ment as a dig but lookin like im going to pack the job lot in just Fed up with it
Bloody hell JBsort yourself out you winging tw@T

just kidling, chin up mucker it could be worse
Old 15 November 2006, 12:56 AM
killa
Scooby Regular

Agree with Mick heads up..
Old 15 November 2006, 01:01 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JAKbauer24
elvington - how much was it and it's a good possibility
Old 15 November 2006, 01:13 PM
DaveSTI350
Scooby Regular

Location: In an East Yorkshire Pub somewhere....squires Milk Bar.

i'm off next mont again i think if anyones u for it...Dazzas. /QUOTE]
Do you fancy cadwell.... on....24 th.......ANYONE......DAZZA???? .. ONLY £99

Last edited by DaveSTI350; 15 November 2006 at 01:15 PM.