Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

prodrive springs

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2006, 11:50 AM
wayne's scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prodrive springs

Hi everyone am thinking of putting prodrive springs onto my car do I need the geometry doing, or can I get away with just fitting just the springs. As I know someone who has had just the springs fitted and dint have the geometry done. Will this damage anything.
Old 08 September 2006, 12:21 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the struts will be removed to fit the springs and some of the other linkages may be disconnected to make the job easier then it should be redone. Also, the car being lower with different bump characteristics means the car will react differently and should be set up to get the best from this. By not doing so you will reduce the potential benefits in fitting them in the first place, and may well scrub your tyres flat rather quickly. If it is well out it could also give dangerous result in fast wet driving.

Contact Tams and get them to set it up at you local garage. I usually pay IRO £50-60, but it does vary depending on what your garage charges for use of the ramps.

Print this out and show it them if you want truly stunning turn-in and awesome straight line stability

Tams number is on the bottom.