Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Is this a typical Subaru driver attitude?

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2009, 08:35 PM
PompeyBike
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a typical Subaru driver attitude?

On a YouTube video of a badly driven taxi, the latest in a series of incoherent threats is:

njpwrxsti

watch out peddle boy the scoobs are about youve got reason to be ****ting ur pants now lol... wanna start on the cars ???? the bonnet scoops bite back...... watch urs
Now I know that the majority of Subaru drivers are courteous and take their driving seriously.

Anyone care to comment on this individual's representation of Subaru drivers?
Old 11 September 2009, 09:11 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Yeah, he's a tit.
Old 11 September 2009, 09:36 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

Yea... what he said is pretty stupid.

I watched some of your video's and... well Ive never seen anyone video their random bike rides. Quite funny but quite sad at the same time which is also the case for going to all the trouble of editing the videos and posting on them on youtube. I fail to see what your trying to achieve... fair enough if you want to use your footage to prosecute someone for doing wrong, take it to the police if your that bothered.

As a cyclist Im sure your aware that the cycle paths are not perfect. They stop and start in random places and are just fitted in at the sides of the roads which are already cramped with just the cars on them. Your meant to use your common sense and knowledge of the road. Just because your in the cycle lane doesnt mean that your protected from the motorists which goes the same for other motorists. People park in stupid places on the roads and car struggle to use the roads when they do, people turn without indicating thats why you leave them space, people lapse in concentration when the lights start to change thats why theres and amber fail safe.

Makes no sense to me what you do... to be honest I dont know why I replied to this. Maybe its because I think its so sad and pointless that I had to say something... seriously theres much better things that you could be doing rather than moaning on youtube about motorist or taking the time to join a Subaru forum so you can moan some more. Theres definatly better things I could be doing rather than replying to you so Im off... Like I said take it to the police if your bothered.
Old 11 September 2009, 10:03 PM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

is this for real ?

i've watched some of the vid's on you tube (very sad but just my opinion), the 4x4 one is the best it's no where near close to the bike rider who seems to like to shout but goes up the inside of other cars much more closely when they are stopped and says nothing to himself.

just hope the next time he shouts at someone they don't stop and do him a serious injury. my advise stop what you are doing unless you start driving around in a tank YOU ARE NOT SAFE.

certainly not the average scooby driver but also i think in no way is an average cyclist either bonkers.

Last edited by TingTongPJ; 11 September 2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11 September 2009, 10:08 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazJenno
Yea... what he said is pretty stupid.

I watched some of your video's and... well Ive never seen anyone video their random bike rides. Quite funny but quite sad at the same time which is also the case for going to all the trouble of editing the videos and posting on them on youtube. I fail to see what your trying to achieve... fair enough if you want to use your footage to prosecute someone for doing wrong, take it to the police if your that bothered.

As a cyclist Im sure your aware that the cycle paths are not perfect. They stop and start in random places and are just fitted in at the sides of the roads which are already cramped with just the cars on them. Your meant to use your common sense and knowledge of the road. Just because your in the cycle lane doesnt mean that your protected from the motorists which goes the same for other motorists. People park in stupid places on the roads and car struggle to use the roads when they do, people turn without indicating thats why you leave them space, people lapse in concentration when the lights start to change thats why theres and amber fail safe.

Makes no sense to me what you do... to be honest I dont know why I replied to this. Maybe its because I think its so sad and pointless that I had to say something... seriously theres much better things that you could be doing rather than moaning on youtube about motorist or taking the time to join a Subaru forum so you can moan some more. Theres definatly better things I could be doing rather than replying to you so Im off... Like I said take it to the police if your bothered.
x2
..to be fair though he is the first cyclist I've ever seen stop at a red light
Old 11 September 2009, 10:34 PM
PompeyBike
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by TingTongPJ
is this for real ?

.....but goes up the inside of other cars much more closely when they are stopped and says nothing to himself.

Which video was that?

Not one of mine for certain.
Old 11 September 2009, 10:53 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

Which video was that?

Not one of mine for certain.
YouTube - Peugeot through red lights in Southampton Road, Portsmouth 30apr09 at 0800

Certainly is... and surley thats a cycle path on the pavement!?
Old 11 September 2009, 11:05 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazJenno
YouTube - Peugeot through red lights in Southampton Road, Portsmouth 30apr09 at 0800

Certainly is... and surley thats a cycle path on the pavement!?

certainly was.
Old 12 September 2009, 07:40 AM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

FFS - hasn't he got anything better to do - we all see examples of bad driving every day, however most of us are experienced enough to read the road ahead and drive / ride accordingly - without blowing a gasket.

I think this guy really needs to get our more - but maybe without his bike!!
Old 12 September 2009, 08:14 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Its all getting a bit boring now isnt it? Has this guy posted on all the other car fora to vent his spleen also? Listen buddy, if you like your bike so much, dont waste your time posting on this forum, go out and ride it (on the cyclepath if there is one available)
Old 12 September 2009, 09:17 AM
fastmike
Scooby Regular

Pompey you are the best advert for pro abortion I have seen today .... ( having said that it IS early)
Old 12 September 2009, 09:32 AM
PompeyBike
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by GMballistic
certainly was.
NOT Mine, read the screen!

Old 12 September 2009, 09:38 AM
PompeyBike
Scooby Newbie

PS - the cycle path is unusable about 100 yards further up....

Link
Old 12 September 2009, 09:41 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PompeyBike

i think your sad. lonely, still a vigin and havent got any one to play with. stop complaining about the way things are. you dont wanna get knocked over? then dont go on the road!

ur choice. no one forces you to ride your bike!

do us all a favour and find something better to do. like painting your nails and playing with yourself. maybe you will leave us all out of your life then!
Old 12 September 2009, 09:43 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

PS - the cycle path is unusable about 100 yards further up....

Link

what do we care. we dont ride bikes. we drive cars! cycle lanes aint no good to us!

oh and i agree that driver of the subaru was bad.! before you go thinking im one of them!
Old 12 September 2009, 09:56 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr_D
what do we care. we dont ride bikes. we drive cars! cycle lanes aint no good to us!
I dont know, I can get two wheels up on a cyclepath

(joking, of course, before I get accused of being a tool again!)
Old 12 September 2009, 10:47 AM
GTW
Scooby Regular

I just dont get it... you need some Bloody big hills, a hard tail and some jumps Then i would love to watch some vid's

Or... I'll lend you my bmx and we'll hit a skatepark and have even more funn i will guarentee filming random cars will be well off your agenda
Old 12 September 2009, 11:09 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mylesthegreat(not!)
I dont know, I can get two wheels up on a cyclepath

try it with one wheel. then i will be impressed
Old 12 September 2009, 11:21 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

I wanted to agree with you, I cycle a lot and see some awful things on the road, I just cant see the merit in this, with the time you have spent doing this I am sure you could have done something more proactive for cyclist.
The Taxi was bad, Had it have been me and I was in my DH gear I would have gone into his bonnet to teach him a lesson.
The two pugs, well.... if you cant anticipate basic traffic movements should you be on a road? You have to understand your time on the road should be governed by the lowest common denominator. Stupid people are allowed on the roads and you have to assume that every car you see is being driven by a stupid person. Its the only way to be safe.

Make sure you dont turn your head to get good footage for to long, as I am sure you know that not paying attention is still an offense on a peddle cycle
Old 12 September 2009, 05:25 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

I meant certainly was a cycle path BTW
Old 12 September 2009, 05:51 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

I wouldnt normally continue to comment on such a stupid matter but seeing as your trying to say Im wrong I'd like to point out... the video in question is posted by you AND you commented on it saying that "I passed on the left".

It also looks like that the peugot driver had to overtake you as you were travelling slower than the traffic when you shouldn't have even been on the road. As he sped up, to pass you, the light begin to change... he cannot stop along side you as he would be stopped partly in the right hand lane so he continued on through the light while it was amber... something he wouldn't have had to do if you were using the cycle lane as you should have.

People make mistakes on the road, no ones perfect and this is shown just as much in your cycling skills as it is with some of the other road users in your videos... yet no one was videoing you or having ago at you on the internet until you tried to have ago at other people.

Last edited by GazJenno; 12 September 2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12 September 2009, 08:14 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

also you CANNOT undertake on the left on a bicycle, unless there is a seperate lane, or a vehicle is turning right, this practice has cost quite a few lives, usually lost under the wheels of a HGV turning or swinging left.
Old 12 September 2009, 09:13 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Idiot