Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

'bell end' Hawkhurst Fish Farm'

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2009, 11:10 AM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'bell end' Hawkhurst Fish Farm'

Despite having been 11 accidents including 2 fatalities in the last 6 months alone on the notorious stretch of road outside the Fish Farm in Hawkhurst you decided to show off and execute some mighty skillful driving.
Whilst I was slowing behind a Land Rover which was indicating right to turn across the road into the Farm you though it was sensible to overtake both of us in your nice shiny hatchback STi
I really don't mind you smashing up your own car and killing yourself but please don't involve me in your muppetry.
Scoobynet seems full of posts regarding baseball clad teenagers rampaging around in classics, but to be fair, your driving and respect for other road users was, quite frankly, pathetic and would have beaten them hands down.
By the way, when you realised what a w@anker you'd been and booted it embarressment, I was surprised how slow your 'old' hatchback was
Old 31 July 2009, 11:43 AM
biggi
Scooby Regular

Could you tell how old this drivers was, the reason I ask is I am 26 and owed a classic Impreza since 2004, this put me in the firing line as a young driver, I stopped posting on SN as young drivers were being slatted big time,
We all have a play and test our machine, WHEN we fell it is safe and assessing the risk that could we put someone at risk , sometimes the minority spoil it for the majority, we will always see young and old pushing to hard ,taking risks and showing of disregarding who they might injure,kill or damage, I think we need to stop slatting young drivers and look at the bigger picture,
I am sure you will all have different opinions but lets put the cards on the table and sort this out once and for all.
Old 31 July 2009, 01:15 PM
subeyman
Scooby Regular

This sort of thing is never gonna stop regardless of age and type of car, it all comes down to the pathetic disregard mentality of the driver behind the wheel.

Im forever getting hassled by Tw*ts in sh*t cars and 99% of em are id say are in there teens and early 20's and the worst ive seen were 2 different classic scoobs, both young drivers!
No wonder we get a poor name for ourselves.
minority soundly F*ck it for the majority as most things!!!
Old 31 July 2009, 04:42 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

It's quite possible he just made an error of judgement.

I lost a colleague who "thought" a pick-up was over-taking at a T-junction, it wasn't and he went into the back of it. Hate motorcycles myself.

Or he is a lucky kn*bhead who got away with it this time, and may be sat in the loo with his laptop reading this now....

dunx
Old 31 July 2009, 05:29 PM
biggi
Scooby Regular

take it u r on the loo. lOLLLLLLLL r u teling from experiance!!!!!!
Old 31 July 2009, 05:47 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

To be fair his driving was so ridiculous I still can't believe it - I had to calm my skin down quickly as the adrenalin rush I got made me a bit tetchy....to say the least
Old 31 July 2009, 09:20 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I am only human, and we can all make mistakes.... but no I haven''t pulled a move like that in many years.

Seeing is believing, I have witnessed the same move performed by an MG on a car turning right at a junction. It wasn't pretty in any way !

My last close scrape was too fast over a brow out in the country on a main road, at the back of a huge tractor No way I could have stopped, but luckily I could see it was clear and overtook. Very close one ! my Imp had rubbish brakes, but was rather rapid...

dunx
Old 01 August 2009, 08:58 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my Imp had rubbish brakes, but was rather rapid...
i have allways believed that the first 'and best' mod BEFORE you make you car faster is......
Old 01 August 2009, 09:27 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

i had the same issue on wednesday in the really really really bad rain we had. i had a van up my *** on speed limit. then under took me, then pulled in front of me and jammed on his brakes and then was driving in the centre of 2 lanes. and then decided to cut me up at a roundabout. i wasnt best please and was fumming. when i got in front there was 2 old guys in the van. now i know some of my mates race around and i know i am only young but i can assure you that i dont go around driving like this.

i know i got a powerful car and dont need to display this to everyone allday. i use it sometimes when im on the motor way or getting up to speed limit after a set of lights.

as stated above "the minority make the name for the majority". and although i maybe 24 i still have alot of knowledge in cars and share the same passion that the majority of this site has in common. so why do ppl slate the young drivers.
Old 01 August 2009, 04:50 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Steve001
i have allways believed that the first 'and best' mod BEFORE you make you car faster is......
No disc up-grades available back in the 70's....

dunx
Old 01 August 2009, 05:16 PM
biggi
Scooby Regular

Showing you age Dunx LOL!!!
I know where stev is coming from,
but on another note if you are going to fast and lose control dont think the world best brakes will pull u out of the S****
Old 01 August 2009, 08:05 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lets just get this straight age has nothing to do with it... In past few months had a younge lad in a car drivin like a di£$ then same day further down road an old duffer on coming came into my lane and smashed my mirror off..and every 30-40 plus driver in his people carrier thinks he has a point to prove.. the roads are full of w£$%ers.. what makes you a good road driver is not to become just another w£$%er
Old 01 August 2009, 09:03 PM
biggi
Scooby Regular

Thank u this is what I am saying it does not matter what car u drive, old or young drivers take risks,
so do we all agree age has nothing to do with it,
Old 01 August 2009, 09:14 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

i'm only 21 years old and got my first scoob 2 weeks ago, i hold a couple of advanced driving course certificates but still get labelled a boy racer by anyone that sees me in a scoob. only today have i been tailgated by a jag and a focus driven by middle aged men, but knowing that my car is quick i know i don't need to race. you have to see the look on peoples faces when you pull over and let them pass.
Old 01 August 2009, 11:29 PM
biggi
Scooby Regular

^^^been in the situation today^^^^
if looks could kill
Old 02 August 2009, 10:23 AM
pnbond007
Scooby Regular

well i'm 49yrs of age and love my fairly quick RA, I never take risks as I have learned from my stupidity in my early years of bikes & cars.

I just tootle around in mine enjoying the experience, of course i'll have a blast but not to others & my own risk.

9 times out of 10 putting your foot down in any performance car these days just makes you look like a N#b, keep it for the correct place is my spin.
Old 03 August 2009, 08:06 AM
Marin
Scooby Regular

Imps - happy memories - I had a Stiletto and loved it. Got taken out at a big T junction too although the insurance payout covered the big valve head etc when it was back on the road!