Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

White Bugatti Veyron, registration plate 'F1'

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2009, 11:20 PM
Ozzy_B
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Bugatti Veyron, registration plate 'F1'

With about the same odds as winning the lottery, if you, driver of the white veyron that was crusing on the m62 today, frequent these forums, what else can I say apart from....pure ****
Old 29 June 2009, 11:33 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

That was me, just my run around you understand, i only get the scoob out at weekends
Old 29 June 2009, 11:36 PM
Bealescooby
Scooby Regular

v5 borrowed it from me and was bringing it back to me
Old 29 June 2009, 11:40 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

Ive decided to keep it!
Old 29 June 2009, 11:42 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Thought it was me you saw for a minute, but then i woke up!
Old 30 June 2009, 12:29 AM
Ozzy_B
Scooby Regular

after a quick search, the registration plate 'F1' sold for £440,000 in jan 08....Record £440,000 paid for F1 number plate

Old 30 June 2009, 02:37 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

F1 plate and a Veyron

someone tell this guy money cant buy you love
Old 30 June 2009, 09:48 AM
chavadurkin
Scooby Regular

The guy that owns the car is mr Kahn..............

a company that makes alloy wheels, and designs project cars..........

all totally lidget too?

He used to have the number plate on his McLaren !

Last edited by chavadurkin; 30 June 2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: more info.
Old 30 June 2009, 11:18 AM
Biggs
Scooby Regular

Location: East Barnet/southgate on the borders of North London and Hertfordshire

I was under the impression that they only made 1 white veyron and that,that was in Dubai
Old 30 June 2009, 11:24 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

not registered in this country at the minute apparantly.

https://www.mycarcheck.com/check/F1/
Old 30 June 2009, 11:33 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
not registered in this country at the minute apparantly.

https://www.mycarcheck.com/check/F1/
ASKMID

its got insurance though
Old 30 June 2009, 12:01 PM
TomR555
Scooby Regular

Im sure Bernie Ecclestone once owned the F1 plate
as for the Veyron see this one at Brands the weekend
Old 30 June 2009, 02:02 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by chavadurkin
The guy that owns the car is mr Kahn..............

a company that makes alloy wheels, and designs project cars..........

all totally lidget too?

Its annoying isnt it, asian guy with rich parents gets 100k to start a posh modifying business, designs his own alloys, gives max power a hand out to review them (circa 97/98), a few peeps get them fitted to their cars, it all looks good so far........ He then starts to give the alloys away to celebrities in the modifying world (the max power project cars all had them back in the day) so they would be seen with the right demographic, they sell a few more!

he then cottons on to the new range rover (about 2002 when it came out) and decides it needs wheels, a grill and a new badge, so pays an engineering company to produce his designs and then sells them to new range owners at a massivley inflated price (10k for wheels and a badge anyone?), but typial range owners are all about one-up manship, so like overfinch, they get loads of orders for cars that are still being delivered, so they go straight to khan, get modded, then straight to the owner!

He is making millions out of maxing range rovers, and most of them look horrible!

The guy near me who fancies himself as a property developer (he has done wel to be fair) has just paid 80k for a 3 year old khan range, says it was 110k new, and the limited availability makes it worth the premium, it a range with a set of nice wheels, a badge and 4 tailpipes ffs!

It takes money to make money!

Some one give me 100k and ill start a ferrari modifying business, see how much i can rip those guys off!

Khan charges stupid amounts of money for relatively small rims, 9k for 22's with tires, 26's from america would be 5k!
Old 30 June 2009, 02:10 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

GC8WRX your post smacks of jealousy, the man has done well for himself, live and let live.

Banny
Old 30 June 2009, 02:37 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
GC8WRX your post smacks of jealousy, the man has done well for himself, live and let live.

Banny
+1
Old 30 June 2009, 02:59 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

Kahn alloys etc are based in Bradford.

consequently there are some real monied heaps driving about.

ususally by spotty wannabe ganstas innit.

very fancy showroom and usually some nice rollers outside.

but I do not understand why you'd replace the wheels on bentleys or rollers with some aftermarket ****e. ???
Old 30 June 2009, 03:24 PM
Mark1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TomR555
Im sure Bernie Ecclestone once owned the F1
Nope. Owned by Essex County Council then auctioned off and purchased by Mr Khan. The money went into driver training for the county.
Old 30 June 2009, 03:25 PM
Mark1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chavadurkin
Shame it was 'only' a Mercedes McLaren SLR and not a McLaren F1.
Old 30 June 2009, 07:48 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Saw a purple Bugatti Veyron in Leicester last week. Looked amazing!!! Was driving slow so that he would go flying past me as i was down a country lane, unfortunatly I didnt get to see all 1000bhp of it!!!
Old 30 June 2009, 11:28 PM
LAG
Scooby Regular

Kahn has loads of cars and registrations, used to go past everyday, he had rolls, SLR and allsorts. Supposedly has loads of Hollywood clients, including George Clooney! Seems like a guy that found a niche market and acted upon it, good luck to him, im sure 99% of people on here would like to be in a similar position! Looking forward to seeing this Veyron around!!
Old 30 June 2009, 11:47 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
Its annoying isnt it, asian guy with rich parents gets 100k to start a posh modifying business, designs his own alloys, gives max power a hand out to review them (circa 97/98), a few peeps get them fitted to their cars, it all looks good so far........ He then starts to give the alloys away to celebrities in the modifying world (the max power project cars all had them back in the day) so they would be seen with the right demographic, they sell a few more!

he then cottons on to the new range rover (about 2002 when it came out) and decides it needs wheels, a grill and a new badge, so pays an engineering company to produce his designs and then sells them to new range owners at a massivley inflated price (10k for wheels and a badge anyone?), but typial range owners are all about one-up manship, so like overfinch, they get loads of orders for cars that are still being delivered, so they go straight to khan, get modded, then straight to the owner!

He is making millions out of maxing range rovers, and most of them look horrible!

The guy near me who fancies himself as a property developer (he has done wel to be fair) has just paid 80k for a 3 year old khan range, says it was 110k new, and the limited availability makes it worth the premium, it a range with a set of nice wheels, a badge and 4 tailpipes ffs!

Some one give me 100k and ill start a ferrari modifying business, see how much i can rip those guys off!

Khan charges stupid amounts of money for relatively small rims, 9k for 22's with tires, 26's from america would be 5k!
They do produce absolute abortions for cars. I absolutely despise the cars and think they are naff. But fair play to the guy being able to sell branded products with added dog$hit at a premium lol!
Old 01 July 2009, 07:18 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Sounds like he had a decent business plan. No morals maybe, but if people wanna have more money than sense to fork out £9k for rims and a badge, someone will exploit it. If he didn't someone else would have.

FWIW I agree, the Khan RR's do look daft with the footballer bling on them. Money don't buy you class, but it buys you an F1 Reg. plate and a Bugatti
Old 01 July 2009, 12:15 PM
X865
Scooby Regular

Default veyron

never thought would see a veyron but recently drove one to a trailer, best part is pushing the start button and waiting for those 2 v8,s to fire up, stunning car inside and out, so I am on that very short list of people who have driven a Bugatti Veyron 16/4
Old 02 July 2009, 09:38 AM
GStar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LUCKO
F1 plate and a Veyron

someone tell this guy money cant buy you love
when there's a veyron involved - oh yes it can ....
Old 02 July 2009, 05:29 PM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

My mate used to work for him doing advertising and got paid next to nothing and Mr kahn`s not the nicest bloke from what ive heard.Hes doing well though making naff range rovers look even naffer.
He did have a pearl white aston vantage in when I went round that was gooooorgeous.
Andy
Old 02 July 2009, 07:18 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

The difference there is that the U.S government to put taxes and silly add ons like the British government.

Fair play to the guy,he found an open market and i think the cars he builds are awesome (exept the Rollers) My favourite car has to be a Project Khan/Cosworth Range Rover Sport
Old 02 July 2009, 08:02 PM
Heretik
Scooby Regular

F1 no. plate on one of thier land rovers... might have to flick through the pics a bit..

Some nice cars!!

Project Kahn - Creating a Masterpiece | Range Rover : Landrover : Aston Martin : Bentley : BMW : Jaguar : Ferrari : Mercedes : Rolls Royce

oh and here is the car in question...

http://www.dealers.motortrak.com/det...059&vidindex=0

Anyone got any spare cash they can lend me?

Last edited by Heretik; 02 July 2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02 July 2009, 08:30 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Biggs
I was under the impression that they only made 1 white veyron and that,that was in Dubai

I seen a white on white Veyron near me (Essex, to match the stilettos perhaps??!!) on a couple of occasions. At the time it was on a 58 plate. Perhaps it's been sold on?
Old 05 July 2009, 09:47 AM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

could this be the one they put round the top gear track with the dent in the sill
Old 05 July 2009, 04:21 PM
spufus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti

Banny
Agreed Banny. I bought some alloys for my Cavalier from him when he had the small shop on Thornton Road - a very decent chap & helpful. Good luck to him!

Quick Reply: White Bugatti Veyron, registration plate 'F1'