Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

LE MANS 2008 HOUX CAMP SITE

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2008, 08:52 PM
stiggy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post LE MANS 2008 HOUX CAMP SITE

Nice see you all there can't remember them all,the ones i seen in houx,mica blue classic half way along the cart track near the fellow with the gulf racing truck and porche then there was mr simson a bit further round then also a newage closer to the entrance on the right hand side lovely set of oz wheels mate.

STIGGY
Old 16 June 2008, 09:31 PM
MRSIMPSON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi mate, which were you in? How was your weekend?

I saw those OZ wheels too, looked awesome anyone from here?
Old 16 June 2008, 09:49 PM
stiggy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MRSIMPSON
Hi mate, which were you in? How was your weekend?

I saw those OZ wheels too, looked awesome anyone from here?
we were in a camper this year,but will be taking the cars again next year as camper van was a pain in the ***. we had a fantastic time as always.if you went down le mans town friday night we were the cow boys on horse back. sorry about spelling your name wonge as english was not my best.have allready booked for next year.how did you get on ?
Old 16 June 2008, 10:08 PM
MRSIMPSON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a great time generally (BBQ breakfasts everyday)but there were a few things that spoiled it this year so I don't think I'll be going back, too many ******* wanting to pour beer over the car...Don't get it?

I'm going to give the 24hr Nurburgring a try next time I've heard that it's more friendly.

Saw some serious cars down there though, can't beat that drive down
Old 17 June 2008, 06:51 PM
Steve Gibbins
Scooby Regular

Houx campsite, black newage STI with grey O.Z. Ultraleggeras - that'll be me then! Was there with a blue TVR and a silver Evo VII, great time had by all, nine times on the bounce now, much better than last years mudbath.

Steve Gibbins
Old 17 June 2008, 07:44 PM
stiggy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Gibbins
Houx campsite, black newage STI with grey O.Z. Ultraleggeras - that'll be me then! Was there with a blue TVR and a silver Evo VII, great time had by all, nine times on the bounce now, much better than last years mudbath.

Steve Gibbins
yes mate thats the one, very nice set of wheels mate.that was my sixth time.
Old 17 June 2008, 08:05 PM
stiggy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MRSIMPSON
Had a great time generally (BBQ breakfasts everyday)but there were a few things that spoiled it this year so I don't think I'll be going back, too many ******* wanting to pour beer over the car...Don't get it?

I'm going to give the 24hr Nurburgring a try next time I've heard that it's more friendly.

Saw some serious cars down there though, can't beat that drive down
i know what you mean but yu always get w**kers everywhere you go,2yrs ago when we were camped in chappel camp site some t*wt put a ice cream on the roof of my classic, then i guess a f***ing adog or somethink came along and used the roof as its dinner plate with very sharpe claws, nice looked like it had been ice-skateing.but hey s**t happens it still pisses me off now.but shall take the car next year,wouldn't miss it for the world.

stiggy
Old 20 June 2008, 08:53 AM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

I was in Houx Annexe, and we had 5 cars keyed by some ****, including an 08 Merc CLS, Porker 911, and a M3
Old 20 June 2008, 06:59 PM
stiggy
Scooby Regular

the mind is working overtime on what we would of done if we catch somebody doing anythink to the cars,why o why do they ave to do it.no respect man.my blood is starting to boil just thinkin about it.Will they polish out or is it a paint job.
stiggy
Old 22 June 2008, 11:08 PM
Woosh!
Scooby Regular

Location: Never out of the sh*t, it's only the depth that varies

Interested in these comments as returned to le-Mans after a 3 year break and had attended each year since 1990 and noticed how agressive the crowds have become.
Me (GB270) and my mate (Ferrari 360) returning to Blue North on the Friday night got our cars greeted with beer, orange juice, thrown objects, panels kicked and punched for not doing burn outs!
An event for petrol heads I once thought.
Might go back again but in my van!
Old 22 June 2008, 11:22 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

think i took a photo of your car woosh GB270 must be rare.... didnt have any issue but its sad to read that
Old 24 June 2008, 10:11 PM
Woosh!
Scooby Regular

Glad you had no problems F1 CJE UK. Think it was just a case of Friday 13th and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. No damage done thankfully and we were in no mood for burn outs having been pulled for speeding an hour earlier with my mate being 750 euros lighter for the offence, licence taken and the car nearly confiscated but thats another story
Took a peek at your gallery and thats a very nice motor you have there.
Noticed you have the same rear wing as mine. This is my first Subaru and I'm very pleased with her apart from getting a hum come resonance howel noise over a ton. Was told this is the rear wing creating a vortex but if I crack open any of the windows this noise stops. Do you have this problem?
As a newbie to this car and site appoligies for asking
Old 27 June 2008, 10:32 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Woosh!
Glad you had no problems F1 CJE UK. Think it was just a case of Friday 13th and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. No damage done thankfully and we were in no mood for burn outs having been pulled for speeding an hour earlier with my mate being 750 euros lighter for the offence, licence taken and the car nearly confiscated but thats another story
Took a peek at your gallery and thats a very nice motor you have there.
Noticed you have the same rear wing as mine. This is my first Subaru and I'm very pleased with her apart from getting a hum come resonance howel noise over a ton. Was told this is the rear wing creating a vortex but if I crack open any of the windows this noise stops. Do you have this problem?
As a newbie to this car and site appoligies for asking
The "hum" is the standard window rubber issue mate...

some do it at 100, some a 70 some at 140! mine (on my old 2003STI) dissapeared with age (about a year)
Old 29 June 2008, 02:38 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Is that yours Woosh! Had some kind of private plate on it blanked it out as I no some people hate it being posted up.

Me and my mates didn’t really see much of the police even tho we made some crazy speed at times. I ended up launching off in front of the crowd. My clutch didn’t thank for it tho.

Thanks for the nice comments mate seem to have spent a small fortune on it put really love how she drives now. Looking for a new turbo and 350 + as the next step-up . No issue with that noise so don’t think it’s the wing must be the window rubber issue.

Out side our campsite how posh
Old 29 June 2008, 10:08 PM
Woosh!
Scooby Regular

Thought this car was mine at first as it also has a private plate but on closer examination this one is wearing mudflaps (a mod I'm keen on adding) so there was another GB270 at Le-Mans....whos I wonder and a visitor of this site maybe?
Many thanks about the info on this 'hum'. Window seals, I wouldn't have guested it.
Nice shots of your motor on tour and the camp site looks a cut above the rest, both look ace!