Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

996 911 Turbo S - A38 today... Awesome run mate!!

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2007, 08:21 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 911 Turbo S - A38 today... Awesome run mate!!

Not much chance of you reading this.. but if you do.

That was the best head to head run... ever....

Coming out of Birmingham and loaded up with my daughter & her stuff coming home....

Black Turbo S cruises past loaded up with girlfriend... so I decide to tag along...

Few miles later out of town and on to the A38 proper.. you take off........ Now... I still decide to tag along fully expecting to get my **** kicked big time.. But..

You did pull away.. but not as quick as I'd have thought..for the extra 130 horses & Torque.

Obviously we never went over 75.. but.. if we had have done.. I don't think there would have been much in it up to.. Oooh.. say.. 155+.. Your 191 top speed would have seen you pull away in to the distance and most likely pull a decent gap.... Thanks to the traffic, I could quite see myself catching you up... But I would have been very happy up to this Terminal velocity..

I'd have thought the various roundabouts and twisties would have seen you vanish.. but up to the 75 MPH top speed.. it wasn't that different...

15+ miles we played? I've never driven so quick and hard before staying with you.. it's a real shame I didn't get chance to flash as you pulled off..

That mate was an awesome drive.. thanks for the privilege of staying in your rear view mirror..big in some places.. smaller in others..

Top stuff and one that I won't forget..