Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Purple R33 GTR a322 2.00pm

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2004, 05:35 PM
Richardw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purple R33 GTR a322 2.00pm

Cracking looking/sounding car...and nice to see one driven properly . I was in the blue turbo attempting half heartedly to keep up .

Now, where to buy a Downpipe, TEK3, FMIC, P1 suspension.?

Last edited by Richardw; 23 September 2004 at 05:38 PM.
Old 26 September 2004, 10:23 AM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Wink

Would this be ScoobyJawa by any chance?

Last edited by Scott W; 26 September 2004 at 10:26 AM.
Old 27 September 2004, 10:41 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Pretty sure that was me!!!! (R33 GTR with R34 GTR Alloys?) If so ta for the comments

Hi Richard - Couldn't resist when I saw you there (i was only going to sainsburys originally!! LOL!), and with a meaty looking exhaust too, so thought I'd have a bash! Saw you wave - I did wave back but dunno if you saw me?!!?

Don't feel too bad, I'm running around 400bhp at the moment.......
Old 27 September 2004, 11:02 AM
Richardw
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyJawa
Pretty sure that was me!!!! (R33 GTR with R34 GTR Alloys?) If so ta for the comments

Hi Richard - Couldn't resist when I saw you there (i was only going to sainsburys originally!! LOL!), and with a meaty looking exhaust too, so thought I'd have a bash! Saw you wave - I did wave back but dunno if you saw me?!!?

Don't feel too bad, I'm running around 400bhp at the moment.......
That makes me feel a bit more adequate , I heard you pull up next to me at sainsburys initially and knew i had no chance anyway ( standard uk apart from exhaust mid/rear so well down on R33 stnd power anyway) so didnt really try and keep up. When we got to ascot roundabout I just thought I'd see if you would bite thanks for obliging! Just to add insult to injury my suspensions a bit iffey at the mo and also needs an alignment desperately ( bad workman always blames his tools ) so I didnt feel confident in that corner ( which was possibly my only vague hope of keeping up )

Just as well you didnt go to sainsburys first as you would have a rather large omelette in your boot . Did you see you wave, cheers..nice to see someone friendly out their for change who's not got a massive ego with their head up their **** ( most M3 drivers take note )

Last edited by Richardw; 27 September 2004 at 11:06 AM.
Old 27 September 2004, 12:34 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Richardw
That makes me feel a bit more adequate , I heard you pull up next to me at sainsburys initially and knew i had no chance anyway ( standard uk apart from exhaust mid/rear so well down on R33 stnd power anyway) so didnt really try and keep up. When we got to ascot roundabout I just thought I'd see if you would bite thanks for obliging! Just to add insult to injury my suspensions a bit iffey at the mo and also needs an alignment desperately ( bad workman always blames his tools ) so I didnt feel confident in that corner ( which was possibly my only vague hope of keeping up )

Just as well you didnt go to sainsburys first as you would have a rather large omelette in your boot . Did you see you wave, cheers..nice to see someone friendly out their for change who's not got a massive ego with their head up their **** ( most M3 drivers take note )
I bloody hate that ascot roundabout corner, my car is running super hard drift spec suspension and its very skittish, bouncy so doesn't take much to have the rear end out so I took it a bit easy round there (being 2pm in the arvo and all!) until straightened up and booted it up to the 50 limit

Next job is to replace the sus - gotta be sooooo careful it gets on my nerves!

FWIW my old Scoob was a uk running P1 type power, eibachs and solid droplinks with the bumpsteer mod and it is still the ultimate hoon car I've owned

Was good to see a scoob driver having a play - glad you liked the show, cars there to be used and all, and most of us on the jap scene are all like minded petrol heads with respect for other cars so jobs a good un

LMFAO @ omelette!
Old 27 September 2004, 12:43 PM
Richardw
Scooby Regular

I did notice your bouncing round the corner quite a bit - i presumed it was the TC doing it. I love that corner normally but not the next one ( coming from M3 under A30 ) as I spun my FTO 360 degrees into the other lane once in rush hour ( and got away very very lightly ) ..hence i own a scoob now . Hopefully see you around again , Cheers , Rich