Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

A34 Newcastle Under Lyme

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2004, 11:40 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink A34 Newcastle Under Lyme

Blue STi on the A34 near the motorbike warehouse Newcastle Under Lyme, nice car mate....

Yellow Evo 8 with really tacky 2 Fast and Furious graphic down the side sorry looked well pants

Been working around the area for past 2 weeks, and am driving RB5 WR with 18 " wheels and tints on a V reg

If you see me around WAVE

Phill
Old 12 September 2004, 02:44 PM
skoosh
Scooby Regular

Babber, will keep a lookout for ya mate !

Plenty of scoobs around these parts of Staffs.

Look out for me , I'm always "pottering" around especially on weekends !

Evo is owned by the chap who owns Castle performance I think, he's changed from a cossie farely recently too.

Skoosh - white classic wagon, gun-metal 17" TSW reflex and fairly loud too.

p.s: Don't expect too many waves around here though - sadly.
Old 13 September 2004, 11:16 AM
Mosquito
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by babber
Blue STi on the A34 near the motorbike warehouse Newcastle Under Lyme, nice car mate....

Yellow Evo 8 with really tacky 2 Fast and Furious graphic down the side sorry looked well pants

Been working around the area for past 2 weeks, and am driving RB5 WR with 18 " wheels and tints on a V reg

If you see me around WAVE

Phill
Phill, i don't suppose you've been visiting a certain building around the Brymbo road area have you fella?

If you have i'm sure you know the one i'n talking about!!

I was admiring your motor last week in the car park!!

I think it's my blue Sti that you saw!
Old 13 September 2004, 11:27 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mosquito
Phill, i don't suppose you've been visiting a certain building around the Brymbo road area have you fella?

If you have i'm sure you know the one i'n talking about!!

I was admiring your motor last week in the car park!!

I think it's my blue Sti that you saw!
Mosquito,

Yes I was visiting a certain building around the Brymbo area, and am currently based in the Swift house building Do U work for the same company? Lol, admiring my dirty and fly collection no doubt Needs a bloody good clean!!

Well it's great to hear from you local Newcastle guys

What's the local dealer like around here? I need to get a new MAF at some point..... Car has been far to good on petrol lately..... Almost 33 MPG and I'm a little concerned.

Anyway thanks for the reply and possibly speak to you soon.
Old 13 September 2004, 11:49 AM
Mosquito
Scooby Regular

Mosquito,

Yes I was visiting a certain building around the Brymbo area, and am currently based in the Swift house building Do U work for the same company? Lol, admiring my dirty and fly collection no doubt Needs a bloody good clean!!

What's the local dealer like around here? I need to get a new MAF at some point..... Car has been far to good on petrol lately..... Almost 33 MPG and I'm a little concerned.

Yes mate, i work for them!! (Well i turn up between 8.30 and 6ish!!)

The local dealer's been pretty good as from everything i've asked for hime to do, and it's only down the road!!

Swift is a fantastic working environment isn't it!!! - We moved out of there about 3 weeks ago!! - Missing the van though, deep fried salad used to be fantastic!!

I've only had the motor about 4 weeks and this is the first spot that's been made!! WoooHoooo!!
Old 13 September 2004, 01:31 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Mosquito
Yes mate, i work for them!! (Well i turn up between 8.30 and 6ish!!)

The local dealer's been pretty good as from everything i've asked for hime to do, and it's only down the road!!

Swift is a fantastic working environment isn't it!!! - We moved out of there about 3 weeks ago!! - Missing the van though, deep fried salad used to be fantastic!!

I've only had the motor about 4 weeks and this is the first spot that's been made!! WoooHoooo!!
Lol, well I'm amazed to be honest. Just goes to show it's a small world isn't it Oh and BTW, I don't spend all day looking at Scoobynet mate...... Honest

I've had a scooby for 4 years now and only been spotted twice..... Sure that's only because it's an RB5 WR (which I've owned for 2 1/2 years) My last car (company MY00) I never got spotted in

The working enviroment in swift is absolutely stunning and I'm well pleased with the views

Phill
Old 13 September 2004, 05:51 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mosquito,

I take it you are talking about the Big 'C' company? If so I work for another big 'C' company on High Carr. Currently have a Black 03 STi after swapping in my MY00 DBM Turbo, that had leather, eleccy sunroof and A/C. And yes the local dealer is very good. Know both Mike and Mark @ Holdcrofts, especially when I had to have a 6 months service done with the Classic. Ajnd also had to the Maff replaced due to some dodgy after market filter.

Trending Topics

Old 14 September 2004, 09:12 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jpor
I take it you are talking about the Big 'C' company? If so I work for another big 'C' company on High Carr. Currently have a Black 03 STi after swapping in my MY00 DBM Turbo, that had leather, eleccy sunroof and A/C. And yes the local dealer is very good. Know both Mike and Mark @ Holdcrofts, especially when I had to have a 6 months service done with the Classic. Ajnd also had to the Maff replaced due to some dodgy after market filter.
I think we are talking about the same group of sucessful "Big C" companies..... Small world isn't it really with all you scooby drivers working for the same company and using scoobynet.....

I'll pop down the delaers later then to enquire about the MAF sensor..... Any idea what they charged you for yours mate?

Thanks Phill
Old 14 September 2004, 02:12 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I think we are talking about the same group of sucessful "Big C" companies..... Small world isn't it really with all you scooby drivers working for the same company and using scoobynet.....

I'll pop down the delaers later then to enquire about the MAF sensor..... Any idea what they charged you for yours mate?

Thanks Phill
Phil. Luckily I only had to pay £65 for the sensor and not the whole MAFF unit. Which would have been £120. That's because it was a MY00 model. Speak to Mike Lease @ Holdcrofts on 617321. Very knowledgeable and helpful bloke. Just sent you a PM with more info.

Last edited by jpor; 14 September 2004 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Added PM