Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

No one ever waves

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2004, 11:34 PM
computerangel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down No one ever waves

Have had my WR1 for a couple of months now, been around Newbury and Basingstoke a few times, seen a few Scoobs, no one waves, however someone in a really nice EVO 6 waved tonight, comes to something when one of the darkside wave.
Old 29 July 2004, 12:40 AM
lilywhite07
Scooby Newbie

Smile

I would wave if I saw you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29 July 2004, 10:04 PM
andydavies
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by computerangel
Have had my WR1 for a couple of months now, been around Newbury and Basingstoke a few times, seen a few Scoobs, no one waves, however someone in a really nice EVO 6 waved tonight, comes to something when one of the darkside wave.
I drive a classic shape and always wave to other classics, but to be honest the majority (but not all) new age shaped vehicles I have waved to I have been ignored by. So I dont allways bother anymore. Same thing happened on the way home from work today. New age going the other way I raised a hand but no response from the car.
Old 29 July 2004, 10:12 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

I agree, no one ever seems to wave back, they just look at me like i'm a total loony!
Old 29 July 2004, 11:00 PM
Lancaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andydavies
I drive a classic shape and always wave to other classics, but to be honest the majority (but not all) new age shaped vehicles I have waved to I have been ignored by. So I dont allways bother anymore. Same thing happened on the way home from work today. New age going the other way I raised a hand but no response from the car.
Andy,
When I drove a classic, I noticed that the new age drivers seemed not to wave. I thought that it was a "scooby class thing".

I then bought an STi8 and the same miserable buggers still blanked me!!! Some people just don't get it mate. I get more waves from the dark side (Evo's) than new age scoobs.
Old 29 July 2004, 11:09 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Lancaster
Andy,
When I drove a classic, I noticed that the new age drivers seemed not to wave. I thought that it was a "scooby class thing".

I then bought an STi8 and the same miserable buggers still blanked me!!! Some people just don't get it mate. I get more waves from the dark side (Evo's) than new age scoobs.
I get a bit of both
Classic and STi owners not waving (probably because my STi looks like a WRX )
I still give them the option as i wave to them

Tony
Old 29 July 2004, 11:28 PM
Lancaster
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
I get a bit of both
Classic and STi owners not waving (probably because my STi looks like a WRX )
I still give them the option as i wave to them

Tony
I'm the same, I wave at everyone . Then have a little curse to myself when they "obviously" blank me .

They must think it a bit strange seeing a load of scooby drivers waving at them, even stranger that they can't work out why ?

Oh well .
Old 30 July 2004, 12:13 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Hello PCAngel, I hardly get any waves m8.And yes, I get more waves from Evos then I get from scoobs.I thought because mine is only a Turbo scoob, not 22B,P1 or WR.But if its happening to kou too even when you have a WR,I suggest you dont wanna take notice m8.Do carry on waving tho.Dont give a f@ck to the un-waving t@ssers !
Old 30 July 2004, 01:46 AM
Danbo
Scooby Regular

I still get a better than 50% wave back......

Im in a lowly classic turbo.

Maybe its cos Im better looking than the rest of you or something???
Old 30 July 2004, 10:18 AM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

I always give it a wave, unless i'm in my own little world(happening a lot recently)....i think there's still a few company car types out there who just don't get it....hardly anyone i ever stick on Was it You actually replies....the poor buggers just don't know about SN!!! And have no manners either
Old 30 July 2004, 11:08 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

I also find that the new shapes dont wave back whereas most of the classics do wave. I also find that women dont wave as much as men, at least IMHO. I dont see why people dont because at the end of the day, its just a little harmless fun that the chavs in Mondeos cant do because there is too many of them, mondeos that is

I occasionally get paranoid passing a scooby in the opposite direction because sometimes I notice em too late and I will seem like a non waver : (
Old 30 July 2004, 11:07 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Been ignored by everyone except a very nice young lady in a new STi who gave a vigorous wave back. I like to think she didn't notice the car but was just waving at me

The missus has a Beetle and it seems like 99% of them wave, but then again probably 90% of them are owned by women. She gets annoyed when I drive it and don't wave, so she does from the passenger seat lol