Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Toonman Defeated Tonight A174 Parkway

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2004, 07:34 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toonman Defeated Tonight A174 Parkway

LOL MIke, i let you have the jump/lead. I even held back a little and i still screamed past in 3rd, went to 4th and the gap got bigger, went to 5th and same again. So from being behind u i end up a fair distance infront. This was on stock intercooler running low boost 18psi, not the full 22.75psi. I even hit limp mode at 150mph (due to heat on stock I/C) and u were done over with ease. Revenge is sweeeeeeeeeeeettttttt. 10-11 months of waiting. Hope all is well, and your well by the way Mike. Bye Bye.
Old 26 May 2004, 09:28 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Calling very Slow Impreza, LOL
Old 26 May 2004, 09:43 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Mike does not frequent the pages of S/N anymore
Old 26 May 2004, 09:55 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

So i have just read, but he will be expecting it. He knows it will have been posted. No reply, but he has/will read it of this i am sure. Getting beat by a Seat Ibiza...Ohhhhh the embarresment. Come on Mike, he may hold his hands up who knows.
Old 26 May 2004, 09:58 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Just to make sure he see's it http://www.thefinalwhistle.com/viewtopic.php?t=880
Old 26 May 2004, 10:07 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Dont wanna invade his fottie site, i must leave somthing sacred. I have just left his beloved wrx with ppp for dead. Dont wanna cause more suffering than is req. Or there again ....................... LOL on joking. He knows where to look.
Old 27 May 2004, 07:52 AM
RR
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 28 May 2004, 04:38 PM
Wild Mark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RR
Dont wanna invade his fottie site, i must leave somthing sacred. I have just left his beloved wrx with ppp for dead. Dont wanna cause more suffering than is req. Or there again ....................... LOL on joking. He knows where to look.

What do you drive then?
Old 28 May 2004, 05:25 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Seat Ibiza 1.8turbo 20valve.
Old 28 May 2004, 06:39 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

RR,

You or your mates coming down to Elvington on Monday to show us Scooby owners what we are missing?

Martin
Old 28 May 2004, 08:09 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Me and the boys will be making a trip to Elvington but not until the summer holidays are over with. I am having a chargecooler fitted next week, and my map finishing off (rev limiter raised from 6850rpm to 7200rpm and 22.75psi instead of my current 18psi). And a new clutch fitted a week on Tuesday so i am a little to busy at the moment. I am hoping for a trip to Elvington as soon as i can. I am also hoping i will be running a 50bhp shot of nos on a progressive controller. Making in total a nice 300bhp 310lbs ft in a 1119kg car. Should be fun, i hope.
Old 28 May 2004, 08:13 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

I will make sure your there when i go Ninnybobs, as your the final piece in the puzzle mate.
Old 28 May 2004, 10:06 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

I am very curious to see what a 350bhp scoob goes like.
Old 28 May 2004, 11:08 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Toonman
Toonmeister

Posted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:18 pm
Quote:
I will be upgrading to a manky old diesel estate or 4x4.

Don't do it Dave! This is (sort of) where we came in. I downgraded to a Seat Leon Cupra after I got divorced. Bloody awful car - crap handling and a complete heap of junk in terms of reliability.

Bought it new, sold it 9 months later. Helen and I both hated it. Never again, no matter how many times Gary goes ever so slightly faster than me in his much modified Ibiza. He can do it every day for all I care. Wild horses etc etc.

You'll miss your Scoob soooooooooooooo much!

Cheers

NUFC = 4 League Championships, 6 FA Cups, 1 UEFA/Fairs Cup

Smogs = 1 Bankruptcy and 1 Worthless Cup in 128 years...

"Never again, no matter how many times Gary goes ever so slightly faster than me in his much modified Ibiza. He can do it every day for all I care."

And i will, each time i see it/him. Only next time i will make sure i have the digi vid camera rolling. And i will show u what he means by slightly faster. How much bhp/ton advantage does it take to come from behind a PPP'wrx after letting it have the jump on you to a car ahead in 3rd gear alone (only raced from 3rd gear onwards 4000rpm+) and to go ahead by 5-6 cars ahead by 150mph in 5th. So from being behind to gain/pass/ and pull away. Taking into account i was behind it would mean over the distance covered i was 7-10 cars quicker. And god knows how much faster my in gear times were. Slighly faster means racing from 30-150mph and one car eeks away by a car or two from a level start near max speed. When i raced him last year from 2nd gear upto 145mph he made no ground until 140mph thats slightly, being overtaken in the 1st gear u race in is classed as a good spanking in my book.
Old 29 May 2004, 11:06 PM
Wild Mark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RR
Toonman
Toonmeister

Posted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:18 pm
Quote:
I will be upgrading to a manky old diesel estate or 4x4.

Don't do it Dave! This is (sort of) where we came in. I downgraded to a Seat Leon Cupra after I got divorced. Bloody awful car - crap handling and a complete heap of junk in terms of reliability.

Bought it new, sold it 9 months later. Helen and I both hated it. Never again, no matter how many times Gary goes ever so slightly faster than me in his much modified Ibiza. He can do it every day for all I care. Wild horses etc etc.

You'll miss your Scoob soooooooooooooo much!

Cheers

NUFC = 4 League Championships, 6 FA Cups, 1 UEFA/Fairs Cup

Smogs = 1 Bankruptcy and 1 Worthless Cup in 128 years...

"Never again, no matter how many times Gary goes ever so slightly faster than me in his much modified Ibiza. He can do it every day for all I care."

And i will, each time i see it/him. Only next time i will make sure i have the digi vid camera rolling. And i will show u what he means by slightly faster. How much bhp/ton advantage does it take to come from behind a PPP'wrx after letting it have the jump on you to a car ahead in 3rd gear alone (only raced from 3rd gear onwards 4000rpm+) and to go ahead by 5-6 cars ahead by 150mph in 5th. So from being behind to gain/pass/ and pull away. Taking into account i was behind it would mean over the distance covered i was 7-10 cars quicker. And god knows how much faster my in gear times were. Slighly faster means racing from 30-150mph and one car eeks away by a car or two from a level start near max speed. When i raced him last year from 2nd gear upto 145mph he made no ground until 140mph thats slightly, being overtaken in the 1st gear u race in is classed as a good spanking in my book.

Sorry RR but you should listen to yourself....get a fu*king life man, in the grand scheme of things who gives a sh*t how fast you were.......

Mark
Old 29 May 2004, 11:38 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

I care about as much as you care, you seem to do one thing and preach to me another (links Below). Your entitled to your opinion as i am, and if you dont like it dont bother reading the thread. Also its no secret i was considering a scoob, but was worried about reliability and tuning potential. Thats the reason i wanted to see Martin's car in action, i would give me some idea of whats required etc to get a very fast scoob. Which a PPP'd wrx is very far from. All the best, and i will do my best not to post somthing that will make you feel the urge to tell me "to get a life". If you knew the history behind (the post) it you would realise why i am milking it to the full..Cheers.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=249065

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=249059

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=266182

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=244248

Last edited by RR; 30 May 2004 at 08:41 AM.
Old 30 May 2004, 08:29 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

RR,

You are more than welcome to take a spin in my car at any time. Would love to tempt you to go for a scoob. Running a little over 350bhp at present but will struggle a bit at Elvington due to the clutch being on its 'last legs'.

Hope to get into the 12's tomorrow.

Seeya

Martin
Old 30 May 2004, 10:06 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Nice one Martin, i am also in for a new clutch in a weeks time at Jennings (its on its ****). Also at Pace and Jabbasport this week. I will be adding nos and keeping the Ibiza. But the Mrs has also given me the Green light on a type 25 if i want one. But i am in no rush and am trying to get it right first time, as a wrong choice could be costly. I am reading as much info from all over the net to try and come to the best possible car for myself.

Cars considered P1 but keep hearing of engine failures.
T25 Nice, but costly
Uk sti Rawsy's car was very good, puts it high on the list.
uk wrx, prob top on list cheap, so leaves lots of £'s to mod
Think i will leave imports alone.

What are Uk wrx brakes like are they good enough for 350-400bhp. Is 350bhp max on stock internals. Basically can the uk wrx do the Job with everything stock apart from Power mods. Its a tough decission, so gonna take plenty of time over it. I think me and the Seat boys are going to go to Elvington (next one after 4th of July). So i should have chance to see lots of fast cars. Were gonna do the 1/4 mile and v/max runs. If i have nos on by then i wanna try for a v-max of 150mph+. If nos aint on 140mph+. I know my clutch would go bang at the moment for sure. Well back to looking around for info, thanks for the help Martin.
Old 30 May 2004, 10:30 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RR
I will make sure your there when i go Ninnybobs, as your the final piece in the puzzle mate.

martin his nos is bound to find a flaw in the engine , mine isnt as powerfull as a martins but a seat ibiza 2 wheel drive , had 2 wheel drive turbo cars before and they are dangerous in front wheel drive with too much power
Old 31 May 2004, 09:20 AM
RR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
martin his nos is bound to find a flaw in the engine , mine isnt as powerfull as a martins but a seat ibiza 2 wheel drive , had 2 wheel drive turbo cars before and they are dangerous in front wheel drive with too much power
It may, i will just get a low compression re-build and a IHI turbo slapped on. At watch the 0-100mph times of 10-11secs come rolling in. Cars aren't dangerous people are.

Gone are the days of nos being introduced as soon as your foot hits full throttle. Progressive controllers introduce it safely and slowly via time and percentage.

But like us all, your entitled to your opinion, and it helps me look at the situtation from more than one angle. I am glad you look down at Seat Ibiza's it makes my day when a scooby owners thinks hes got a uk wrx which he thinks makes him unbeatable. You should see the look on 300bhp scoob owners faces and typre Ra owners running 5th Injectors when your stuck to there bumper its a picture. My favorite one is the New shape M3 owner who booked his new car back in with Bmw when i was stuck to his **** from 30mph to 140mph i told him mine was standard. I wonder what Bmw told him?.
Old 31 May 2004, 11:07 AM
RR
Scooby Regular

I think its time this thread died a death now. As its not really a productive read. And we can disagree till the cows come home. Bottom line is Mike (toonman) was done fair and square, and i have had my pay back from last year. My mods have worked which is good news. I look forward to Elvington for some informative chat, friendly competition, and a good day in general. At the end of the day the over riding fact is that i am a car enthusiast regardless of what i drive. I will let you know Martin on dates for Elvington. Not because i think i am quicker than 90% of scoobs, but because i want to see some nice motors.

P.S Thanks for everyone's input good/bad, both sides of the coin and all that.
Old 31 May 2004, 03:09 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I am glad you look down at Seat Ibiza's it makes my day when a scooby owners thinks hes got a uk wrx which he thinks makes him unbeatable
nope dont look down at them just having a little go at fishing on the net and i think i had a litlle bite
Old 31 May 2004, 03:37 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Bye BYe all.

Last edited by RR; 31 May 2004 at 03:49 PM.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:45 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

Sorry to re-open this thread after it has been 'put to bed' but thought I would let you know how the WRX got on at Elvington today.

Managed 12.85 secs for the 1/4 mile. Not bad with such high temps.

Still running with standard clutch, gearbox and Internals.

Seeya

Martin
Old 01 June 2004, 08:36 AM
RR
Scooby Regular

Sub 13secs is very good any v-max terminal speeds done. Clutch held out then.
Old 01 June 2004, 05:49 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default seat

Yeah but at the end of the day rr , its a seat and not a 4 wheel drive wrx which sticks to the roads like glue and has a boxer engine and sounds very very very nice, get on them backroads and well see whos car is fast , your one of them clevland centre boy racers arnt you with all the stickers on yer car with your flouro lights underneath you , and the reasoin u didnt race hard in 1st and 2nd gear is probably because your car is only 2 wheel drive and if youve got the amount of power you say you have ,your wheels will just spin away unlike our 4 bees , seat ibiza ha haha ha ah , personally i think the wrx comes in to its own on windy fast back roads , all i can say is keep at it fast and the furious
Old 01 June 2004, 05:53 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default ibiza

abit of advice if you want a cheap fast car to win quarter mile drag races then go for a mg maestro turbo , now they are quick , i use to have a mg maestro 2.0 injection and fitted an maestro turbo engine into it and i teel yer wat , it was very quick but i cant even compare it with the handling and drivability of the imprezza
Old 03 June 2004, 11:39 PM
RR
Scooby Regular