Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

A414 Hertford way-Silver Classic nearly killing myself-Blue MY03-Thursday evening

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2004, 06:26 PM
UHF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A414 Hertford way-Silver Classic nearly killing myself-Blue MY03-Thursday evening

ok ok, was me, i'm stupid, nobody else drives at silly speeds do they, wont do it again, learnt my lesson etc etc.

Anyway, spotted a nice MY03 blue impreza in Hatfield and after numerous attempts to wave/get soem kind of feedback I gave up as I was probably looking silly! (reg was personalised and had the word CAT in it with 3 numbers in front, had wrc flaps but otherwise looked and sounded standard, possibly an sti, was dark (which makes the whole thing sound even more ridiculous)

We both joined A414 and booted it as you do and i was pulling away a little to my surprise but reaching silly speeds (i was being a muppet ok). And was perhaps not keeping as good an eye on the road in front as I should have been.

Anyway, caught a glace of something moving on left side of road in a run off area and it started coming at RIGHT ANGLES from the left to right of me across 2 carriage ways obviously using the gap between the carriages to turn right (was a silver saxo), possibly after making a mistake, anyway as I approached it was right in my path, had no choice but to switch to the left lane at the last minute (deliberately didnt brake as i wouldnt have steered at all), and then controlled the tail which seemed to carry on going left.

Anyway, I hate myself for not reading the road better, and hate myself for being as "comptetive" in the first place but the car once again saved atleast 2 lives which I endangered by driving like a muppet, I was amazed at how well it responded at speed.

Stay safe, and i'm a muppet, i'm going to mail this to my friends so perhaps they tell me more often to take it easy, these cars are frigtheningly quick but you can soon feel like a god and start driving outside of your skill! Luckily I'm here for another day and lesson learnt.

That said, but because up until that point I was pulling away from the MY03 i'd quite like to know what he had under the bonnet.

Last edited by UHF; 19 February 2004 at 06:30 PM.
Old 19 February 2004, 09:33 PM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

i always miss all the fun! i'm around that area all the time and i'm sure iv'e seen that car before!!!!!
Old 19 February 2004, 09:40 PM
UHF
Scooby Regular

which one? my silver classic (recognisable with firestorm), MY03 (recognisable by being blue and mud flaps) or perhaps the saxo (recognisable by going ACROSS carriageways when people are approaching at warp 12.
Old 19 February 2004, 09:46 PM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

i'm sure iv'e seen the dark blue one in the welwyn area and iv'e seen a few silver classics but there always going the other way!!!!