Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Madmile Wrx Cleveland

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2004, 05:15 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Madmile Wrx Cleveland

Had a nice play with a Silver jap import Wrx, 4" exhaust by the looks of it. Thurs night, seeing lots of Scoobs recently around Redcar. Also spotted a blue bug eye unsure of model on the A174 going past IcI offices towards Redcar this morning (Sat) between 11am and 12. Looked like it was making good progress LOL. You know what i mean.
Old 08 February 2004, 10:14 AM
rawsy
Scooby Regular

Smile

Go that route every morning (blue Sti7 prodrive), and usually make 'good progress' on that section of A174 !!!! Wasn't me on saturday though.

Have seen a few scoobs on my way to work in that area recently - what u driving ???

G
Old 08 February 2004, 10:38 AM
RR
Scooby Regular

Blue Ibiza 20v Turbo, Hybrid Turbo, Jabba Remap, Milltek sports cat and Downpipe, jetex ss cat back exhaust, brembo 4 pots, suspension kit. Runnuing low boost at the moment 245bhp/265lbs ft. Just need a new Fmic to turn the boost up from 18psi to 23-24psi and the real fun can begin. Not sure what bhp will be available but prob 270bhp ish, 285-295lbs ft safely. Lots of Scoobs around lately and its always nice to spot them as they are always up for a little play.
Old 08 February 2004, 10:47 AM
RR
Scooby Regular

Also seen a blue scoob with 555 graphics in Redcar. To be honest i am contemplating an Evo6 or a Vx220 turbo, i would not mind a High powered scoob over 300bhp but i keep hearing horror stories about reliability. So just looking at all the options and doing a lot of reading up.
Old 08 February 2004, 08:19 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

All these Scoobs in Redcar should join the Tyne Tees Scoobies. At least that way they will get to know everyone in the area.

Nothing wrong with 300+ bhp scoobs - as long as the mods are done sensibly

Cheers

Martin
Old 08 February 2004, 09:11 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

The black sti is the daddy i reckon, theres lots of scoob drivers around here and the majority are keen to play which is good. Suprised more are not spotted, as they seem very popular.
Old 09 February 2004, 08:38 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

There are 85 members of the TTS so far. Not many from the Middlesbrough/Redcar area.
That is why we had or last meet at 'Triple Six' to try and drum up a little enthusiasm.
Seeya

Martin
Old 09 February 2004, 09:32 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

How did it go, get much intrest. Do u have any track days etc. Loads of scoobs owners who have a blast against my car generally pull over and have a chat, ask my cars spec and about chipping and ecu mods for there scoob, i generally tell them to look on scoobynet, for advice etc. I guess to the novice modder you buy a scoob thinking it will beat most things and that adding extras aint required. Everyone knows a little extra bhp/torque never goes a miss. cheers. Anymore i chat with i will send to the TTS section.cheers
Old 10 February 2004, 04:37 PM
Ninnybobs
Scooby Regular

RR,
We had about 20 cars at the Triple Six meet. Most of them regulars, but a couple of newbies.
Hoping to get a trackday organised when Teesside Autodrome have there new track layed.
Look forward to meeting you down the mad mile.

Martin
Old 10 February 2004, 07:10 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Oh yes please, you scoob boys are my fave to slay. What scoob and mods u running.

Last edited by RR; 10 February 2004 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10 February 2004, 11:03 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

HAHAHA you wont slay mine mate running 293bhp and 305lbft and thats just from decat and K&N Panel filter and certainly wont slay Ninnys that is rapid with capital R
Old 11 February 2004, 01:02 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

I was told the same thing from a guy who owned a black jap import wrx 340bhp he said 2 days ago in Redcar he said i would not get close. Shame he could not keep up. LOL on full boost i am able to run 350bhp and 295lbs ft, but dont as there has never been a need to, and its hard work to drive and dangerous in the wet. And the cooling is precarious at the moment waiting to upgrade it to be 100% sure of not causing any damage. I am seriously contemplating a change, a nice 4wd project is required as power is nothing without control. Just finding my feet amongst all the diff scoobs models before i purchase, type-r and ra are the 2 models i am looking at the moment. I want the lightest most powerful scoob as stnd which has a good tuning potential. Any pointers in the right direction would help model wise.

Last edited by RR; 11 February 2004 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11 February 2004, 05:28 PM
nescoob1
Scooby Regular

LOL on full boost i am able to run 350bhp and 295lbs ft -

RR thats some bhp I'll have to keep a look out for you when I'm driving around, currently having a few mods done to my car as we speak, full decat etc which should release some more power, I think you saw my car on West Dyke Road, Redcar - a black type R.

Ninnybobs - was going to go to triple six to meet you all but then the boro match got re-arranged.
Old 11 February 2004, 05:42 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Theres a very rapid Skyline (grey) 550bhp @ the wheels around in Redcar. I will be giving that a miss LOL. nescoob1 u must see all the local scoobs, seems to be enough to have a lot of intrest in a NE meet. Boost numbers a little. Almost finished with the cupra, so looking for a new motor to mod, either scoob or Evo or Vx220 turbo 20k to spend so if anyone has any good suggestions let me know.. Really fancy 4wd any of you owned an Evo and scoob and can comment on + and - of both cars?.
Old 11 February 2004, 06:43 PM
nescoob1
Scooby Regular

RR - I've seen that grey skyline and a white one around redcar and lots os scoobs, a really lowered black classic, really nice 4door white sti classic and various other classics and new age ones.

I have a v4 type r and its unbelievable, great traction, loads of power and a adjustable diff, what more do you want? If I had 20k to spend I be looking at a v5 or 6 type r and spend a bit on modifying it, then again thats a biased opinion, let us know what you get.

Simon
Old 11 February 2004, 08:02 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Whats the basic specs of the cars u have mentioned and what kind of mods at what cost could be done. cheers.
Old 12 February 2004, 03:33 AM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Hey RR.

Get yourself the V4 STI Type R or a STI Type RA. The RA is the lightest in weight as alot of the comfy stuff has been removed. I own a V4 Sti Type R and have been told that the newer cars i.e. 99 and 00 were more problematic with the engines when breathed on. The things to remember is the cost of fuel. With jap imports you cant run normal unleaded got to run Optimax as minimum and octane booster as standard. The cars respond very well to full decats and exhausts and there is lots of control and power and you can play with the tail slides as much as you want. The beauty of the Type R is that you get the center controllable Differential so you can at a turn of a thumb wheel wind the power forward or back to suit different driving conditions and you also get the Top Mount Water spray which is activated by a button on the dash.

The Type R and RA also have a close ratio Gearbox so its great for acceleration. Although it can get on your nerves a bit when on long journey`s I love mine to bits and the look of the two door makes everybody comment on what a good looking car it is.
Old 12 February 2004, 08:12 AM
RR
Scooby Regular

So a pre 99 type 4 Ra would be the lightest, and hopfully most reliable. My current car can only use optimax as that is what it has been specifically mapped for, good job theres a shell garage 5 mins away. So mods for the type 4 ra exhaust, decat, can the ecu's be remapped for easy power gains and who's the best at it. What top speed does the gearbox limit the car to.

Oh and where can this model be purchased from, importers?.

Last edited by RR; 12 February 2004 at 08:13 AM.