Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

P1 in Seal (Nr sevenoaks) - Friday 9am

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2004, 12:07 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue PI - I was 2 cars behind you - the combined rumble of both our exhausts down that narrow High Street was quite deafening! Top marks for that perfectly executed manouvre getting into that very awkwardly situated alleyway too!
Old 30 January 2004, 01:08 PM
Beancounter
Scooby Regular

Ah yes, the old left turn into the office. Almost lost the nearside many times as people believe I am turning right but indicating left!

Missed you though. What were you in?

I do the Caterham - Seal journey on Tuesday and Friday's but don't see many scoobies!

Nice to hear of a fellow A25 traveller!
Old 30 January 2004, 02:53 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Ah, so that was the elusive 'Beancounter's' car - I'd seen some of your posts on SN but hadn't actually bumped into you yet!

The missus works in Sevenoaks and I've been giving her a lift in this week whilst it's been icey - I then popped over to Maidstone from there this morning to sort out my new private plate at DVLA (I was in my black Type R) hence why I was heading through Seal.

I'm often in Caterham as my bodyshop is over there (they're doing some bits for me at the moment strangely enough...) and I'm in Oxted literally every day - I'm easy to spot - Morettes, pimp tints, gold rims and clear rears with Sti5 wing!

That's a nightmare alleyway to get into though if you've an idiot right behind you who doesn't realise you need the use of most of the road to swing in - rather you than me! Your motor sounded great though - I could even hear it over mine!
Old 30 January 2004, 03:58 PM
Beancounter
Scooby Regular

Hello there,

unfortunately I had my first complaint about the exhaust today. A chap near me works nights and has asked me not to start the car and warn it up in the morning. Fair point though!
Where is your body shop?
I am taking mine to Crawley now as Lancasters has shut.

There is another Type R in Caterham, I think it is sometines parked at the valet place on the purley way?
Old 30 January 2004, 06:16 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Ah, neighbours. Yes, I'm waiting for my first complaint too - I get the odd sarky comment in the pub from time to time...

Bodyshop is just off Croydon Road - a few of the chaps on here use it, if fact 'Jimmy Dell' very kindly put me in touch when I was desparate for a repair on mine after some accident damage.

Their number is: 01883 340048 - ask for Tim - he's a really nice and fair bloke and always has a Scoob in or booked in for some work seemingly!

I have also heard about that other 'imposter' - yet to spot him/her yet though!
Old 31 January 2004, 02:10 PM
RB5Caterham
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi RussBoy

Sorry to jump in on your post but the bodyshop subject might be of interest to me.

I live in Caterham too! I take it you recommend them? Do they do small jobs or only do big ones? (Pardon the pun!)

Cheers
Old 31 January 2004, 05:10 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

They do small stuff too - I've got them doing a rear spoiler and eyebrow trim's for my wife's modded MX-5 at the moment. They also do quite a bit for the local Merc place and there was a load of them in there this week when I popped in (always a good sign in my opinion!)

Tim who runs the place is a really nice bloke who just wants an easy life so he won't try and rip you off. He's really into his cars as well and I had no problem leaving my Scoob with him for 5 days (which was kept locked in their workshops all night!)
Old 31 January 2004, 05:16 PM
RB5Caterham
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply.

I've got a few scratches and stuff I'd like to get done so I think I'll give him a call. Its nice that there's someone thats honest and trustworthy thats also local.

I'll keep my eye out for your Type R, have seen the "other" one many a time.

Cheers.
Old 31 January 2004, 07:30 PM
Jimmy Dell
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ah, so you've finished in there now, Russ.

Better nip in quick to have my fog mounting plates put back on before RB5Caterham gets there.

Old 01 February 2004, 03:16 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Matt (Jimmy Dell) - Reckon Tim should put you on a commission given how much business you've generated!