Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Warrington Scoobs

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2001, 12:04 AM
wirerob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Due to the dismal response to my earlier posting on Birchwood Scoobs does any one living in the Warrington area come on here and if so do they own up to be any of the following,

Blue series Mcrae parked on the Blockbuster video carpark on Sunday evening.
Silver turbo wagon that seems to attend all Warrington Rugby league home games
Grey import turbo with extra high level spoiler that always seems to be parked in Fatty Arbuckles restaurant car park.
“Bxx Jim” - dark blue turbo on Winwick Road last Friday tea time.
Blue turbo on Padgate lane Thursday evening following the boy racer in the white Mk2 Astra Sri - Unfortunately I do resort to driving my old Astra when the wife doesn’t need it as I’m trying to delay the date when my Scoob will require the dreaded 90’000 mile service – only 2000 miles to go.
Old 02 September 2001, 08:39 PM
Clarey
Scooby Regular

Talking

Have seen some of them before.

What car is yours??

Did you ever see either of mine before they went???

B12 SUB - Sonic Blue STI TypeR
H15 WRX - Silver WRX

Phil

P.S Ive posted these registrations because they are mine, and no longer on the cars. Thankyou.

[This message has been edited by Clarey (edited 02 September 2001).]
Old 02 September 2001, 11:18 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Hi Guys!
I'm also from Warrington too.I know there are a couple more guys that come on here and post as well.......
I have an MY01 in WR Blue (The common colour so gimme a flash if you see me Y*** SUB)
I think we should arrange some kinda meet for the Warrington lads.Anyone interested?

Cheers,

Nick..
Old 03 September 2001, 12:55 AM
whip
Scooby Regular

I might be up for that, as long as you don't mind a bog-standard UK scoob cowering in the corner of the carpark

I don't actually live in warrington but I'm over there quite regularly, it's only 10 mins from me house.
Old 03 September 2001, 04:41 PM
wirerob
Scooby Regular

Talking

Clarey I drive a green MY96 turbo N*** UPR with 17 inch gold alloys and a MY00 high level boot spoiler. I commute to Rochdale everyday and see a fair number of Scoobs travelling into Warrington along Birchwood way between 8 and 8.30 in the morning including a Blue MY01 - is that you Nick. I’m afraid I’m not alert enough in the morning to be memorizing specific car reg’s but its nice to know that there are some fellow Warrington Scoob owners logging on here. As for meeting up I will be doing my best to attend the next Nothern Meet, though I will only be stopping to say hello due to family commitments – my 9 month old baby daughter now takes up most of my spare time.
Old 04 September 2001, 09:41 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Wirerob,
Depends on where you've seen the MY01?
If it's up at birchwood then it ain't me!!!

Nick..
Old 04 September 2001, 11:23 AM
Ken E
Scooby Regular

Nobody has spotted me in my silver WRX then by the sounds of it. It's early doors when I'm on me way to work though. Sometimes I go through Birchwood, sometimes through Woolston.

I've spotted a couple of those on the first posting, including Clarey's old car WRX, and a few others around and about.

Ken

Trending Topics

Old 06 September 2001, 01:33 PM
SteveF
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Looks like its only Nick who's spotted me then - in my white MY98 around the patch.

I seem to have gone through a phase of spotting blonde women driving Scoobs around town at the moment - one was a green with gold wheels (wirerob in a blonde wig? ), and the other an RB5

I've also spotted a couple of others - A Silver MY99 (Alan S - fellow Westie owner ) - Nick I'm supprised you haven't spotted this one, as its round your way - Sorry to hear about the F***ing Skelleys trying to nick your wife's car , and a dark blue turbo, which goes between town & Runcorn in the morning.

I'm up for a meet if anyboy's interested - I'd suggest somewhere with reasonable beer, and a good sized car park - Little Manor in Thelwall anybody?

Steve
Old 06 September 2001, 01:52 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Aren't you the lucky one Steve spotting blondes driving Scoobs?????
I don't have any such luck..........
On the subject of scoob spotting,I've seen a dark blue sport (Not a turbo though!) which I see on the way to/home from work sometimes normally around Walton drag.
I'm up for a meet and the Little Manor does sound good.Any other offers lads?
What about the pub on the A50 heading towards Knutsford (On the left a couple of miles or so past the Poplars truckstop - Gives us all a chance to give our cars a bit of a boot down that road!)

Cheers,

Nick..
Old 06 September 2001, 04:52 PM
SteveF
Scooby Regular

That sounds like the Bears Paw - Nice Pub (but Greenhalls Beer -ugh!) - just opposite one of my 'test routes': From Warrington, A50 towards M6/M56 Jct - turn right at the roundabout before the m'way towards Appleton Thorn, left at the top of the 'drag', and carry on - brings you out almost opposite the Bears Paw.

Steve
Old 07 September 2001, 11:23 AM
wirerob
Scooby Regular

Sorry to disappoint you Steve - I don’t go round wearing a blonde wig etc at weekend – (the high heals make it difficult to operate the clutch). As for a local Scoob meeting at the Little Manor sometime, I am presently in the process of moving home to within a couple of hundred yards from the place so if I’m really nice to the wife I’m sure she’ll let me out.
On the subject of dark blue Scooby Sports I seem to be see one regularly on my way home travelling from the 62 at Birchwood through padgate and on towards kingsway lights.

Rob
Old 07 September 2001, 01:08 PM
SteveF
Scooby Regular

Question

Just a thought - I nipped into Vernon Motors in Latchford yesterday, and noticed they had a red MY98 Scoob up on the ramps (It had a Bellcharm number plate on it - Bellcharm were the local Scooby dealer in Latchford). They said they had had quite a few Scoobs in lately for various bits of work from services to engine rebuilds - anybody used them? - any opinions on them?

I'm due for a 45k service - and am looking for a GOOD garage in the area - any reccomendations?

Steve
Old 07 September 2001, 01:23 PM
Nikko
Scooby Newbie

Steve F. I will soon be a warrington scoob owner as my dad Alan S fellow Westfield owner is selling me his.. 4 weeks to go and counting everyday.

Old 10 September 2001, 12:31 AM
SteveF
Scooby Regular

Cool

Nikko - Did your dad get stuck with the company Volvo - or did he find a new Scooby?

Steve
Old 10 September 2001, 01:47 PM
paulhoubart
Scooby Regular

Hi All,

I'm based in Knutsford, not far from Warrington. If any of you guys see a silver MY94 STI, give me a wave !