Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

RB5 with dodgy hooter, you know who you are?

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2001, 08:25 PM
Scooby-Duke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Bryan was that you?

Just caught a glimpse as you went past today, why have Scoobs (and come to think of it nearly all Jap cars)got @rap horn's???
I'll have to start a new trend in funky sounding hooooooters.

Makes me laugh

regards Dave
Old 23 August 2001, 09:21 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I've already got some funky horns! got a nice little toggle switch that allows me to use the standard puny horns, or at a flick of a switch use some slightly louder airhorns, loveley! though suzy reckons the standard horns sound better than the other ones. oh, and I did not fit these, the car was setup like this when I got it, only took me a year to find out what the toggle switch did I thought it was something to do with the lights!
Old 23 August 2001, 10:00 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

i had a honda civic 1.8 vti-s and the horn was worse than a mini. also the accord type-r and integra suffer from the same affliction !!
Old 23 August 2001, 10:22 AM
spider
Scooby Regular

Smile

My Dad's old Montego tow car has finally been 'forcibly retired' and is going to donate it's hi/lo horns to my Scoob - as long as I can find somewhere under the bonet to fit them!

Makes a change - Rover product being used on a Jap car instead of the other way round!
Old 23 August 2001, 05:54 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Dave,
I was there too, Scouting pubs and no we didn't stop in each one.

Made Bryan drive as I don't want to get busted again Oh, and he had the kids seat fitted for Alex already
Iain.
Old 24 August 2001, 07:45 AM
RB5108
Scooby Regular

It was I, back at work again after 4 days off. Iain and I have found a few pubs for the meets and yes they have a lovely drive to them in Matt's case BLATT got to go and do some work now back later.
Old 24 August 2001, 08:23 AM
Jerry B
Scooby Regular

I thought you were referring to Brian's massive proboscis...
Old 26 August 2001, 10:08 AM
Scooby-Duke
Scooby Regular

Ahhhhh, varied input chaps, I always liked the horns on my R5GTT's I've had over the years, factory fit but always a good sound and v/loud

Knew it was you Bryan, I also went for a reccie on Friday, will email Iain 4 reasonable possibilities

Spider, Montego horn's on a SCOOB that's sacriledge I hope you use protection, you dont know where it's been

JB nose need too be rude

Dave
Old 26 August 2001, 11:20 PM
RB5108
Scooby Regular

There's nose need to be like that Not everyone can have a button nose.

sorry couldn't resist.

Bryan
Old 27 August 2001, 11:48 AM
subster
Scooby Regular

Talking

the other day i was sat behind a car whose occupant hadn't noticed the green filter light was on. I had to make out i hadn,t noticed also as i didn't want to parp my noddy horn on MY96 Sti
Old 03 September 2001, 11:39 AM
WRXStiTypeR
Scooby Newbie

I think the Japs have some funny ideas about modding, as my Scooby came fitted with a set of Airhorns (no toggle switch, but still got through MOT ;-)) These sounded really pathetic, so I went out and bought a new set, with two horns, and a sexy stainless compressor. The original compressor was fixed to the top of the battery strap to the front of the car, and the horns were located behind the air intake, so they are visible through the front, behind the number plate. It was a bit of a job to fit, as the new horns were slightly bigger than the originals, I had to remove the grill and undo the radiator bolts to unable me to fit them in! But there isn't really anywhere else for them to go, as the pipe from the compressor isn't that long. Still they only cost £14.99 from Motormania, and they sound the absolute dogs. My car also had a set of dodgy looking mats, it looked like someone had taken one of their grandads old jumpers, cut it up and stuck on some Impreza badges, they were really bad (and green!). Also got some little green lights in the footwells, that come on when you open the door, then gradually fade out.. nice. Has shelf mounted Alpine speakers, and the Alpine logo light's up when you switch the lights on, these are visible through the tinted windows, which is nice..