Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Anybody going to Cottesmore RIAT ?

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2001, 09:33 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I think I should rephrase that as "who is'nt",Anyway I'll be there from Friday am but unfortunately will have to depart Saturday.

Go on wave..........make my day

(My01 WRX WR Blue with a Wrc 555 plate)

p.s. The first person to correctly identify me can claim there prize............a can of ice cold Guinness

Old 26 July 2001, 11:01 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mmmmm.... following the "Harrier GR7" thread from earlier in the month, once I'd finally realised Cottesmore was in the Midlands and not way down south somewhere ( ), I'm *probably* gonna get up at dawn on Sunday and go. So sorry, I'll miss you!

I've not been to an airshow since I first bought a car, so may as well go to big one to get back into it!

If anyone else is thinking about it, the details are here:
Old 28 July 2001, 10:24 AM
millband
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well, I've decided I'm definately going, although I'll take my Palm and mobile phone to keep track of the world record attempt

Anyone else going to be there on Sunday?

Steve
Old 29 July 2001, 09:09 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well At LeastI'm a can of 'very warm Guiness' better off cos nobody recognised me..............can you believe it I was there for Fri & Sat and did'nt see a single scoob parked up,although I did get a few excited waves around the surrounding B-Roads

All in all a good show,was anybody there on Friday when the B-1 Blew a load of photographers over ?

It was just soooooooo Funny,although a few where taken to hospital with injuries such as cuts & burns.

p.s Roll on Valley(Aug 18th)
Old 30 July 2001, 12:00 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

Talking

Blown over? I can imagine that

Excellent day today, the B1 was amazing - fighter-style turn from take off and then a fast pass with a rolling climb out, v.cool.

Formation glider aerobatics was pretty amazing too, plus the MIG 29, and Mirage 2000, and the 5 Hunters, and the Stealth flypasts etc etc....

Excellent!

Steve

PS Anyone on here owning up to having the blue T-reg WRX in the Blue car park? The one with the "555" seats?
Old 31 July 2001, 03:38 PM
Martyn Tonks
Scooby Regular

Managed to get a freebie ticket to said show off No 1 son who is a trainee fast jet pilot in RAF. Went with him and took the twin turbo Legacy MDT ***, but must admit did not see one scoob whilst I was there.

From there it was a blast up the M6 after dropping in at Tamworth to pick up 2 passengers, to Old Trafford to meet wife and daughter for a certain Mr Robbie Williams in concert that evening. Saw loads of scoobs on the way, far too many to list in the "was it you" section, but thanks for all your waves back.

[This message has been edited by Martyn Tonks (edited 01 August 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Martyn Tonks (edited 01 August 2001).]