Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

22b in Ashton under Lyne

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2001, 10:08 AM
62strat
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Hi to the 22b in Ashton the other day S***EXX
That thing really has got some brakes - the way you cut me up 50 feet from the lights was awesome. When I stopped my kids from crying because of how hard I had to brake because you'd halved my stopping distance they agreed what a great car it was. When I flashed my lights to tell you this I don't know why you told me to f**k off - maybe it wasn't me you were angry with. But if it was - I'm sorry my wife's Discovery offended you so much. Next time I hope you cut me up in my my99 5 door then you won't be so upset.
I know that a paid for 99 Discovery is beneath contempt, and that a paid for 99 Scoob can't hold a candle to a 22b, but next time I'm out on my Honda SP1 I'll try to keep up with you.....
Incidentally, how high are the finance payments on the 22b ? Do you find that this monthly outlay actually helps your driving or is it just an urban myth ?
Old 28 April 2001, 02:43 PM
PAUL GEE
Scooby Regular

62twat
I assume from your post that you exaggerate everything in your life. My recollection of your 'incident' is a little different. I'm sorry that you had to brake so hard but it really would help if you didn't drive so feckin close to the back bumper of the car in front. As for my alleged 'hand signal', please forgive me for being a little aggrieved that a dozy @unt in a lardy off roader and driving like he owns the road pissed me off!!
If you are being completely honest with me (and anyone reading this farcical post) you would admit that not only were you driving like the prat that you must be, but that you were driving far too close. Cutting someone up suggests that one car suddenly 'invades' another cars space. Not what happened is it!
Were you just trying to prove that the wife’s 'paid for' shopping trolley can show an overpriced Subaru a clean set of heels. Incidentally, the 22B is also 'paid for', as is my Evo 7, as is my R6. Clearly you think that you have a monopoly on having the substance to be able to afford (and pay for) the cars you drive. I'm happy for you. As for my driving prowess, I have had a clean driving licence for twenty years, something I'm particularly proud of. I have passed my advanced driving test and I'm perfectly capable of lapping Oulton park (probably!) quicker than you can on yer SP1.
Get a life mate.
By the way, if I was a gambling man I’d guess that the kids cry at the ‘very idea’ of getting in the car with you. Just a thought.
Old 28 April 2001, 02:52 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

62strat - What made you think the 22B was Financed then??

Not seen you on the East Lancs for a few weeks Paul , You not commuting anymore?

<B><I>Andy A</B></I>

[This message has been edited by Avi (edited 28 April 2001).]
Old 28 April 2001, 09:18 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

62Strat,
This is only your 2nd posting on this BBS, and like your first one it is a about someone around Ashton with a 22B.

I saw your first post and phoned Paul advising him not to respond to your Post, given that at that time a chap had been robbed at GUNPOINT of his 22B, as reported in the national press.

So Paul was not being snobbish by not responding to a COMPLETE STRANGER, he was being cautious.

Put your self in his shoes and think how you would respond to a similar request on here , to 'where does thr MY99 Turbo live, who drives through Ashton, and were do you leave your keys etc m8'

Your post was probably very genuine, but a little bit naive.

The reason I bring that other post up, is it MAY be that you have COMPLETELY got the wrong idea of what sort of person Paul is, and that is reflecting in the way you drive when you see him (that stuck up get in the 22B that couldn't be arsed to reply to my post, well f*ck him), and in your vociferous
posting now.
Or you really are someone who becomes insanely jealous of other peoples material wealth.

Paul has absolutely no edge about him at all, even though his car has appeared in Jeremy Clarksons video, and he owns, and has owned many very desirable cars.

He allowed me to drive his £40,000 22B (Ralliart modified) after knowing me a very short time. Not the actions of a stuck up b**tard.

Come along to Northern Meet 5 tomorrow and say hello.
Old 29 April 2001, 07:03 AM
PAUL GEE
Scooby Regular

Hello Avi,
Yes I have been commuting every day as normal.
One big difference has been the time. My daughter has been off school for half term so I've been driving at a different time and on an entirely different route.
O.K. - I can't lie, she's just too frightened to get in the car with me these days.....
It must be something in the burgers I'm eating. I get these urges to drive like a loony and out brake everyone at traffic lights and junctions.
I'm off to see my therapist now!!!!
Give you a wave if I see you.
Regards Paul.
Old 29 April 2001, 10:22 AM
62strat
Scooby Newbie

Actually you don't remember the incident at all then.
I was pulling up to the lights near the town hall. I had left more than ample stopping distance between me and the car in front -which had already stopped at the lights. There is a right hand turn only lane. You drove down the outside of me as if to turn right, then cut in front of me in order to drive straight on through the lights.
No, I'm not insanely jealous of his material wealth. I was annoyed at his driving, and his lack of response. His attitude in this post illustrates that which I had witnessed. I'm not going to respond to his goading.
MTR - I'm not bothered about how 'nice' Paul is. Or where he lives. Or what he has. However I'm not going to lick his **** just because he's got "an overpriced Subaru " and drives like an idiot.
By the way Paul - I've got more driving licences than you.
Old 29 April 2001, 11:29 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Wink

"Gotmore driving licences than you"

Surely thats illegal!

lol
Old 29 April 2001, 05:00 PM
62strat
Scooby Newbie

Lightbulb

&gt;"Gotmore driving licences than you"
&gt;Surely thats illegal!

Nah - not if you're licenced to drive a bus, a car and a bike. That's 3 driving tests...and in the old days it would have been more than one physical licence.

Old 29 April 2001, 06:01 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

So how many "Actual Licences" Have you got, Just 1 me thinks
Old 29 April 2001, 08:14 PM
EMA
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

62PRAT.......PRAT........PRAT.........PRAT........ ....PRAT............PRAT..........PRAT......PRAT.. .........PRAT...AND MORE........
Old 01 May 2001, 06:49 PM
62strat
Scooby Newbie

Avi:
3 licences. Car (20 years), bike (17 years) and HGV Class 1 (15 years). And I know better than to reduce peoples stopping distances by half because I'm in a hurry to get to Bar Max to brag to my BMW driving mates.
Old 01 May 2001, 06:52 PM
62strat
Scooby Newbie

Originally posted by EMA: 62PRAT.......

oh jeez...another internet newbie. I'd have thought you could at least summon some wit and have a proper go at me rather than this sycophantic drivel.

Old 01 May 2001, 07:38 PM
EMA
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Haha !

Took the bait you prat.....

All things are never quite what they seem matey.......newbie / nah..not I.
Old 01 May 2001, 07:42 PM
PAUL GEE
Scooby Regular

62twat, prat or strat,
You are the only one on this thread who seems to be spouting 'drivel'.
You are coming across like a small child who can't get his own way therefore tries to make themselves the centre of attention by bragging and exaggerating.
My toys bigger than your toy. I've got more sweeties than you and they are all 'paid for'!!
I've got 40 licences and I've been driving for 300 years. What sort of t!t are you.
I bet your wife loves being around you!!
Got many friends then ehh. I'll bet not.
You’re talking thru your @rse so do us all a favour and disappear.

Old 02 May 2001, 07:30 AM
62strat
Scooby Newbie

Talking

&gt;Incidentally, the 22B is also 'paid for', &gt;as is my Evo 7, as is my R6.
&gt;I have had a clean driving licence for &gt;twenty years,
&gt; I have passed my advanced driving test and &gt;I'm perfectly capable of lapping Oulton

who's bragging ? I'm just responding to your ****e.
When did you get rid of the BMW ?
How's life on Mortgage Mountain ?
Old 02 May 2001, 09:08 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

There was a driving incident, things were done at the time and **** happens a simple sorry or agree to disagree would have done off the BBS, but no. Knock it off guys as I said **** happens and today is a new day. If I had a quid for every time I Had someone object to something I had done in my driving carrier I would have at least a tenner.
Old 02 May 2001, 10:22 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Wink

I really have missed this BBS while i've not had access to the internet, its good to be back!

62strat, you really do sound pissed off that someone can actually afford to own a 22B. Money seems to be the only thing you judge people by, if i was you id calm down and be thankful for the things you've got in life yourself.

Paul, i wouldn't get wound up about it. There'll always be jealousy out there when you drive such a desirable car. I'll give you a friendly wave if i ever see you about!

Tone.
Black MY93 WRX (not paid for!!!!!!!!)
Old 02 May 2001, 10:51 AM
PAUL GEE
Scooby Regular

Tone,
Thanks for the support. I hope I see you around.
Darren, you're absolutely right with what you say. This is totally ridiculous!
So here goes Strat, from the top of Mortgage Mountain (if I can see out over the piles of bills and red letters) the hand goes out. Well are ya man enough? If not Mr Moderator (Nimbus), please pull the plug on this mental thread.
It's this sort of thing that drags down the family feel of the BBS. There's really no need. If I've offended anyone then I apologise.

P.G.
Old 02 May 2001, 11:10 AM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Bravo Paul,

That takes bo**ocks. Respect due.

C'mon Strat, do the decent thing and let's bury the hatchet.

No one got hurt (just pride) and that's all that matters.

Look outside the sun is shining, life is good.

Rich
Old 02 May 2001, 11:18 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

I hate to see this turning into a slagging match. It's not what it's meant for. However, I'll leave it open so that 62Strat can reply. If it turns nasty though it will be closed.

Come on guys, kiss and make up Life's too short...

<B>N</B><I>i</I><B>m</B><I>B</I><B>u<I>S</B></I>

Old 02 May 2001, 01:09 PM
62strat
Scooby Newbie

OK - Paul cut me up. I was mad at his attitude, and even more so when he stuck 2 fingers up at me. And, next, he refuses to say "sorry". I took a stab in the dark about having the 22b on finance - I was wrong. I'm not jealous of it, or Paul's other stuff. I could have it if I wanted it. No - that's not how I judge stuff at all. Quite the opposite in fact. That bit seems to have gotten out of all proportion.

Paul carried on with comments like
"if I was a gambling man I’d guess that the kids cry at the ‘very idea’ of getting in the car with you" and
"What sort of t!t are you. I bet your wife loves being around you!!" and
"Got many friends then ehh. I'll bet not"

That stuff was uncalled for.
However, he now apologises so it's alright.
I'll apologise too.

Old 02 May 2001, 01:35 PM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Yawn.
This thread should have been closed after the second post, IMHO
Old 02 May 2001, 01:40 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

I don't think there's any more to add...

<B>N</B><I>i</I><B>m</B><I>B</I><B>u<I>S</B></I>