Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Watch out if this was you............

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2003, 09:56 PM
skoosh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

..........you are a f**king idiot mate.

Dark blue classic, late reg, evo spoiler, on your own tonight at 21:51 - Basford Park Road, Newcastle, Staffs.

If I or my pregnant wife are walking my 3 year old daughter across the road to get into my wagon and you travel at that speed passed my house, you'll kill us and yourself!

It's a 30 mph limit down here you wan**r, speed is great when it's safe, what were you doing........70?

Don't let me find out who you are!

End of warning!!!!!!

Skoosh.
Old 04 August 2003, 12:18 AM
McScooby
Scooby Regular

Well said Si.......it's hard enough to get insurance etc as is!!! Goes double if it was my family!!!
Old 04 August 2003, 08:28 AM
Turboteeth
Scooby Regular

Typical unfortunetely
Old 04 August 2003, 08:56 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Skoosh, well said, its poor form to play the bad boy in town. Open roads is fair game, but keep it sensible in town..

Turboteeth, on your point I beg to differ, the majority of drivers are perfectly sensible, but because we are on a message board dedicated to the marque we generally only hear about the bad eggs. Look down the *was it you* list and compare numbers between bad driver reports and general was it you`s and keep a certain amount of perspective. Unfortunately, more indicative of the problems of Scooby ownership is the God-awful spelling and grammar that owners display...

[Edited by Peanuts - 04/08/2003 14:08:16]
Old 04 August 2003, 11:58 AM
Boro
Scooby Regular

LMAO @ Peanuts with a
Old 04 August 2003, 01:49 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Is that the same a as in grammar?

Like the school Turboteeth's dad went to a long time ago?
Old 04 August 2003, 02:07 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Touche, mon ami, touche...
Old 04 August 2003, 02:24 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

touché non?
Old 04 August 2003, 02:46 PM
Maddy
Scooby Regular

Why people would want to speed in built up areas anyway I find it hard to beleive that they want to loose their licence or somebodys life, They always think it will never happen but it does..

Old 04 August 2003, 03:05 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Angry

skoosh
You can't expect a n*b jockey like that to understand!
he has a loud fast car and he's going to make sure everyone knows it. Insurance won't bother him either, probably on dads policy ,or in dads car, or no ins at all. Still we can live in hope he has a mishap on some quiet lonely road.
misty
Old 04 August 2003, 04:16 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Wink

XRS.... upyerbum™

but you get the idea anyway, despite my atrocious attempts at castigation...
(all spell checked prior to posting)

Peanuts
Old 04 August 2003, 05:45 PM
Turboteeth
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

XRS...I've just twigged what you are talking about

So there are two old men driving around in boy racer's cars

I thought at 24 I was getting too old to drive one...

Old 04 August 2003, 05:55 PM
saucy-scooby
Scooby Regular

The main problem surounding dick-brains who think they are better than everyone else and who speed for the fun of it is this.....

One day they will go too far, too fast and kill some other poor ******* who was either drivng sensibly, walking on the footpath or riding a bike or horse.

They think they are immortal.

My idea as a form of prevention is put the cars written off in such speed related accidents on trailers, leave all the blood and gore on them...and park them outside pubs, schools and any other place where hot-heads think they are great cos they speed for kicks
Old 04 August 2003, 06:36 PM
EvoDraven
Scooby Regular

My idea as a form of prevention is put the cars written off in such speed related accidents on trailers, leave all the blood and gore on them...and park them outside pubs, schools and any other place where hot-heads think they are great cos they speed for kicks
I used to live in Saudi Arabia and for one week every year they actually did this. Don't remember seeing much in the way of gore but the wrecks were all the results of fatal accidents. Never forget seeing a 911 that had been cut in half and was just hanging there in 2 pieces.
Old 04 August 2003, 08:16 PM
saucy-scooby
Scooby Regular

Would you say it had the desired effect tho Evo-D?

I think it might wake a few up in this country that speeding for the sheer hell of it just isn't a good idea and that one day 'that car wreck could be you'
Old 04 August 2003, 09:07 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Unfortunatly in todays society it probably wouldnt work,,

they would just probably think the mangled wreckage was cool and can they see the other bits.....

the best way would be to drag em down the mortuary and see the victim and the family of the victim,,, and then get them to explain!!

sadly we dont help ourselves, we dumb down reality and this makes a mockery of real life...

take the latest incarnation of this...

The terminator, once a dark 18 cert film... the sequel...a 15

and the latest a 12a... so the kids can see it... and the trouble is cos the good guys never get hurt and always walk away..they think it happens in real life.. it will probably be a U cert in a couple of years ...hence they have no concept of pain and anguish...

Ive scraped enough people out of car crashes, and other accidents for several years... unfortunatly the only people who get hurt are the ones who arn't around any more!!

it always seems that the only people who get hurt are the innocent ones...
Skoosh i agree with you mate... the consequences dont bear thinking about...

M
Old 04 August 2003, 09:27 PM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

Have to agree with turbo teeth on this one

Misty youre wrong to say that, im 22 and have a scooby, lots of people on here are younger and have them. Intend to upgrade to an EVo 5 and a r34 when i get older and then prob onto old mens cars like porsche and BMW lol. Being young doesn't stop you owning performance cars. I used to have a Rx7. Scooby is tuned and still getting a bit bored of the power, but your comments on insurance is a bit of a pisstake, no reason why because theyre young they wont have it. I know 17 year olds who have ferraris and insure them, different situations allow different things etc, this guy could work really hard to pay for that scooby and his insurance

Think the more important point is no one should speed down residential roads in the middle of the day when children are about. Its risking other peoples lives and is wrong. Unfortunately some drivers dont appreciate things like that.
Old 04 August 2003, 11:46 PM
dosenöffner
Scooby Regular

Think the more important point is no one should speed down residential roads in the middle of the day when children are about.
Half right.

Think the more important point is no one should speed down residential roads. Period!
Old 05 August 2003, 01:40 AM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

well at night not around pubs etc i cant see that much harm in speeding in a 30. But any time when there are people about is unacceptable, especially if they were doing over double the speed limit.
Old 05 August 2003, 06:46 AM
EvoDraven
Scooby Regular

Would you say it had the desired effect tho Evo-D?
I was going to answer yes to that question but on reflection I'm not sure that it did. I was unfortunately involved in a high speed accident on my way to school one morning when we crested the brow of a hill only to be met by a guy overtaking and wallop. It was my birthday aswell!!! I didn't see many other serious accidents or even high speed incidents although the general standard of driving does leave something to be desired. 12 year olds driving Cadillacs on the road ffs!!! I guess they felt the problem was bad enough to warrant the displays any way. Not that it matters I suppose but this was back in 1983.