Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

P1 dave

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2003, 12:32 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw you this morning, nothing too serious I hope.

Allan
Old 03 June 2003, 01:03 PM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hi Allan

I wondered how quickly you would have got it on here!! It looks a lot worse than it actually is. Saturday night I was doing a bit of back road running when I realised my front brakes were playing up, got out of the car to nearly burn my face off when looking at the front drivers side wheel! Front brake disc has a massive crack right across it, never seen one go that bad, so I had to limp it home and get recovery to get it to the garage for a new set of brakes. Having great fun with Subaru over the warranty claim, something tells me they actually want to go bust, cause the way they talk to you they obviously dont want people to buy another Scooby!! (Note thats Subaru not the garage!)

Your motor was looking and sounding sweet, hows it going??
Old 03 June 2003, 03:27 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

I'm surprised your getting hassle over cracked disks, that seems to be a fairly common problem on Scoobs.

It was certainly a surprise to see it on the back of the truck, I thought nooooooooo hope you hadn't stuffed it

Mines running swheet as a nut, had the new Scoobysport back box fitted a few weeks back, I'm very pleased with the sound, although would have preferred a slightly shorter tail pipe. It looks about 40mm too long to me.

Still not as loud as yours though

Hope you get it back soon.
Cheers

Old 03 June 2003, 05:27 PM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

Yeah but to get it like mine you need to be a really wide Essex Boy!!

Oh no I have been informed by Subaru that they have never heard of discs cracking on their cars, I then asked him about the Impreza and I dont think he had heard of that model either! They really are a bunch of dodging bar stewards sometimes and over the most stupid things. My discs had cracked so much even the garage said it has been a while since they had seen some that bad ;-) Subaru are whinging about how many have now gone on my car, my answer. FIT PROPER BRAKES FOR THE POWER OF THE CAR AND THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEM!!! Now have a nice set of Alcon's on order (not the best but look great and they are cheap) so the boy will be back on the road by the end of the week!!

Your motor did sound like a new exhaust had been put on as you went past but I never got a view of your **** to check. Did you change mid seciton as well? That may be why it looks a little long, Scooby Sports mid section may be a little shorter.
Old 03 June 2003, 06:35 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

LOL that's kinda funny.

Yep only changed the back box, didn't realise that about the mid section. I've got a bit paranoid about it and keep checking everybody's protrusion as it were, mines definitely the longest I've seen I even momentarily thought about chopping some off.

Don't tell me I need to spend more money

What have you changed exhaust wise, perhaps I could come and have a listen when you get it back.

Cheers

Old 04 June 2003, 09:33 AM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

Cool

NO ITS NOT FUNNY!!!! Its a bit silly, they accepted that in all these years where they have never had any discs cracking I have had mine replaced a number of times due to the disc cracking......

I dont know what sizes the Scooby sport mid sections are, they may be the same they may be a little different, its just a thought.

I think if I gave you a full demonstration of my exhaust it would make you cry!! I sourced it through a friend of a friend who rallies Scoobies for a living/excuse to live a fast life! The exhaust was originally used by him for one rally but due to the reduced road clearance it gives, he had to get it off as it was scuffing the ground. Its a mid and rear section all in one and just consists of a very large pipe. The benefits it has given me is a sound a little better than the RB5 WR I used to own (which I never thought possible) and the top end pick up (5k revs onwards) is truely awesome (P1's go to 8.5k revs).

By all means when the beast is on the drive pop in, I will find out today when I get it back (better be before the weekend cause I have tickets for the touring cars). Many times I have thought about popping round yours but can never work out if your in or out, bloody people that uses their garage for cars!!
Old 04 June 2003, 12:40 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

LOL, I'll drop round then and bring my ear defenders.