Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Classic green 4 door with Gold wheels on A12 (Colchester) 7:30 this morning

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2002, 11:11 AM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I must apologise if I caught you unawares, I saw you a mile off and decided to say hi. I admit I was over excited this morning which is why you suddenly found me behind you flashing like there was no tomorrow. I put it down to the new number plates.... We did look very cool heading down the road together like a lovely couple, all we needed to do was hold hands and skip!!
Old 19 November 2002, 12:52 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi Dave,
Haven't noticed the plate yet, I'll check it next time I go past.
Wheels and tints look toptastic mate
Old 19 November 2002, 03:01 PM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

Allan

Been meaning to pop round, car has either been really dirty or I have been in London. I am amazed how much attention the tints have brought me, the police are really interested as they tried to give an osbornes mechanic 3 points for driving it a little while ago because the windows are a little dark, they recorded 18% transparency instead of a minimum of 30%. The new number plate is an attempt to clear my name for a little while!! Except with true Essex boy style the plate itself is illegally spaced. I just cant do a thing legally and I work for a law firm!!
Old 19 November 2002, 07:44 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

LOL... thought they looked dark , still cool though

How do you rate Osbourns for servicing ?
Old 20 November 2002, 08:12 AM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

Thats a very good subject for a chat, but off line (if that does not give you your answer)
Old 20 November 2002, 08:36 AM
Allan
Scooby Regular

hmmm, I was going to give them a go as I'm having a few problems with our other local dealer.

Old 21 November 2002, 08:12 AM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

For servicing I think the garage I use are great, they do know their stuff and always keep my motor in great running order. I have had them service my Imprezas for over 5 years now, and I am very quick to kill off a relationship if I dont like the service. The ones you use turned their nose up at me when I turned up (aged 23) trying to buy a brand new Terzo - I ended up going to Sheffield to buy it as there was no other dealer in the area. I went to see my guys yesterday and found out they have been bought by Lind Motors (not just Subaru but everyone, Honda, MG, Mitsi et al) not sure if that will change anything, but I do know they are not over booked so if you need a quick service they can do it for you.

If you want I will lend you my Rover for the day and take your Scooby in for the service!!
Old 21 November 2002, 01:00 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Cool

That's a great offer Dave thanks , but I've just had the car serviced.

It had to go back to be put right, this is the sort of thing that really irritates me, also having a problem with not returning phone calls e.t.c.

I might give the Colchester guys a go next time.
Old 21 November 2002, 03:38 PM
p1_dave
Scooby Regular

Smile

You better believe it a good offer, not many people get to feel the power of the 214si!! I have even removed the spoiler to save weight!!

What needed to be put right after a service, that does sound very very odd. My only ever problem after a service was that the oil filter was cracked and you cant really blame that on the garage (unless it was second hand and had been used as a football first I suppose)

Did you see my number plate this morning?? I left the P1 at home just for you to see it on your way to work this monring
Old 22 November 2002, 05:27 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Blimey I didn't realise you've started modding the Rover as well, what have you done with the spoiler, stuck it on one of the other cars ?

Dealer problem was Brakes, so nothing major
Yep saw the plate, most cool