Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

ScoobySpanner, guess who...........

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2002, 05:43 PM
E46M3
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hope I did not spoil your weekend too much, but I suspect it was me in the Carbon Black M3 who decided to stretch my legs on the way home. Its the difference between a fast car and a very fast car I am afraid.

Now I suppose I just wait for the "my cars faster than your car comments" from a few of the less well endowed members of the site, though not yourself ScoobySpanner who at least has the grace to know when he's come up against a quicker car on the day.

Hope to meet again ScoobySpanner, maybe at a track day if your up for it, and to all those people who are already getting ready with their comments remember this.

I don't care how fast your car is, it really isn't that important to me.

HM

Old 20 August 2002, 05:54 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Will this post get to 20 pages ?

M3 Lovely car, I don't care who is faster than who, I enjoy mine you enjoy yours thats all that matters. How come the newbie post in the middle of the mines quicker than yours crappy debate ?

Remember to make sure you select the right ID before posting !!!
Old 20 August 2002, 05:59 PM
E46M3
Scooby Newbie

How come the newbie post in the middle of the mines quicker than yours crappy debate ?

Remember to make sure you select the right ID before posting !!!

Explain what you mean by this you have lost me?
Old 20 August 2002, 06:00 PM
Wannabe
Scooby Regular

would like an M3 but im happy with AWD and a mean rally image car, not like your touring lark.

but nice car.

Simon
Old 20 August 2002, 06:18 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

seen this...

http://members.roadfly.com/jason/m3engines.htm

I love this car but i, like a lot of people dont have Ł40K as dispossable income... sadly.. i still think id rather buy a TVR although ive heard there reliability is not up to scratch...

It seems even the indistructable BMW M3 has bottom end problems.....!!

Dan

[Edited by dhorwich - 8/20/2002 6:25:11 PM]
Old 20 August 2002, 06:45 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

No offense to you mate if your genuine. For the last xxx days there have been a few posts regarding Scoobs bashing M3's which is getting somewhat boring as the main topic on what was a good discussion board. Then all of a sudden a virgin newbie (less than 20 posts) appears with yet another dull M3 post.

As for the other comment too many people have more than 1 login that they use to stimulate debate when they don't want their true identity known
Old 20 August 2002, 06:45 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

E46M3 I notice that (under this login name at least) your new to the site. Clearly you've thrashed scoobyspanner at some point and that's great. It was one of the highlights of my motoring life to see the new M3 under full throttle

Nevertheless, some of the tones in your post may be seen to provoke a little which could lead to another 20 pages of debate/slagging.

Yes your car is fast, and very nice and if you offered to swap for my Impreza I'd bite your arm off at the chance. That said you do half to accept that as incredible as it is there are members of scoobynet users that have far faster/better/more expensive/comfier Impreza's, EVO's, Porka's, even Ferrari's and dare I say it........apparently also sierra's

Happy to have your aboard I just hope you continue to make informed and positive contributions
Old 20 August 2002, 06:52 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can we please ban these threads, I am getting dizzy.
Old 20 August 2002, 07:39 PM
E46M3
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

I was responding to ScoobySpanner as I was travelling on the A38 near Derby last Friday and had some fun with a guy in a Scoobie. I was suggesting it may well have been me that his recent post refers to that's all.

I love cars, always have and yes I am lucky to own and have owned some very fast cars (including a Griffith 500 dhorwich, and yes most of us M3 owners have seen the engine failiures website and have bitten our nails wondering if ours is next) but don't take this as me rubbing anyone's nose in it.

It was only a few years ago when I was driving a brown (with brown vinyl roof!!) 1000cc mini with a Peco exhaust and believe me that was the fastest car in the world, well maybe.....

The only reason I registered was so I could say hi to ScoobieSpanner and rest assured I am not someone else deep deep undercover.

Carlo, you are a mad man but god that thread about your Fiesta had me laughing.
Old 21 August 2002, 10:10 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Cool Welcome aboard

I'd have had the cerbera myself
Old 21 August 2002, 01:24 PM
E46M3
Scooby Newbie

Cool

I actually test drove a Tuscan S together with a 996 C2, as I was considering both of these but I felt the TVR would have been unable to handle the mileage as well as the M3 and the Porsche was just a little to ostentatious in the current climate.

I use the M3 as my day-to-day transport and so far have been very pleased with it as it goes very well and sits on the motorway at normal speeds very easily, returning good consumption even with 4 up and stuff in the boot.

Its this flexibility that makes the car special not the speed, which although fast is not as quick as the Griffith 500 I had or the Tuscan S, though it can stay with a Porsche 996 most of the way up the range.

It does tend to attract people though when they see it in their mirror or in front of them and of course everyone thinks you’re a w****r but that, I guess, goes with the territory.

Cerebra…………no thanks, I will leave that one for you. ;-)