Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Was it you stuck in that horrendous jam on the M25 at the Dartford Tunnel last night?

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2002, 01:23 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

We were, took us 1 hour to go about 1 and a half miles We saw 3 other scoobies - a green turbo, a black turbo & a red non-turbo.

Some friends that were travelling with us in separate vehicles decided to turn round before getting on the motorway and go via the Blackwall tunnel instead. They encountered 7 miles of tailbacks and got home about half an hour after us

Full marks to the chaps at Brands Hatch for announcing the jam over the PA system - it enabled us to make the decision to join the motorway just before the tunnel instead of further away at the A2 junction where we would normally have joined.

Sal

[Edited by scoobychick - 7/1/2002 2:52:00 PM]
Old 01 July 2002, 01:29 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Thankfully I wasn't stuck there... any ideas on the cause, was it everyone leaving Brands?

I am annoyed that they will have gained enough money to pay for the new bridge etc March 2003 and the original plan was to remove the toll... so no more jams... but no they have decided to keep charging and use the money to improve traffic conjection on the M25....... seems a bit backward.. leave the main source of conjection in so to earn enough money to eliviate traffic....
I know DT is not the only bad place for traffic but the tunnel bunches up the traffic which then causes jams further around the M25... would be an interesting experiement to remove the barriers and not charge for a week.... wonder if my theroy would work?

JGM
Old 01 July 2002, 02:11 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

There was an overturned lorry on the anti-clockwise carrigeway between junctions 30 and 29. It also took out one lane of the clockwise carriageway due to the crash barrier being damaged

The motorway was closed between those two junctions as a result.

It took us 2 and a half hours to get home compared to 40 minutes in the morning to get to Brands. It took my sister who got caught right at the end of the tailback on her way back from Surrey 4 hours to get home - she lives near me
Old 01 July 2002, 02:22 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

I am travelling a fair bit at the moment, and touch wood have not been caught too badly.

I used to get annoyed and try a difference route and usually take far longer like you say the other car did...

I just either sit there and listen to the stereo or take a break for a hour or two... hopefully I might be fixing my bike at the weekend then I can whip through the traffic again....

JGM
Old 01 July 2002, 02:55 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yeah we turned the music up, the engine off and sat back and read the Sunday papers whilst munching on an emergency family size pack of Skittles

Old 01 July 2002, 03:27 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cool...

I was alright this morning as I had a TV onboard... unfortunatly it is 240volt and therefore could plug it in luck I didn't get stuck in traffic...