Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

TDO5

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2007, 06:06 PM
Plastikman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TDO5

I bought one already from a Forum member and its ****ed! Without even putting it on the car. As with all internet buying theres no comeback at all so I have to take the loss and buy another one,

The report which came back on the Turbo I bought was:

Severe Journal wear
Severe Bearing wear
Rounded Compressor Blades
Cracked Wastegate port

And finall today I found another crack on the exhaust housing where the clamp holds the two housings together. To be fair it is possible for the person who sold me this to not have know about it, and it also may seem odd for me to have it inspected in the first place. But lets face it, a 2nd hand turbo which comes from the earlier cars is gonna have gone round the block a few times and basically will need a rebuild/seal kit etc. Which I didnt mind getting done but all these extra super surprises I could do without. The turbo came back in bits from Turbo technics and without balancing equipment or the knowhow its gone in the bin.
Does anyone have one that they removed thats in good working order with no whines/smoke/boost loss/boost creep, cracks or fractures etc etc.

J

Last edited by Plastikman; 08 May 2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08 May 2007, 08:16 PM
kbru247
Scooby Regular

Default there's always a comeback

why don't you name and shame them so we all know they sell dodgy goods a turbo isnt a cheap item to just throw in the bin. Im after one myself and if someone dumps there rubbish on me i'd be sore and be lookiing a refund things are bought on good faith that there in good order unless stated otherwise
Old 08 May 2007, 09:11 PM
Plastikman
Scooby Regular

Im ****ing pissed off about it because its £150 + £40 inspection down the ****ter and I still dont have a Turbo for my car, but its a risk you take and it is possible that the person didnt know about ALL the issues, when TT were inspecting it, its their job to find problems and make money I suppose.
The person themselves said I should of just fitted it to my car as it was perfectly fine, what I do say to that is, perfectly fine doesnt include the exhaust wheel touching the housing, theres normal play and theres sssssscccccreeeeeeecccchhhh (wheel meets housing play). But like I said I was willing to pay the £200+vat for it to have new bearing and seals safe in the knowledge that when I 'just bolt it on', it wont be coming off in 1000 miles for a rebuild.

I cant be bothered arguing about it as it wont achieve anything, hes already said he wont take it back and now that its in bits it no good to anyone. Name and shame, nah not my style, im sure there are ways if people really want to know who sold it.

TDO5 anyone?
Old 08 May 2007, 11:00 PM
WRXSTU
Scooby Regular

hi
check my items in car parts.
i've got one for sale in perfect nick pulls like a train.
brought from glen burgie subaru and told it came off a car with 35000 on the clock,i've only added another couple of thousand to it.
i'm looking for £150.00 plus postage.