Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Job

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2001, 11:02 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Been doing my new job now for about 5 months and dont really like it. Well, the job is OK but my old decent boss was made redundant and replaced with a complete witch boss.

This witch has made my life impossible and it is all ending in disciplinary's, tribunals, managing-out, etc, blah, blah. So I have had enough. After starting as a temp on £5/hour 2 years ago and working my way up to management I am off out of the company.

I need to find a new job as soon as poss doing whatever. Skills include most web design stuff, Flash, HTML, Dreamweaver (:rolleyes , Fireworks, all other normal IT stuff - MS Office etc. Also worked in lots of industries, done loads of roles, projects etc. Generally know what I am doing with stuff, have degree in business and HND in Marketing, car, house, good laugh, young - ish , flexible. Would prefer male boss

So if anyone wants me send me a mail. Looking for something in Lancs or Manchester. Job satisfaction more important than salary, so long as I have enough for my car, house and bird each month

Sorry if this sounds like I am p1ssed off but thats cos I am

DW
Old 08 May 2001, 01:45 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Dreamweaver,

I think the best thing you can do is literally go knocking on doors. Pick up the phone and go through all the new media design agencies and large corporate businesses in your area and try to sell yourself.

It seems you are willing to start from the bottom and learn the ropes, so to speak. Any previous experience is a must in this industry because competition is now rife.

Its a volatile industry at the moment with only the best succeeding in a very competitive market. Many of the design agencies have now shut shop and the only people who are continuing serious web development are companies where the internet is not their main source of business.

Avoid dot coms like the plague and try to get into a stable environment such as BBC where although its easy to start in a junior position, holds plenty opportunity to progress into a more senior role.

Hope this helps.

Cem
p.s. Speak to an agency or 10. They are the ones with the jobs.
Old 08 May 2001, 02:44 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Dreamer

Nothing if not persistent M8, nothing here on web design or intranet at pres. But awaiting approval for an additional support job.

I'll try to get a little more background, it wont pay a fortune that's for sure but it ain't far from NM rendezvous. The team seem OK but ....... well it's not my department so I'm bound to complain.

Bring a CV to the Dales run. In the meantime stay positive and controlled. Speaking from experience, it's difficult to get a new position if you've "decked" a previous employer )

B