Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

front end

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2000, 02:37 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need scoop and front grille from new shape,

any colour, preferably good condition.

any ideas as I need a facelift (and I'm only 22)
Old 02 February 2000, 04:55 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

If I were talking to you ( ), I'd ask which car you are intending to facelift...

If it's a pre-97 car to recent look, it requires the bonnet (scoops etc), the front bumper and the headlights at the very least. Expensive, unless you can find a rear-ended donor car. If it was a post 97 car to 99/00 front end, it may be less costly.

I would also be interested in finding which model you eventually went for, STI 2 maybe?

...But I'm not, so I won't! ( )

Moray

[ ] To waste time, click here
Old 03 February 2000, 12:44 AM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Hi Adam,

Maybe I was wrong about the bumper, but if you wanted a complete facelift, you could go for the latest style front end (sti 6 look?).

I understand what you say about the kick you get with your older style engine, my last car was a 96wrx (modded to 260/260). My current car (sti 3 ) initially felt slow, compared to the older car. However, on thinking about this, watching the speedo, and (probably most enlightening) listening to my passengers etc... I worked out it was in fact a LOT quicker, it is simply that it is so much smoother, just nice smooth power delivery all the way to 7500 (before any mods the breathing was stifled at the top end, not any more, tee hee hee).

Anyway, which pre 97 car did you get, was it the STI 2? Bob Rawle is definitly the man to talk to if you have one of those. Hi Bob!

Moray
Old 03 February 2000, 10:07 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Moray,

Dont pretend you aren't interested.

No offence but after driving the STi 3 I missed the kick up the.... from my larger and better turbo (don't understand why, adk Bob Rawle).

Already have bonnet, vents, headlights. just need grille and scoop. but may have those after speaking to chris.

I think you will find that you don't need a new bumper. Pete C didn't when he converted MY96 to MY97.

Thought that if I was going to change,I may aswell wait for the new shape WRX from japan or even buy the english version later on.

Ps. Thnaks for caring, I know that you do

[This message has been edited by Adam M (edited 03-02-2000).]
Old 03 February 2000, 12:08 PM
chrisd
Scooby Regular

I have a 98 grill,headlights and complete bumper with clear indicators and lipspoilers
for you. Come from a new 555 blue car (actually are still on it)
bye Chris