What a Morning !!!

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2011, 05:14 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a Morning !!!

Well what a morning !!!
Could hear the park keeper strimming away this morning and didnt think nothing of it, quite a common sound when you live next to a park...
All of a sudden, stones started hitting the front door, went out to investigate and the park keeper is stood 2ft from my car, petrol strimmer going on full chat and he is spraying the front of the house with all sorts, mud, leaves & plenty of stones

Problem being - my car is parked between the house and the park keeper

I've whistled to him and he's stopped, taken his ear defender's off - "Morning Tony" with a big smile on his face.
I've walked around the side of the car and it is absolutely plastered in crap !

He's taken one look at the car & said "oh sh*t - sorry Tony, didnt realise it was throwing mud up"
Now usually i would have hit the roof but Mike the Parkie is a decent bloke and i know he would never have done it maliciously.
Anyway, he was very apologetic and he went about his business.
On closer inspection i can see about 3 or 4 really good little dings and 2 chipped area's

Called the local council and they had a supervisor out to the house in 30mins and he was gobsmacked at what had happened but said that the parkie had admitted fault, he's gonna send a report in today and for me to write a quick report and send it into the Council Insurance department and they will pay for the damage immediately

Question: Can i claim for a full respray as i am not going to be happy with just having one side of the car done ?
Old 19 August 2011, 05:26 PM
ScoobyStu82
Scooby Regular

In short - Yes

They have to return your car back to you in the original condition it was in before the damage happened.

If the new paint job is a slighly diff colour to the old paint and doesnt match the rest of the car, then it's not in the same condition before the accident happend. So Id say yes, you'd prob get away with a full paint job :-)
Old 19 August 2011, 05:45 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

If its mint condition I'd want as little to be painted as possible even get dent devils in to push the dinks and only rectify the chips (if required)
Old 19 August 2011, 05:52 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Speak to Lee (Catalunya 172) and get it to Old School Engineering.
Old 19 August 2011, 06:54 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Speak to Lee (Catalunya 172) and get it to Old School Engineering.
Thats exactly where i wanted it to go - i've heard some good things about them.
Thing is though, if i am lucky enough to get a full respray, i'm gonna want a full windows out job done so i might have to stump a bit extra on top of the claim
Old 20 August 2011, 07:17 PM
notfub
Scooby Regular

Tony, well worth a trip to see Byron & Lee at OSE, I've had some work done there on my old scoob and the Mrs CRV and they are excellent.
Old 20 August 2011, 09:28 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScoobyStu82
In short - Yes

They have to return your car back to you in the original condition it was in before the damage happened.

If the new paint job is a slighly diff colour to the old paint and doesnt match the rest of the car, then it's not in the same condition before the accident happend. So Id say yes, you'd prob get away with a full paint job :-)
Not in a month of sundays I'm afraid mate,you would get away with blending the 2 panels either way of the damage and that would be your lot,the insurance would never stomach a full respray[I deal with them on an almost daily basis and also dealt with council claims like yours].
As Black hawk says though and I agree it would best to have as little done as possible imho.
Old 20 August 2011, 09:58 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriverules
Not in a month of sundays I'm afraid mate,you would get away with blending the 2 panels either way of the damage and that would be your lot,the insurance would never stomach a full respray[I deal with them on an almost daily basis and also dealt with council claims like yours].

Agree with above.

As Black hawk says though and I agree it would best to have as little done as possible imho.
Been doing body repair for 20yrs now and imho i'd rather see original paint on a car than a resprayed car, unless the paint is beyond repair.
Old 20 August 2011, 10:00 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black-Hawk
Been doing body repair for 20yrs now and imho i'd rather see original paint on a car than a resprayed car, unless the paint is beyond repair.
Old 21 August 2011, 04:00 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Read through this thread for a bit of Old School Engineering work.

https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marq...54-bmw-m3.html

http://www.oldschoolengineering.co.uk/

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 21 August 2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 21 August 2011, 06:17 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

I didnt realise it was Old School Engineering that done Ian's car - awesome work !

With regards to the damage the Council have caused - the whole drivers side has been chipped and dented. Had a mate over yesterday who works for BMW bodyshop and he's advised me that they would have to spray all the side and then blow it in to the bonnet, front bumper, bootlid and rear bumper and worst case scenario, the roof aswell

Rough quote from BMW to do the work - £1900