Notices

Another Warning : Please be aware

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2011, 11:15 AM
THE DOCTOR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Warning : Please be aware

Thought I had posted this, last Saturday night at 5am (the night of PCAD) heard the patio slabs rattle outside, to see someone run up the drive and jump into a large white/silver car with led rear lights, something like an Audi/Merc/BMW...

Proffessional car theives perhaps???

I rang the Police cos I guessed it would be easy to spot said car on the CCTV in Pontypool town centre, to be told that unless a crime is committed they can't access the footage on CCTV under public privacy laws...

what a crock..!

So beware, this could be related to the scoobynet message about a silver bmw with blue lights, I'm guessing prof theives know they need either keys, or need to car jack the car!

fitting CCTV this week to the house
Old 19 April 2011, 11:25 AM
Hurhur
Scooby Regular

we have cctv fitted and some years ago caught next doors car being stolen turned out it was her son. he had smashed it up aswell.

Car security is getting good nowadays so as you say car jack or getting the keys is what they tend to do for new models.

Try all the door handles they will eventually find a house open.

sad really that the police sometimes are as useless as chocolate sun glasses but your always urged to ring if you see anythign suspicious
Old 23 April 2011, 04:24 PM
!smartie!
Scooby Newbie

if you all need cctv or alarms pm me! im head engineer www.sservices.co.uk also do trackers! same as on the gumball
Old 23 April 2011, 04:55 PM
martinbrown
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alsieboy
I rang the Police cos I guessed it would be easy to spot said car on the CCTV in Pontypool town centre, to be told that unless a crime is committed they can't access the footage on CCTV under public privacy laws...

what a crock..!
That is absolute dog sh!te. If its a council / public run system then they can get access to it whenever they want, what if a crime is yet to be reported and a member of the public spots someone acting suspicious? Are they going to not bother asking CCTV to have a look? Sounds like a civilian call taker or something has fobbed you off. The barstewards!!

Martin