Notices

Worrying call off tracker !!!

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2011, 01:48 PM
darrenjones01@tiscal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worrying call off tracker !!!

At about 8.30 this morning I received a phone call off the tracker people saying my car alarm was going off and it was being tracked travelling across Wiltshire probably in the back of a transporter as they didnt think the engine was running!!!!
I broke the land speed record running to my garage to check, setting the garage alarm off in the process, but there it was sat where it was left last night. The guy at the other end of the phone was quite confused now as he was watching my car on his system travelling across Wiltshire, he then classed the car as stolen and passed all details to the police. He then tried to find my car on his system but couldnt, so he said he would ring me back but for me to ring Subaru to see if they could sort something out for me.
I rang Subaru and they said they would see what they could do, then about 2 hours later the guy from tracker rang me back, he had been trying to sort it for me too, they had found the other scooby and asked me if I knew what my reg number was before the private plate was put on it, so I told him, the two plates were 1 letter different and some numpty had registered the cars the wrong way around. So the guy at tracker changed them over and now I am covered.
I have had the car for 6 years now and paid for my tracker every year, but as I understand it if my car had been stolen my insurance would have been void because the car would have been untrackable!!
If I was you guys I would use the free vehicle track that trackstar offer you every year to see if your car is registered correctly and that they can find it.
Old 18 March 2011, 07:57 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Christ thats worrying, not the phone call you want to get on a friday morning. Still at least you found out about the error before you needed to use the system
Old 18 March 2011, 08:21 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

That's sounds worrying!!, don't need to check mine as they've rang me up a couple times when it's been on the back of a recovery truck. Always been impressed with how fast they have contacted!!
Old 19 March 2011, 02:48 PM
darrenjones01@tiscal
Scooby Regular

Yeah it is impressive how the system works, but the guy whose car got mixed up with mine when they registered them wrong was lucky that I have been paying tracker as if I hadnt kept paying or my car had been written off or taken off the road for any reason they wouldnt have been able to track his car.
Old 20 March 2011, 11:57 AM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Originally Posted by darrenjones01@tiscal
Yeah it is impressive how the system works, but the guy whose car got mixed up with mine when they registered them wrong was lucky that I have been paying tracker as if I hadnt kept paying or my car had been written off or taken off the road for any reason they wouldnt have been able to track his car.
Stuff like this is always open to human error. DVLA get it wrong all the time as the employ temp staff to input very important infomation!

Simb