Notices

Very Satisified.....

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2011, 10:41 AM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Very Satisified.....

As some may know had a bit of an issue with my exhaust down pipe to centre section gasket blowing whilst out on the last run out, and finally got round to doing it yesturday.....wot a job!!!!!
First of all had a right mare removing the two old bolts(only about 18months mind) , eventually got them off,absolutely nothing left of the old, and nipped over to Alpha Fastners for some fresh bolts. Job Done, or so i thought.....
On my little test run up the bypass, she wasnt spooling up right at all with pretty much zilch boost (knew ummit was up so didnt give her the gun). Came to the conclusion that with all the aggro and pressure on the up pipe to turbo connection removing the old bolts, this has probably ****ed the turbo gasket?!?
Out with the front mount pipework,induction and turbo heat shield and there they were, five bolts (one on the underside which i could feel bit not see). Out came my jacks again,axle stands,14mm sockets and spanners and 3-in one release spray again!!!
lots of swearing and about 2hrs later she was off, gasket replaced and back on,sod all remaining from the old one!!
While i had induction etc. out i'd had a leak on the oil vent gasket cover, and had a new rubber for it, so done that at the same time, 5minute job!
was well dchuffed with myself as i am pretty limited with my spanner skils, do bit with my bikes but thas usually as far as it goes, and being a plumber i usually use my adjustable spanners and grips for just about everything, and i usuully end up rounding nuts!!!
Took her out 4 a spin up bypass......Hellelujah all was good.....for 5 min anywayt till one of my front mount pipework connectiors decided to blow off (the paticular one and hadnt gone anywhere near, hadnt been touched sine install and remap last june!!!)
back to the garage put i t back on, super tightened and she was all good to go to merthyr to the cinema last night!!!
unfortunately didnt have any heat wrap left to wrap her,will have to get some ordered and whopped on soon while the bolts are stuill nice and fresh!!!
Sorry if ive bored u all, probably a very simple job to a lot of you on here, but there's something very satisying about doing a job yourself and not asking for anyones help!!
Rob
Old 30 January 2011, 11:13 AM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob Legend
As some may know had a bit of an issue with my exhaust down pipe to centre section gasket blowing whilst out on the last run out, and finally got round to doing it yesturday.....wot a job!!!!!
First of all had a right mare removing the two old bolts(only about 18months mind) , eventually got them off,absolutely nothing left of the old, and nipped over to Alpha Fastners for some fresh bolts. Job Done, or so i thought.....
On my little test run up the bypass, she wasnt spooling up right at all with pretty much zilch boost (knew ummit was up so didnt give her the gun). Came to the conclusion that with all the aggro and pressure on the up pipe to turbo connection removing the old bolts, this has probably ****ed the turbo gasket?!?
Out with the front mount pipework,induction and turbo heat shield and there they were, five bolts (one on the underside which i could feel bit not see). Out came my jacks again,axle stands,14mm sockets and spanners and 3-in one release spray again!!!
lots of swearing and about 2hrs later she was off, gasket replaced and back on,sod all remaining from the old one!!
While i had induction etc. out i'd had a leak on the oil vent gasket cover, and had a new rubber for it, so done that at the same time, 5minute job!
was well dchuffed with myself as i am pretty limited with my spanner skils, do bit with my bikes but thas usually as far as it goes, and being a plumber i usually use my adjustable spanners and grips for just about everything, and i usuully end up rounding nuts!!!
Took her out 4 a spin up bypass......Hellelujah all was good.....for 5 min anywayt till one of my front mount pipework connectiors decided to blow off (the paticular one and hadnt gone anywhere near, hadnt been touched sine install and remap last june!!!)
back to the garage put i t back on, super tightened and she was all good to go to merthyr to the cinema last night!!!
unfortunately didnt have any heat wrap left to wrap her,will have to get some ordered and whopped on soon while the bolts are stuill nice and fresh!!!
Sorry if ive bored u all, probably a very simple job to a lot of you on here, but there's something very satisying about doing a job yourself and not asking for anyones help!!
Rob
sounds like a good job done there rob more adventurous than me it would have been out to my m8s to sort out
Old 30 January 2011, 11:46 AM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

yeah well i allowed myself all day (put off all other jobs) to get it done!!!makes a differnece if ya not in a rush and getting worked up when things dont go quite right, although the temp's yesturday wernt ideal for being outside underneath the car 4 ages!!!
I ended up buying a full set of 3 inch gaskets after thank ****,so if your in need anytime mate i'll return the favour!!!
see u soon