Notices

Testing the water - sell or break - divorce sale

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2010, 06:30 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testing the water - sell or break - divorce sale

hi all, sadly due to divorce stuff need to get rid of the impreza and get something more boring and economical....

testing the water really to see if people would reckon I would be better off splitting it, or selling complete bearing in mind it does need a few things doing !

is a 98 mica green classic saloon on 75K - taxed and MOT'd ( has sailed through the last few MOT's ) til feb ish - does have a few nice upgrades :

Prodrive WR spoiler, 17 STi wheels, Prodrive suspension, GReddy electronic oil temp and boost gauges, GReddy profec B boost controller, Graham Goode dump valve, STi intercooler, STi front and rear strut braces, uprated speakers front and back, carbon look dash kit thing ( bit naff but OK ) STi pedals, K&N filter, STi rear lights, Scooby Sport 3.5" exhaust, S100BYS private plate.

Also has factory fitted aircon, which is a godsend on those boiling days !

Interior is good condition, but outside needs some tidying - parking dings in the doors need sorting, plus could really do with a new rear boot lid, also the rear boot sill is a bit crushed ( long story, but not an impact damage, was from someone trying to break in through the boot !!! ) - boot operates fine and the damage is hidden under the boot liner cover thing, but is still there.

Theres also a bit of a squeak from the rear right going over speed bumps, think its a worn bush on the droplink or something like that ( has that sort of rubbery squeak sound ), as doesnt do it any other time.

Engine seems good, have always used decent oil and petrol, never seems to use any coolant, and pulls nicely. Gearbox is a tad notchy when cold, but its pretty much always been like that, and once warmed is fine ( could be the clutch as this is grabby when cold as is quite common )

So.... had planned on breaking it and selling off what I can, but tbh would be as happy to sell in one go if I could get a couple of grand for it as it is from someone who wanted a car to do a bit of tidying on.

Anyone have any thoughts on what they reckon would be the best plan..... ( other than going back in time and marrying a faithful wife !!! )
Old 02 October 2010, 06:34 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Oh also have a complete brand new 4 pot classic front brake conversion kit from 2 pots - refurbed shells painted black and gold, with stainless pots, all new seals and gaiters and pins, new discs and pads, plus goodridge braided hoses, although I will prob sell all this as a job lot seperately.
Old 02 October 2010, 06:43 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Not the unfaithful wife but sold two Scoobs that I really should of kept due to marital strife. Stick with it mate. You'll regret it. Use it as your new passion for a while and make it what you want.
Old 02 October 2010, 06:46 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Wish I could, now having to find an extra £700+ a month just to run the house, and that has to be the priority - prob could afford to keep it and get a runaround, but it would just end up sat on the drive not being used, and cost me the tax and insurance, which would be a waste.

And doing more miles now, so the fuel economy is starting to get a bit boring - am sadly going to have to go for one of those smelly diesel things :-(

Am keeping the Ducati though - sod wives, no way I'm flogging that !!!

Last edited by MikeCardiff; 02 October 2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04 October 2010, 08:30 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Mike,

It was costing me more than that mate! You can't sleep on a bike but you can sleep in a car. SORN the Scoob, get a banger, it's what I have done. But then again I sold the house and her ladyship got every penny but I got less stress and a life back.
Old 17 October 2010, 06:10 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Well - new car is here now, decided not to get a cheapy runaround, so bought a jag X-type diesel instead - lovely car and very economical.

Spanners will be coming out in the next week or so, so if anybody wants first refusal on any bits, let me know
Old 19 October 2010, 08:30 PM
evobad
Scooby Regular

hi mate you got any pic of car may take it compleat,pm me more info ,ie mot tax etc
Old 19 October 2010, 08:38 PM
bobby260480
Scooby Regular

il have first dibs on the rear strut brace if you end up breaking it.
Old 20 October 2010, 08:03 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

evo, have sent you pm, need your email addy to send pics