Notices

Thinking of selling the car!

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2009, 08:36 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of selling the car!

Im in two minds at the moment what to do with my car as I quite fancy going back to a clio 16v or clio williams.

If anyone knows of anybody who might be interested in a deal or would like to buy my car please let me know.

most of you know my car

1999 T Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000
sonic blue 4 dr Salloon
103 k on the clock
Drives excellent and without fault
Just had a set of new rota Gra 18 inch alloys with new tyres
New NGK irridum plugs
New magnecor red leads
New crystal sidelights
New clear wing indicators
New 4 pot brake re furb by godspeed brakes about 6 weeks ago
New pads and drilled + grooved discs all round
Fresh Dot 5 brake fluid
3inch Fujitsubu cat back system
Iam second owner on this car!

Bad Points
Bit of piston slap when cold when warm noise goes.
Bad parts few dents and scuffs which is about right for a 10 year old car
bright switch has stopped working.
No service history

Offers over £2000

Last edited by ScoobyNudge; 11 November 2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11 November 2009, 09:18 PM
phil84
Scooby Regular

BUMP

Good luck with the sale!!!

You'll miss the power and the sound

I went from a valver to a scoob....
Old 11 November 2009, 09:18 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

im in the same boat as you fella and thinking of selling my car once run in as i have lost interest in the subaru world and got my eye on something like a nissan z350 gt but will see after christmas what i want to do as it might be better to break mine only time will tell
Old 11 November 2009, 10:37 PM
ryan33hks
Scooby Regular

You pair must be off your heads !
Good luck tho mate, lets hope you decide to keep her.
Old 11 November 2009, 10:45 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil84
BUMP

Good luck with the sale!!!

You'll miss the power and the sound

I went from a valver to a scoob....
Tbh I wish i never got rid of my valver.
what a car!

I love the subaru but Im hopefully moving into a new flat at the end of the month and my priorities have changed so a clio would fit my needs.

Its not definate just gauging interest at moment and not in a rush so I will wait and see after crimbo what my finances are.

I will however get another subaru later on once things get a bit better!
Old 11 November 2009, 11:10 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by catalunya 172
im in the same boat as you fella and thinking of selling my car once run in as i have lost interest in the subaru world and got my eye on something like a nissan z350 gt but will see after christmas what i want to do as it might be better to break mine only time will tell
Think you do after spending all that time and cash on it mate, thats why i got rid of mine.
I like 350Z's
Old 11 November 2009, 11:19 PM
Flathead
Scooby Regular

Ive gone from a valver to a scoob 2000 turbo in the last fortnight and won't be going back !
Old 12 November 2009, 12:19 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Keep the scoob Mark. Nearly got rid of mine a couple of years back. Glad i kept it now. Its not just a car,it's a lifestyle now
Old 12 November 2009, 12:49 AM
will_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx287
Its not just a car,it's a lifestyle now

Too right, these cars are addictive! Everytime I get rid of an Impreza, I want it back straight away, so whenever my car pisses me off, I remind myself of that, Lol.

Old 12 November 2009, 11:30 AM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

I had a string of 5GT turbo's in the day, drove a Clio Williams and 16v Clio and opted for a 16v 19 Chamade - Sold my 2.0 Megane Coupe for my first Scoob WRX JDM 1995 - Glad I sold and have never looked back , Scoob for me all the way Keep, Keep, Keep.
Old 12 November 2009, 12:14 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rally fan 555
I had a string of 5GT turbo's in the day,
We will have to have a chat about them Si. I had 4 in a row One running serious power
Old 12 November 2009, 12:27 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Yeah we will Calv, I had 3 in row - good fun !! My home made side exit exhaust was a bit of a hit with the neighbours
Old 12 November 2009, 02:29 PM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

I'd buy a Honda Civic Vti (B16a2 engine) as it will easily produce 180 bhp with breathing mods and responed well to basic suspension mods. A miles better engineered and reliable car compared to anything the french can make.
Old 12 November 2009, 02:50 PM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

We will have to have a chat about them Si. I had 4 in a row One running serious power
That's almost as bad as admitting you once owned a MG Metro turbo and still miss the heap, the Renault 5 had a dreadful engine & gearbox and the first modification on any owners list should have been to replace engine with a 1.7 volvo lump. The Vauxhall Astra GTE 16v could out perform most hot hatch's of the 90's and is still a peach of an engine today.
Old 12 November 2009, 07:06 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Negative thinking is not permitted on this siteYou cant surely think of breaking such a car especially after all the hours and hours of work that you have put into it.
Old 12 November 2009, 08:06 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lee chill out relax and enjoy.... I will have had mine 5 years this Jan and I'm in no rush at all to change it, had considered it at one point then I bought my runabout that was the best thing I ever did.
Mine will probably stay with me now until the end of Subaru ownership as I see no point in getting another to start working on again.... and I don't see that ending for a little while yet, this is the longest spell that I have ever owned one car.
Old 12 November 2009, 08:16 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

i had two one black one and i built the engine which was just under 200 bhp and i had a raider which was running 170 bhp here's a pic of the raider

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1
Negative thinking is not permitted on this siteYou cant surely think of breaking such a car especially after all the hours and hours of work that you have put into it.
its sad to say but i have kev , been looking at the nissan z350 and think its time for a change and my next car im just going to drive it and not play about to much as said "we will see"
Old 12 November 2009, 08:29 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport
Lee chill out relax and enjoy.... I will have had mine 5 years this Jan and I'm in no rush at all to change it, had considered it at one point then I bought my runabout that was the best thing I ever did.
Mine will probably stay with me now until the end of Subaru ownership as I see no point in getting another to start working on again.... and I don't see that ending for a little while yet, this is the longest spell that I have ever owned one car.
will see how goes after christmas si might keep it a year and then get rid of it but just lost the feeling that i had when i first had it and just feel that the fun has gone out of it and everything is abit too serious

and it's more money spent all the time as it never stops and don't think it will never end as i need to spend on new things just to keep me interested in it
Old 12 November 2009, 08:48 PM
scooby1508
Scooby Regular

i sold my classic in january for a clio 172 i could'nt get rid of the clio quick enough. i just bought a bugeye and i won't be getting rid of this one in a hurry
Old 12 November 2009, 09:31 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Loved my phase 1 clio 16v, got it up to 270bhp/307lbs.ft then wrote it off :-( , would'nt like to go back to one after a scoob tho.
Old 12 November 2009, 09:56 PM
weekswork
Scooby Regular

I used to have a Williams 2 M plate 42k in mint condition sold it about 3 years ago lovely car but the scooby gives more grin factor.
Old 12 November 2009, 10:56 PM
Dease
Scooby Regular

I had a Clio sport and will never ever drive a Rebault again, what a pile of crap it was! Everyone I know with a Renault has had problems with it but then again I know people who wouldn't touch a Scooby for love nor money.

I am going to get rid of my Bugeye STi PPP soon as I plain and simpley can't afford it anymore, I do 400 miles a week on average with the missus and baby in tow. I got a cracking deal on insurance this year too. I have had to surgeries on my left knee so the hard clutch is not good for me.

Thinking about getting a Merc 230 Diesel Automatic as I want something ecconomic, comfy and less stress on my tired legs. I love the Scoob and the raw power of it all but cannot justify or afford a 2nd car and just roll out the Scoob every now and then so it will have to go I am afraid.

If anyone has a Diesel Merc with around 40-60k on it they are looking to swap with maybe a little cash either way for my Mica Black Bugeye STi PPP then drop me a line, car has 66K on the clock, full service and a few mods - wheels and zorst to name a few.
Old 13 November 2009, 12:22 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

i had two one black one and i built the engine which was just under 200 bhp and i had a raider which was running 170 bhp here's a pic of the raider

I was after a Raider for ages The quickest i had was an Ex K-tec Racing demo car. By the time i finished it managed 310.6bhp at 1.8bar boost on a Garret GT25. Then Jamie Shaw came along and went up to 350bhp+
Old 14 November 2009, 05:03 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dease
I had a Clio sport and will never ever drive a Rebault again, what a pile of crap it was! Everyone I know with a Renault has had problems with it but then again I know people who wouldn't touch a Scooby for love nor money.

I am going to get rid of my Bugeye STi PPP soon as I plain and simpley can't afford it anymore, I do 400 miles a week on average with the missus and baby in tow. I got a cracking deal on insurance this year too. I have had to surgeries on my left knee so the hard clutch is not good for me.

Thinking about getting a Merc 230 Diesel Automatic as I want something ecconomic, comfy and less stress on my tired legs. I love the Scoob and the raw power of it all but cannot justify or afford a 2nd car and just roll out the Scoob every now and then so it will have to go I am afraid.

If anyone has a Diesel Merc with around 40-60k on it they are looking to swap with maybe a little cash either way for my Mica Black Bugeye STi PPP then drop me a line, car has 66K on the clock, full service and a few mods - wheels and zorst to name a few.
I was in a similar boat to you mate, leg injury and couldn't manage the clutch on my 02 Sti UK PPP - sadly sold her, drove an Auto Hyundai Coupe 2.0 - but missed the Scoob soooooooo much, I hunted for ages and finally found my JDM WRX Bug with Auto/Tiptronic box - Yipeeeeeeeee
Old 14 November 2009, 09:33 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Update!!!!!!

Scooby has gone!
Sold her for £2100 so the new owner will be on here soon
Just want to wish him all the best with her and she was a great car!

Now begins the hunt for a mint clio valver or williams will have to wait and see.

Might pop along to one of the scooby meets though u guys are legends!
Old 14 November 2009, 09:36 PM
R1CH D
Scooby Regular

Never got to meet you but all the best with your new car!!!
Old 15 November 2009, 12:06 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

That was quick Did the car go local Mark?

Your still welcome to the meets for your Flat 4 fix
Old 15 November 2009, 12:24 AM
PETER R
Scooby Regular

what about the v6 .one i detailed a few months back , no rear sears thats where the engine is lol

Old 15 November 2009, 09:07 AM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

cheers guys

pete thats a nice car.

I will pop along to the meets the car was sold to a friends boyfriend who loves his scoobies and wanted another one he was a former member on scoobynet his name is dan.
Old 15 November 2009, 12:17 PM
DYL 4N
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyNudge
cheers guys

pete thats a nice car.

I will pop along to the meets the car was sold to a friends boyfriend who loves his scoobies and wanted another one he was a former member on scoobynet his name is dan.
Oh man.

I ain't got anyone local to talk scoob too now!!!

Glad you sold it so easily, good luck with the valver.

If you wana pop along to one of the meets just give me a shout. i've put the car back to standerd now.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling the car!