Notices

did anyone attend this event in clydach?

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2009, 07:39 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did anyone attend this event in clydach?

clydach car meeting a recipe for disaster say police

reviews ?
Old 26 August 2009, 07:50 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

I didnt go to it but i know a few that did and they are car enthusiasts not Boy Racers and they said that some of the antics were dangerous and really stupid. Which spoils it and gives all modified car owners a bad name. As usual it was the Saxo and Corsa brigade that caused the problems Aswell as the "organiser" giving abuse to the public that complained and mouthed off at the police when they turned up. Simple solution to this,find out the culprits and seize their car and charge them with dangerous driving. Im not saying they shouldnt have fun but not when it may lead to innocent people getting hurt or maybe worse I would rather keep going to the legal ones in the Market itself. There is one on the 13th of september i think
Old 27 August 2009, 12:09 AM
ryan33hks
Scooby Regular

Yes i went. I thought it was quite good, lots of different styles of cars, from Mini's to a Hummer and an Escalade. But then the dipsticks arrived and as usual started upsetting people. First there was the old sliding on bread trays then just useless donuts. Seen your car inside Mr D lookes alot better without the spoiler
Old 27 August 2009, 12:15 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ryan33hks
But then the dipsticks arrived and as usual started upsetting people. First there was the old sliding on bread trays then just useless donuts.
Friends of yours Ryan?

It is the mindless idiots in their hair dryer powered shoeboxes that give any fast/modified car owners a bad name.

Last week an idiot in a Fiesta nearly mowed down a child around the corner from where I live.

When I got out of the Impreza to have a word with him he started giving it large util I asked him to get out of car so that I could have a 'private' word with him and guess what; he **** himself as well as his mate and they drove off like a saints.

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 27 August 2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 27 August 2009, 09:37 AM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Friends of yours Ryan?

It is the mindless idiots in their hair dryer powered shoeboxes that give any fast/modified car owners a bad name.

Last week an idiot in a Fiesta nearly mowed down a child around the corner from where I live.

When I got out of the Impreza to have a word with him he started giving it large util I asked him to get out of car so that I could have a 'private' word with him and guess what; he **** himself as well as his mate and they drove off like a saints.
I totally agree with cannon fodder

There is a guy who responded to this article called adam and I think he hit the nail on the head!

I dont mind going to the propper shows modified nationals,Japfest etc but hate these street legal cruise type of events!
Have you ever wondered what that £5 he is charging at the entrance is used for?
Its supposed to make it legal e.g public liability insurance, st johns ambulance,lighting,renting the land and other associated costs which the organiser didnt do or have!
The organiser said it was private propertywhich he was renting so in that case why did he not kick the troublemakers out.
A friend of mine who is a special constable was present and said it was a shambles.

WRX287. Allegedly that one is organised by the same guy aswell but dont quote me on that! I do agree with what you said although I personally boycott these as the negative attention they give just gives jo public and police more reason for hating car enthusiasts.
The organiser of the above mentioned cruise condones this behaviour on his car forum/site and has had many a falling out with the other respectable car forums/clubs ove the years.
Its his attitude towards this approach to car modifying that wrecks it for everyone else imho.

Last edited by ScoobyNudge; 27 August 2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 27 August 2009, 10:42 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ryan33hks
Yes i went. I thought it was quite good, lots of different styles of cars, from Mini's to a Hummer and an Escalade. But then the dipsticks arrived and as usual started upsetting people. First there was the old sliding on bread trays then just useless donuts. Seen your car inside Mr D lookes alot better without the spoiler
cheers mate! i much prefer it my self.

Originally Posted by ScoobyNudge
I totally agree with cannon fodder

There is a guy who responded to this article called adam and I think he hit the nail on the head!

I dont mind going to the propper shows modified nationals,Japfest etc but hate these street legal cruise type of events!
Have you ever wondered what that £5 he is charging at the entrance is used for?
Its supposed to make it legal e.g public liability insurance, st johns ambulance,lighting,renting the land and other associated costs which the organiser didnt do or have!
The organiser said it was private propertywhich he was renting so in that case why did he not kick the troublemakers out.
A friend of mine who is a special constable was present and said it was a shambles.

WRX287. Allegedly that one is organised by the same guy aswell but dont quote me on that! I do agree with what you said although I personally boycott these as the negative attention they give just gives jo public and police more reason for hating car enthusiasts.
The organiser of the above mentioned cruise condones this behaviour on his car forum/site and has had many a falling out with the other respectable car forums/clubs ove the years.
Its his attitude towards this approach to car modifying that wrecks it for everyone else imho.
i agree and disagree.

i was there when the councilors turned up. and in respect of chazx the organisor they started through insults at him. the woman was swearing and point right in the face of his girlfriend and my self. they were bang out of order. yes there are some ppl in corsa's and saxo's messing around. but unfourtunately chaz was in the police car at the time. nothing i could do and the parking attendants should of been keeping an eye on things.

we all know its kids in corsa's that ruin it! at the alike!
Old 27 August 2009, 01:13 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Quote adam from neath

I have been a member of the Swansea car scene for many years. There are at least 6 organised clubs in the Swansea area. Out of those 6 only 1 (the organisers) club actively supports this event. The rest of us have boycotted these events as we don't wish to be associated with the organisers. Please don't base your opinions of us according to the events of Sunday. The majority of responsible enthusiasts took measures to avoid Clydach market at all costs.
This has been a long time coming. When this event was first mentioned on this site a number of us voiced our opinions of what would happen. We we're not listened to. Our comments were in fact deleted. Now we have proved you wrong. And the organiser has proved us right. It was a disaster waiting to happen. I have driven through Clydach while one of these events was taking place. And as I pulled over to make a phone call. I was disgusted to see the mindless idiots this had attracted. Driving around on a main road at high speed and tyres screaming. For the first time in my life I was ashamed at the looks I received by residents. Simply because I drove a car that wouldn't look out of place at this event. There have been a lot of questions raised after Sunday. I only hope that they will be answered. And please, once again. Don't tar us with the same brush as these cretins.

This post I agree with entirely and unfortunatley this has put car enthusiasts back in the media for the wrong reasons!

Mr D if you look at half the responses by chaz's barmy army you will see what mindless attitudes they have. Also if you put that behind a wheel of a car of course its a disaster waiting to happen! If it was organised properly in the first place without cutting corners and aproaching the right authorities prior to this event the whole situation could have been avoided.

It takes more than just putting the word across to someones msn messenger list and tcc site to get a high volume turn out to make a good show!

Its a great idea to have a street legal event but these are the wrong people to orgainise it!
IMHO HAVING KNOWN the organiser for the better half of a decade I cant begin to tell you just how irresponsible his actions are!

No offence ment to you mate!

Last edited by ScoobyNudge; 27 August 2009 at 01:17 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 27 August 2009, 01:36 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyNudge

No offence ment to you mate!
no offence taken mate i hear this all the time. your not the first person.

the night would of been better planned if people actually turned up. they were left short staffed.

and as for the part about the right authorities knowing. as far as i am aware the council and police knew it was going on before it happened. chaz has the signed paper work to authorise it.