Notices

clutch pedal issue! help needed

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2009, 12:16 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch pedal issue! help needed

i have been having issues with my clutch pedal not returning to the top for the last week, it comes back up until about an inch from the top and sticks there. this was causing my clutch to slip,

after days of reading on here i tried everything i could find. i have bled the clutch and when this didnt work i got myself a new clutch slave cylinder. fitted this and bled correctly (even did it vertical) still not fixed the problem.

no i know i have a uprated clutch in the car but not sure which one it is.

is it possible that my pressure plate is now faulty and this is what my problem is.

about 3-4 weeks ago my clutch pedal started clicking when pressed. but this went and everything was fine until i noticed the slipping on the way to work last week and realsied pedal was not returning fully. i can pull it up with my foot and its ok. but its annoying and i can drive like that,

i can let go of the pedal fast and it will return but thats purely because of momentum. i have tried adjusting the threaded bar on the pedal and that hasnt worked either! that made the pedal come back properly but was bitiing on the clutch and slipping when in 4th and 5th with the foot down from low revs.

i know i write an essay, but as you can see i try saying the whole story and i check everything first before asking.

the car is a v3 sti with a few mods in the reigon of 310-320 and it doesnt get battered all the time. im like an old man a majority of the time!

any help appreciated!
Old 24 August 2009, 02:30 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

I had a similar issue with mine and it turned out to be a split pipe - think the pipe was £47 from Subaru
Old 24 August 2009, 02:39 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

what pipe is that mate. i dont see to be loosing any fluid mind.
Old 24 August 2009, 02:40 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Looking back to the day, My Renault 5 Turbo's clutch used to click - sure sign of cable/stretch and then failure through snapping - a regular thing with the 5's - i'm saying this as I don't know if the Scoob has a cable or other method of clutch operation - just a thought
Old 24 August 2009, 06:22 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a spring on the peddle ? I'm sure I have heard about this problem before.

Last edited by Silver Scooby Sport; 24 August 2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 24 August 2009, 07:10 PM
wrxgreen
Scooby Regular

this thing happened to my classic after fitting a new clutch after using the car for a few days the new clutch started to slip so had to get the clutch out again to find that the plate was damaged stopping the clucth working properly had a new clutch put in never had the problem again after that the symtoms was the pedal used to stick to the floor and not release some of the time just a thought but as your clucth is not new dont know sorry fella
Old 25 August 2009, 12:04 AM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

had this problem with my classic after clutch change my m8 done it and found a spring under the bonnet was the cause can't remeber what it was he's in thailand for a couple of weeks will ask him when he comes back will let you know prob when he comes back if u don'tfind out before

Trending Topics

Old 25 August 2009, 12:20 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

the spring is on the box and all that is there for is to aid in the comfort of the operation i believe. the pedal in our cars is run on hydrolic. so no cable unfortunately.

im going to try a new pressure plate before master cylinder. see if that help. im wasting money i was saving for my project engine which is annoying
Old 25 August 2009, 06:24 AM
Import94WRX
Scooby Regular

happens with mine sometimes mate . usually after driving hard or quick launches... normal driving it never happens to me..
Old 25 August 2009, 07:01 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Is the clutch release spring still there, I had the same symptons many moons ago and turned out this had gone AWOL
Old 26 August 2009, 08:15 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

is that the spring on top of the gearbox that would normally be under the intercooler
Old 26 August 2009, 09:10 AM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Import94WRX
happens with mine sometimes mate . usually after driving hard or quick launches... normal driving it never happens to me..
Originally Posted by simb 2
Is the clutch release spring still there, I had the same symptons many moons ago and turned out this had gone AWOL

Had the same problem with mine once when coming to the end of a session on a track day, when i spoke to ACE about it, he said either the clutch release/return spring has been removed like Si said(apparantly very common) or i'd over heated the clutch fluid and need to put better stuff in.
Never happen under normal or even fast road driving though
Old 26 August 2009, 09:24 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

its strange. because i dont hammer my car at all really. im thinking maybe it could be because i have boiled the fluid having no heat shield on turbo. but i have put new fluid in when i put new slave cylinder on.

the only thing i am being told is the pressure plate. but does anyone else recon it could be the master cylinder.

i guess people really need to feel it to be able to diagnoes properly

gearbox out on the weekend then! lol