Notices

SOUTH WALES POLICE ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2009, 06:03 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry SOUTH WALES POLICE ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

As some of you know,last week i changed my front number plate for a legal Import plate. Well today i was coming back through Neath after rescueing my sisters boyfriends Skyline after it broke AGAIN. As i was waithing to pull out of a side road a police van with 2 policemen in it drove past,so i thought nothing of it and pulled out as normal. Entered a stretch of 60mph road and i could see the van pulled in on the side of the road,so i drove past at about 50mph. And then the inevitable,all the lights came on behind me. So i stopped and the officer came to the window and said, "Do you know why ive stopped you sir?" I said not really.
He said its because of your front number plate to which i had great pleasure in showing him the British standard number to which he said. "ok thats fine" He then said. Are your tints legal on the front windows?.
I told him that id been stopped before with no problems He then said, well i can tell you they are'nt legal and if you dont remove them now he would put a prohibition on the car to stop me driving any further So now i have no front tints I think it was just because he was wrong about the plate and didnt want to look a tw@ infront of his sergent.

At least the proper criminals are getting peace RANT OVER!!
Old 10 July 2009, 06:12 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Nothing better to do with there time. He if didn't have the little machine to test the tints with I would of told him to go whistle.

But to be honest you've done well to get away with front tints for this long. It's one of there pet hates and your proberly right, If he couldn't do you for the plate then the tints it was, if he couldn't do you on them, it would of been something else
Old 10 July 2009, 07:00 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

What a nightmare mate - My Nephews friend was made subject to a Section 59 RTA order, the other night and the Police impounded his car, for getting a little out of shape on the road (Numpty) - cost him £175 to get it back, as they didn't believe he had insurance - he did - and apparently this was confirmed by Admiral, at the roadside and they still took the car !! There is a thread on here somewhere about the impounding for a section 59 and it makes interesting reading - they can impound you for basically anything that they don't like ! - Exhausts, Music too loud "tints" , intimidating other road users by having too many Performance/modded cars together on a stretch of road, the list is ruddy awfull !!!! Big AAARRRRGGGHHH !! Was the Skyline Blue with LED rear lights as I see it now again, it passes my house
Old 10 July 2009, 07:10 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gutted mate

As Danny said, w/o the little machine thingy they can't gauge how dark your tints are!! But if you had confronted him about it he may have just looked into finding something else to be an **** about!!
Old 10 July 2009, 07:13 PM
bonzee
Scooby Regular

Location: knocking on the door of 400bhp with v power smashed through it with e85

W***ERS got nothing better to do as usual
Old 10 July 2009, 07:28 PM
noblechris
Scooby Regular

i agree, they'll nick you for anything just enjoying their power trip.....

although my mot was out by one day last monday and they pulled me, first time since i've had the scoob... young copper was talking to me like a ****, the older ones talking to my m8, pulled him asside then he came back and said he'd let me off this time
Old 10 July 2009, 09:15 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

And they wonder why they get no respect

Trending Topics

Old 10 July 2009, 10:45 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that Calvin. What a fu*kin' farce. And the real criminals who break in to our cars, steal them, vandalise them and worse always seem to get away with it. Strange that
Old 11 July 2009, 12:19 AM
blockhead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

sorry to hear that!What w***ers!I got done 2 months ago for my exhaust being to loud!£30 fine.Go catch the real criminals!
Old 11 July 2009, 12:37 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Bit of an update As the police officer took my passenger side tint off. without my permission And now the window wont go down,criminal damage maybe An official complaint has been made and it is in the hands of the Chief Inspector of Neath Police Now i await getting stopped by police every time i enter the Neath and Port Talbot area,which i have been told by an Ex-Inspector will happen
Old 11 July 2009, 09:33 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Calvin without the machine to test the level of light being allowed through he could not instruct you to remove the tints. If he had real cause to pull you over he could have called on a patrol t5 or similar to come and assist him and then they could have properly tested your tints.

The fact that he even touched your car let alone pulled the tint off on the passengers door is criminal damage as I assume you did not ask him or give permission for him to remove the tint.

A work mate off mine was getting constantly pulled over by all the local constabulary after he refused to let a police officer in a 'meat' van through a gap, after the police van had parked cars on his side of the road. Eventually the police officer caught up with him pulled him over, verbally abused / threatened him, he came back to work shaking like a leaf. Anyway I advised him to make a complaint to the Police Complaints Authority and guess what the officer was transferred and all the police pullovers stopped and he got a letter of apology from the Chief Inspector.
Old 11 July 2009, 09:46 AM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx287
Bit of an update As the police officer took my passenger side tint off. without my permission And now the window wont go down,criminal damage maybe An official complaint has been made and it is in the hands of the Chief Inspector of Neath Police Now i await getting stopped by police every time i enter the Neath and Port Talbot area,which i have been told by an Ex-Inspector will happen
Good effort with making a complaint I think you should get a private plate
Old 11 July 2009, 10:09 AM
DYL 4N
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mervil
Good effort with making a complaint I think you should get a private plate

Or one with a spelling mistake. LOL
Old 11 July 2009, 01:33 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Yep I agree with Ty - they should have tested the light level with the meter, you may even have passed the test !!!! and kept the tints in place, I guess the reason the Police don't like front tints is that they cannot see tthe driver, may be disqualified etc - but they should never have pulled your tint off, what next - exhaust removal, ICE downgrades, "Sloth Wales Police Kwik Fix" maybe - I despair sometimes, you don't feel safe walking in Neath at night, you would think that would be a bigger consideration, at least the cars will be quiet and the tinted windows not so dark eh LOL - they should have given you a time period to have the tints removed proffessionally, if that was the course of action they "needed"
Old 11 July 2009, 02:11 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rally fan 555
Yep I agree with Ty - they should have tested the light level with the meter, you may even have passed the test !!!! and kept the tints in place, I guess the reason the Police don't like front tints is that they cannot see tthe driver, may be disqualified etc - but they should never have pulled your tint off, what next - exhaust removal, ICE downgrades, "Sloth Wales Police Kwik Fix" maybe - I despair sometimes, you don't feel safe walking in Neath at night, you would think that would be a bigger consideration, at least the cars will be quiet and the tinted windows not so dark eh LOL - they should have given you a time period to have the tints removed proffessionally, if that was the course of action they "needed"
That made me chuckle RallyFan555.
Takes the **** really doesn't it. The Police are a joke and not a very funny joke either. Lot's of them have no clue or even common sense whatsoever. We all see these police programmes....Night Cops...Street Crime UK...Road Wars etc and what amazes me is the way some of these coppers act. Also, how many times do the real crim's just get let off or slapped on the wrist after being found in a stolen car or worse. The Judicial system sucks in this country.
Old 11 July 2009, 03:19 PM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

You are all right they wonder why nobody likes them
Old 11 July 2009, 04:26 PM
firebug
Scooby Regular

fkin kuntz!!!! i hate em!!! theres a few alright ones but most of them are jumped up little prix who probably got bullied at school. i havnt been stopped in 3.5 years since i got done for speeding when they were parked in a sidestreet and stood behind a bush with the radar gun, tw@s. id just been to halfords to get a radar detector but they didnt have any! good job the scoob was at home, id jus got it the day before. get some well shiddy looks of them sometimes when im not even doin anything wrong.
Old 12 July 2009, 08:21 PM
stevieob111
Scooby Regular

SOUTH WALES POLICE ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

this topic should just be called

POLICE ARGHHHHHHH!!!!

there all a BIG FAT waste of space all over the country. stopping people because there cars nicer than there clapped out fiesta at home ha makes me laugh and when i do do somthing illegal and get away with it it makes me grin more :P
Old 12 July 2009, 08:30 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

It is all to do with crime detection statistics , your pullover will count as a crime detected and will boost their figures , forget the fact that somewhere in the area some poor sod was having their house turned over by some 'real' criminal.