Jap event show news.

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2008, 09:50 PM
WR1JLD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jap event show news.

Just had an email from Iain (Wimpy ) at SIDC saying

"I just need to let you know that there has been a crack down on the cars that attend the big shows during the year. They have made a point in saying that all stands at Jap events must be of that club brand and any non jap cars for that brand will not be aloud on the stand. Can you please check when adding names to lists that all members have a scoob."

Julian

Last edited by WR1JLD; 21 February 2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 20 February 2008, 09:53 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1JLD
Just had an email from Iain (Wimpy ) at SIDC saying

"I just need to let you know that there has been a crack down on the cars that attend the big shows during the year. They have made a point in saying that all stands at Jap events must be of that club brand and any non jap cars for that brand will not be aloud on the stand. Can you pleas check when adding names to lists that all members have a scoob."

Julian
don't forget the bit about having to have all the same colours together and all turning your steering wheels 1 half turn to the right

Last edited by pippyrips; 21 February 2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 20 February 2008, 09:56 PM
WRX RCY
Scooby Regular

Old 20 February 2008, 10:44 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess none subaru owner full members will be getting a membership refund then.

I would have thought that all car makes would be welcome as any income for the club should be a positive thing. I guess not

Rob, looks like you and me have been shown the door
Old 21 February 2008, 10:49 AM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kjdmk1
I guess none subaru owner full members will be getting a membership refund then.

I would have thought that all car makes would be welcome as any income for the club should be a positive thing. I guess not

good point about the refund Kev, was wondering the same myself.

Its a shame things are becoming so **** - it really is cringe worthy and enough to make me to want to be a part of it anyway
Old 21 February 2008, 12:26 PM
wimpy
Scooby Regular

Look lets get one thing straight. It is NOT a club thing i could not care less if you have a Ford, Skoda, Kia, or a skip. All this has come from the companys that put these shows on. As i said in a pm to Kev i have not kicked him off of any stand he has come to. So it is no good taking it out on me!!!

Iain
Old 21 February 2008, 03:42 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

It would appear the show organisers are trying there hardest to stop people attending!!!!

First they want us to book tickets in advance in order to go on show stands (Fast show), not normally a problem as you noramlly buy from the SIDC shop(Normally at a higher price than direct!!!) but this time they aren't bothering.

Now they won't let non brand cars on the stands either. What a **** of Sh!te, If SIDC are bending over and taking this rubbish I for one shall not be renewing my membership. It looks like if you change your car your no longer welcome.

Whats next, only blue impreza's with gold wheels allowed on the SIDC club stand???
Old 21 February 2008, 04:42 PM
wrx,sti
Scooby Regular

Whats next, only blue impreza's with gold wheels allowed on the SIDC club stand???

I'll be ok then
Old 21 February 2008, 05:36 PM
wimpy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
It would appear the show organisers are trying there hardest to stop people attending!!!!

First they want us to book tickets in advance in order to go on show stands (Fast show), not normally a problem as you noramlly buy from the SIDC shop(Normally at a higher price than direct!!!) but this time they aren't bothering.

Now they won't let non brand cars on the stands either. What a **** of Sh!te, If SIDC are bending over and taking this rubbish I for one shall not be renewing my membership. It looks like if you change your car your no longer welcome.

Santa Pod made the rule about the fast show and you always got your ticket for the event on the gate as with all Santa Pod events. The reason there is no sidc stand at the fast show was because Santa Pod wanted us to buy 60 tickets in advance before they would book us in. Would you take the chance of buying a ticket with a chance that 60 are not sold and we have no stand and no refund from the pod? i know i would not. The price of tickets in the shop is decided by me so you will have to take it up with Phil on that one. I hope they dont say blue cars only as i wont be there as mine aint blue. As for membership that is each persons choice the club is not just about shows.

I hope this makes things clearer for you.

Iain
Old 21 February 2008, 07:11 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wimpy
Santa Pod made the rule about the fast show. The reason there is no sidc stand at the fast show was because Santa Pod wanted us to buy 60 tickets in advance before they would book us in.

Iain
Will this policy be adopted by Santa Pod at every Jap event that they will be hosting this year ?
Old 21 February 2008, 07:38 PM
wimpy
Scooby Regular

No it is just the fast show that have made it pay first. we are already booked in for PTM. Details up soon.

Iain
Old 21 February 2008, 07:48 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

No it is just the fast show that have made it pay first. we are already booked in for PTM. Details up soon.

Iain
I can't understand them, already they have lost money as I was looking forward to the first show of the year along with quite a few others... needless to say they will not be getting my money that weekend now and if they have adopted this policy with other clubs I bet most will not attend either, the door dingers and mud will not be getting my custom.
Old 21 February 2008, 09:07 PM
wimpy
Scooby Regular

Santa Pod have assured me that the fast show is the only event that has done it that way and i have already booked the sidc a 80 car stand at the PTM show at the pod

Iain
Old 21 February 2008, 09:19 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Guys

Please don't shoot the messenger here

We work our socks off here for the enjoyment of running the club and all the pleasure we get from organising a good event.

There are some of the shows that are trying to avoid club stands becoming car parks

But please remember membership is not just about shows Kev your previous ro has proudly driven a lotus and run a succesful fun region for many years and is still valued SIDC Member regardless of what he drives

All Iain was trying to get across was that some shows are going along this line and was trying to give some advance notice to your RO

So please give Iain and the SIDC a little break here we are on the same side

See you at an SIDC event soon
Old 21 February 2008, 09:20 PM
milf hunter
Scooby Regular

[quote=kjdmk1;7672687]I guess none subaru owner full members will be getting a membership refund then.

GET OFF MY STAND
Old 21 February 2008, 09:40 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

You are more than welcome

What We are saying is that for example Japfest organisers are only allowing Japanese cars in the club areas

We have 3 Choices

1. Sell tickets to everybody RESULT Member turns up in a non jap car and is refused entry by ORGANISERS

2. Sell tickets to everybody with a warning that THIS EVENT HAS CERTAIN CONDITIONS - RESULT Member is not embarraresed by being turned away

3. Boycott a succesful Event - RESULT Those wanting to go to the event with go with another club who are happy to abide by the rules

THESE RULES ARE BEING IMPOSED BY SOME SHOW ORGANISERS NOT ALL

Just trying to keep you guys informed
Old 21 February 2008, 10:25 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Santa Pod have assured me that the fast show is the only event that has done it that way and i have already booked the sidc a 80 car stand at the PTM show at the pod

Iain
I'm not having a dig at you guys regarding this subject and I do appreciate the amount of work being put into organising etc... I just find Pod's attitude a little strange to say the least regarding advanced paying for spaces, I can't see that many other clubs could risk booking up for this either.
We shall have to see how good the reviews are going to be on this as I bet there will be quite a few clubs missing in general.

Originally Posted by phil_stephens
What We are saying is that for example Japfest organisers are only allowing Japanese cars in the club areas

THESE RULES ARE BEING IMPOSED BY SOME SHOW ORGANISERS NOT ALL
Thanks for being more comprehensive in the reason behind this one Phil, I had wondered where that one had come from myself.
Old 21 February 2008, 10:40 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

I am interested to see what happens at the Fast Show as historically we have always been able to pay on the gate. ONLY TIME WILL TELL ON THIS

no problem re the explanation as I said we are on the same side here
Old 21 February 2008, 10:55 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Kev could I also clarify how we look after our members

We were told specifically ONLY RALLY CARS at Rallyday this year

As Club Members we ensured your Lotus and another members RS4 got onto our stand

WE ARE ONLY BEING UPFRONT TO OUR MEMBERS ITS NOT OUR POLICY
Old 21 February 2008, 10:56 PM
wimpy
Scooby Regular

As Phil has said only time will tell.

Iain
Old 22 February 2008, 02:43 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kev could I also clarify how we look after our members

We were told specifically ONLY RALLY CARS at Rallyday this year

As Club Members we ensured your Lotus and another members RS4 got onto our stand

The Elise is a rally car, one running in the French tarmac championship and we had one in the recent Wye dean rally. there are a few other rally versions kicking around as well
Would rally day have kicked out the prodrive built Aston rally car ...... No I don't think so!

Might have been better to have posted an expiation from the start

Last edited by KJD Mk1; 22 February 2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 22 February 2008, 03:23 PM
milf hunter
Scooby Regular

And the end of the day can you just tell me what events my car can attend and which ones it cant or just ban anything non Subaru from the club so that we all know where we stand

Old 22 February 2008, 03:50 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the claification Phil. The first post which caused this suggested otherwise.

p.s.

I would argue that a Quattro RS4 has plenty of rally heritage so shouldn’t need much defending - Rallyday even gave them their own stand!

Last edited by pippyrips; 22 February 2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 22 February 2008, 09:05 PM
WR1JLD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pippyrips
Cheers for the claification Phil. The first post which caused this suggested otherwise

The FIRST POST suggested that at the big Jap car events that only Subaru's will be allowed on the SUBARU Impreza Drivers Club Stand!!

Or is this not the Case now

If you do own a Subaru there is no need to get your Knickers in a twist

Julian.

Last edited by WR1JLD; 22 February 2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 22 February 2008, 09:58 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

I am not sure where the hostility is coming from !

I spent the day at Brands finalizing the Show and Track Day calanders for this year

I will clarify what if any restrictions when this is published in True Grip
Old 22 February 2008, 10:26 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Originally Posted by WR1JLD
The FIRST POST suggested that at the big Jap car events that only Subaru's will be allowed on the SUBARU Impreza Drivers Club Stand!!

Or is this not the Case now

If you do own a Subaru there is no need to get your Knickers in a twist

Julian.