Notices

how to do it

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2006, 09:31 AM
simon smith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to do it

alright i want to fit a front mounted intercooler iv got a 2000 model last of the classics its a uk one, is it hard to fit cos i want to do it my self, any pics for me to see what it looks like and where ever thing goes, thanks
Old 05 March 2006, 09:50 AM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by simon smith
alright i want to fit a front mounted intercooler iv got a 2000 model last of the classics its a uk one, is it hard to fit cos i want to do it my self, any pics for me to see what it looks like and where ever thing goes, thanks
Send silver scooby sport a pm he has a load of pic's from when some of the lads did 2 classic's.
Old 05 March 2006, 10:16 AM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

its not to bad to fit what fmic have you got,we fitted two hybrid fm but the kit is missing a samco to go on the back of the inlet manifold so you will have to get one of these before you start dan knows what size and where to get one from.its not hard to do but be prepaired for lots of cutting of the bumper and some bodywork also.allow a whole day but if i was doing it on mine i would allow two just incase there is any probs.handy tip put all the screws into a plastic tub,if you lose one you could be scratching your head for hours.
Old 05 March 2006, 10:27 AM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

As daz says, it's not very hard. We took an hour to strip the bumper (You have to cut two bolts off), head lights, Side lights, Indicators, fog lights, undertray.

On both cars we've done we have found alot of rust on the bumper support bar, This seems to have been made out of some really cheap thin low grade steel and then painted with poster paint. So be prepared to clean/repair and repaint that, hamerite is very good for this.

An hour to align and mount the FMIC, we had to grind off the excess metal under the towing eyes. another hour to cut the inner wing and feed all the pipes and connect.

allow three hours to cut the bumper!!!!! we used a dremmel both times and found this very easy. The reason I say three hours is you won't beleive how much bumper has top be removed, so take a little at a time. Your only left with about an 2" infront of the FMIC!!!!!!

An hour to put eveything back on and jobs a good un

We did this with around 6 people so doing it on your own is goner take alot longer
Old 05 March 2006, 12:11 PM
simon smith
Scooby Regular

ok thanks, i guess i wont be doing it my self il have a little think might get someone els to do it, thanks for helping anyway.
Old 05 March 2006, 12:48 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You rang

Here is Danny's famous thread

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=459536
Old 05 March 2006, 01:42 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by simon smith
ok thanks, i guess i wont be doing it my self il have a little think might get someone els to do it, thanks for helping anyway.
dont be put off if you can use a spanner go for it if its the cutting the bumper that puts you off take that into a body shop and there do it.were here if you need advise.