Notices

where's everybody gone

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2001, 10:20 AM
Richiehash
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

a full week since anybody has posted anything here.where is everyone?
theres loads of imprezas in the area(i've seen at least 8 or 9 within 5 miles of bridgend and about 4 legacys as well).
perhaps there is some kind of inverse posting theory whereby the more scoobs are about the less postings are made.
come on chaps (and chapesses)whats going on?
richie
Old 26 August 2001, 01:55 PM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

hi richie
its dead here init, nothing seems to happen here at all, a few scoobs around swansea, what happend to pub meets ?
mark
Old 26 August 2001, 04:02 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Well ya have less than two weeks before the Wales Camping Trip 3 - which will cover most parts of Cymru with at least two pub stops and a, er, camp.

Express your interest in
Old 27 August 2001, 09:38 AM
DAVE-W
Scooby Regular

Wink

With such few posts in the Welsh forum it makes my job as Moderator very easy

Seriously though, we need to sort something out....pub meet....karting....a drive somewhere....anyone heard from Ceri lately?

David
Old 27 August 2001, 06:40 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Dave, Thought you and Ceri must have run off together as its been so long since youve both been on here.

Seriously though lets get together soon. Maybe one evening over the next few weeks. I'll post a time date and location here in the next few days.

Geoff.
Old 27 August 2001, 06:46 PM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

can we have something on the weekend as i always work monday to friday
mark
Old 27 August 2001, 09:40 PM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by DAVE-W:
<B>With such few posts in the Welsh forum it makes my job as Moderator very easy

Seriously though, we need to sort something out....pub meet....karting....a drive somewhere....anyone heard from Ceri lately?

David[/quote]

What happened to the last karting night that was arranged for 17th Aug. Good job we didn't pay our deposits as we wouldn't have got them refunded. A couple of people posted asking if this was still happening but no one answered.

Old 28 August 2001, 12:39 AM
bob
Scooby Regular

I have been to 2 Welsh pub meets, a drive through the valleys (chassed by plod ) and a dealers day out. All this and I’m from Bristol. I keep my eye out for meets in Wales as do lots of other Bristol people but there are not many. Why not organise a meet on the weekend and stick to the day you say. Remember some like to come to the meets with their family so a pub with children’s facilities would be fine. The first meets I went to in Wales had very good turnouts.

[This message has been edited by bob (edited 28 August 2001).]
Old 28 August 2001, 05:46 PM
cpofwales
Scooby Regular

sorry for the abcence I have been away with work, and have not been able to get hold of my password to post on here. As for the pub meetings, we agreed on the first thursday of every month, and the run I promised will be coming very soon.
Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend the meet next week as I am going to trax and then straight on holiday abroad. The run will be a full day out with about 4 to 5 stops around various location, it will be done in groups of no more than 5 cars travelling at different speeds with the loonies setting of last so we all arrive together, everyony coming will be sent a map and day plan so nobody gets lost. Hope to set this up for the end of september. As for karting, I no received messages (except you richie, thanks) with regards to deposits, and neither did supakart for our session, so it was cancelled at the loss of my own deposit, therefore any karting sessions will be held at either llandow or stormy were you can turn up if you want to. Also it looks as though the llandow track day is back on, with a substantially lower prices and only 30 cars,dates TBA.
So if anyone fancies karting or a get together down here or at trax on sunday, post back.

regards,

ceri

PS dave, can you give me a call, I lost your new number.

Old 29 August 2001, 09:43 AM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

If you look at the thread started by Richie,Is the carting still on then you will see a couple of other postings on there as well. I think they count as messages. As for paying deposits, I enquired with Supakart every week on a Saturday to see if anyone else had paid there deposits coz if so then I would have paid ours. They told me they had not received any, so therefore I was not going to loose my deposits.

If future, if someone is going to organise an event, then I think it would be nice of them to keep people up to date with whats going on.

I'm not having a go at anyone, but I'm just annoyed that I had got a sitter arranged and everything for this event.

Flame suit off now.

Tracey
Old 29 August 2001, 10:05 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Wink

Women, always moaning.
Old 29 August 2001, 10:07 PM
DAVE-W
Scooby Regular

Wink

Chip,

Me and Ceri running off together ... ROTFLMAO......don't go starting rumours like that m8, we'll never live it down

Ceri,

Have e-mailed you my new mobile number m8....save it this time!!!!!

Don't think I'll be able to make a pub meet on First Thursday this month but will definately be up for a run mid / late September. Ceri-give me a call and we can do a recce of the roads up through mid Wales and plan a route.

See you all soon.

David
Old 30 August 2001, 09:19 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

I must almost qualify as an Honourary member of your little welsh forum due to the amount of time I have spent on recces over the past few months.

You are all quite welcome to come along to any of the Wales Camping Trip 3 on the 8th/9th September and meet a very frienddly crowd from Midland/Northern/Etc.

We will 'doing' most of Wales, so wherever you are from be sure to pop along & say Hi

Mail me if you want to meet up with us somehwere, give me the area & I will let you know a suitable meet point.

Chris
Old 03 September 2001, 06:01 PM
Plodwyn
Scooby Newbie

Does anyone intend to meet at the Trysha(?) Inn this Thursday? Felt like a lemon last month as no one else turned up! Mind you after a couple of pints of Directors and with the misses driving home it wasn't all bad!

Plodwyn
Old 03 September 2001, 11:06 PM
Richiehash
Scooby Regular

Talking

working wed and thur night so i'm stuffed
richie