Notices

Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2005, 10:00 PM
NoCatSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Body Kits

Just had a look a the Zero Sports body kits on David Hendry Cars what do you think, i am thinking of crimbo present to myself. front spoiler rear wing and maybe rear bumper, i have the blob eye V7 STI. I really like this kit, but has anyone seen anything better?
Old 11 November 2005, 10:01 PM
NoCatSTI
Scooby Regular

http://www.dhcars.co.uk/ website for David Hendry Cars
Old 12 November 2005, 09:44 AM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not quite my taste I'm afraid.... and that's a lot of cash to spend, have you had anything alse done to the car at all ? I would be tempted to treat myself to some suspension work if your running standard form and some new alloys.

If your keen on body kits have a good look on here

NASIOC

The American's have a style growing all of their own and it's quite interesting.

Check out the Greddy kit.

Clicky

Simon
Old 12 November 2005, 10:03 AM
NoCatSTI
Scooby Regular

Thanks Simon, I have the TSL 333 and full group N (No CATS) exhaust fitted, I was wondering about suspension, does it make that much diference? I have looked at this site quite a bit and noticed you guys like Powerstation, i may well come along next time you go there as i have now just about completed the work on my house and nearly have a finished garage! need a roller shutter door then i am in. Which suspension do you recomend, i use the car daily V7 STI WR Blue.... cheers Paul
Old 12 November 2005, 12:59 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Hi Paul, TSL333 very nice indeed !!!

You should keep an eye on here and when we have a another local meet pop along and meet the gang... we all run slightly different mods so that will give you a good idea of what direction to look in.
If you want a good all around suspension you could either go Eibach or if you want to stay with OEM try the Prodrive spring kit.
I'm running H&R myself and that lowers the car more than the Eibach set up.
kjdmk1 (kev) and Trap2 (Richie) are both running Eibachs I dare say they will let you know there thoughts on them... both had the done at PS... they are the suspension experts around here for sure.
I've run Eibachs on my old Sport and they are great but went with H&R on this one to get the car lower still.

It's not just the springs Paul it's the 4 wheel alignment that make a massive difference if you wish then to take a step further uprated drop links and adjustable anti roll bar that are worth considering. With the BHP your running it will transform your car and you will then be able to use it to the full potential.

Do you find you have understeer at all ? and does the car tend to wander on the road at all ?
Old 12 November 2005, 04:29 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Hi Paul, nice to hear from you .

I don't live too far from Pencoed myself and travel to work in Bridgend every day, so we may pass each other from time to time. It would be good to see you at the meets, they're normally a source of inspiration (and expense ) if you're looking for the next mod.

To answer your question on new springs, I had the Eibach's fitted (+geometry setup) at the same time as my remap and the difference in cornering ability is superb. The cars stays much flatter on the bends but and hasn't compromised the ride comfort. My MY01 WRX is an everyday car too so I can definately vouch for the Eibach's.

If you're looking for something a bit more hardcore and expensive, you could try the Powerstation T25 suspension upgrade. This comes with adjustable dampers and arb, etc. It's £1800 inc VAT but seems like good value for what you get.

There's a guy on here called John (SN user is BIGBRAKES) who had the T25 kit put on and he seems well chuffed with it.

Rich.
Old 12 November 2005, 09:12 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

or you could go with coilovers but ive got no fillings left and i need a sports bra every time i go out in the car.ive not been in richies car so i cant say what the rides like but i have been in si's and h&r springs are good there firm but not too firm and although it looks low it doesnt scratch on any speed ramps even with me (fat b stard)sat in the back.
Old 13 November 2005, 05:12 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

i've seen the zero sports kit first hand while mine was being serviced. The whole car just didn't look right - the rear spolier looks like its been nicked from an alfa!

the changes i've made to my blob-eye sti have been wheels, suspensin and a scott lowe front lip spolier - personally don't think there is anything else bodywise worth doing

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/pippyrips/s.jpg
Old 13 November 2005, 06:11 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Old 14 November 2005, 12:46 AM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Rob if thats your car, it looks bloody gorgeous.

It looks abit differrent in the flesh.

Fancy a swap
Old 14 November 2005, 11:20 AM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I ain't of fan of body kits, but the zero stuff is slightly better than the other crap out there. But at the end of the day, if you want it, get it. But personally I'd be spending money elsewhere.

Rob, it does look bloody gorgeous even with the sparkle on the front grill!!!!!!!!
Old 14 November 2005, 07:29 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matscooby
Rob if thats your car, it looks bloody gorgeous.

It looks abit differrent in the flesh.

Fancy a swap
you cheeky ba*stard - of course its my car!!! mind you it had just recieved a 'si style' clean so that could be the reason

Last edited by pippyrips; 14 November 2005 at 07:33 PM.
Old 19 November 2005, 05:55 PM
NoCatSTI
Scooby Regular

Thanks all, Yes my car does wander a bit at times and suffers at high speed from bump steer, which is a worry at times, as for understeer it is fairly neautral. i had the car set up at CVC last year as the car pulled to the left.. it stopped that, but still not as planted as it was. I have now finished my garage build on the side of my house and i am determined to come out and meet you guys. when is the next meet? Ps sorry i did not reply sooner but was working v long days (I am in the RAF) I agree it would be very beneficial to actually see and discuss mods.... I really like the look of the new JDM Brilliant White v9 as seen in Scooby magazine... Or do i modify mine?? Cheers guys , Paul
Old 19 November 2005, 05:57 PM
NoCatSTI
Scooby Regular

And that cars mint.... a bit close to the bins tho, lol, framing your shot is everything!!