Bad news!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2003, 02:33 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi folks,

I have just had the bad news from work that we have lost all of our work in Wales and scotland and we are to be made redundant or relocated to england if we want to. Lucky for me at the moment though i have been on the sick for the last 6 weeks due to an injury in work, and our company policy is to pay full pay while we have a valid sick not, as the company is still trading in England.

So if anyone has a trees they want felling,crown reducing etc i'm your man. So i will have plenty of time at the moment to come on scoobynet and mess about with me scoob.

Been thinking lately of getting out of tree work, and are thinking about doing a LGV course as i'm now getting on a bit if anyone can give me any advise on good training companys.

Any way i'm off to pick up Charlotte now from her first day back at school.

James.
Old 02 September 2003, 11:28 PM
cat^-_-^
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about that James.
Will keep an ear out for any work round here.
Maybe the tree guy that we know will have some ideas.

Wont do any harm to do the LGV thing, give you more options at least.Hope your ok and that the first day back at school went well with the little one

Look out for getting repetitive strain injury with all the swissol polishing that will be going on now with more free time!!
wax on ..... wax off .... wax on .....wax off!!

Old 02 September 2003, 11:44 PM
carl555
Scooby Regular

Arrow

James, Gutted to hear this mate. Although you seem to be looking at new alternatives - which I think is a great idea. Hope you get yourself sorted.

BTW – haven’t got any trees for you to cut down – cut the dam things down myself a few years ago, as they were just where I was extending my driveway !!!!

All the best, Carl.
Old 03 September 2003, 12:01 AM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you mate. I'll keep an ear out for anyone doing any training cos I work for a training provider but we don't do LGV. Went past your house today but cos your pick wasn't there I thought you were at work if I'd known you were home I'd have given you a knock, should be at CK again in a couple of weeks so if your car is there I'll pop by.

Dave
Old 03 September 2003, 08:49 AM
redwrx
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you mate .....

I'll keep my ears and eyes open round here, but im guessing its a bit far to travel..

Scooby, what line of training are you into .... Me too, Chemical Engineering and IT.

Frank
Old 03 September 2003, 10:32 AM
TURBORAY
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

sorry tohear this mate !

it's a good idea to get on a training course for hgv,i know there are a couple of hgv training schools localy ,huw williams in anglsey is one which isn't to far for you to go, and there is always jobs going for people with class one and two hgv licence holders ,as we know in work from previous experiance's when we are busy these driving agencies can't supply them as there seems to be such high demand for these class of drivers and there isn't enough drivers on there books .
Old 03 September 2003, 10:48 PM
cat^-_-^
Scooby Regular

Hi Redwrx,

Dave assesses retail, warehouse and is a fork lift truck instructor. Wow! how many sssss's are in assesses!!! ;D
I'm a primary school teacher just if you wanted to know!!
Old 17 September 2003, 03:43 AM
sian bach
Scooby Newbie

can i just interupt here, i know its rude but who's scoobyfella from pwllheli, i live when back home in nefyn any clues for me??
Old 17 September 2003, 10:37 AM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Hi Sian,

Yep that's me i live in Pwllheli , MY00 DBM with a few mods. How are you? What scooby do you have then? Might see you around some time, if your this way.

James

[Edited by scoobyfella - 9/17/2003 11:50:10 PM]
Old 17 September 2003, 05:47 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi James

gutted about you job

BTW the post above has too much info (address) if you know what i mean??

Steve
Old 17 September 2003, 11:54 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Hi steve,

Thanks for that mate, didn't realise what it looked like, or what i put. Best not to publish your address on line i guess, you tend to forget anyone can view on here as well.

Anyway about a run, do you fancy the run with the south mancs lot at the end of this month? If no one else had sorted a route i was thinking of taking them a similar way to the run we did before (maybe not the very small lanes though
What do you think?

Cheers James.

p.s i notice you doing a bit of road rallying, hows it going?
Old 18 September 2003, 12:08 AM
carl555
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi James
I sent you an email regarding this run - did you get it or have you got a new email address?

Will have to have an email chat about a route !!!
Carl.......
Old 18 September 2003, 12:12 AM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Hi Carl,

How are you?, no i haven't changed e-mail but, i didn't get an e-mail of you either strange though. Yea we will have to sort something out. Do you have any ideas? i think they are after us sorting a run out for the Sunday.

Iv'e got plenty of time anyway, just pottering about around the house, no i tell a lie i am doing up the attic while i'm off doing some pointing on the gable ends tommorow.

Chat again soon

James.
Old 18 September 2003, 12:19 AM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

I was up your way the other day getting a service at the dreaded threeways, when i got home checked the oil the next day, and it was only half way up the dipstick. Gave them a call and they said pop in and we will top it up, yea right i said a 140 mile round trip to top up the oil i don't think so. I have brought some and they are gonna knock it of my next service. (who said i ws going back) mind you i said that last time. Also they told me my front brakes were seized i said "what" went to see the mechanic they were just binding a fraction a bit of dust in there. Anyway they freed it up and charged me £20 for a 5 minute job, another £175 for an oil+filter change plus a stamp in the book.

Boy i wish there was somewhere closer.

James.
Old 18 September 2003, 12:31 AM
carl555
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Urrrggg - I hate it when you have bad experiences there - I use them cos they are so close but expect the worst everytime!!!
TBH - They have been good for me !!

Did the guy on the desk give you different story to the mechanic about your brakes ?!?

Anyway in the middle of an email so hopefuly Y will HM soon !!!
Carl.....

Old 18 September 2003, 12:43 AM
carl555
Scooby Regular

Arrow

James - YHM - hopefully
Old 18 September 2003, 10:14 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi James

No probs m8

NO small lanes!! thats what made the last run (for me anyway)

Rallying should be back on track, got me a little nova, sump guard arrives next week and i sent my entry form off for the JD Romain (Novice) rally which is at St Asaph 1st week in Oct. I hope we dont get lost too quickly (not like last time

Im on a bit of a downer at the mo as i fitted a Peco Big Bore 4 to the nova last night AND IT NOW SOUNDS BETTER THAN THE SCOOB

See ya soon

Steve