Notices

WRX STI Type RA

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2002, 10:03 AM
Catalunya Pete
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave was this your car I saw parked outside the leisure centre on Tuesday afternoon?

Whats the spec on the type RA as I haven't heard much about them.
Old 19 June 2002, 06:44 PM
DAVE-W
Scooby Regular

Pete,

Yes it was my car m8. I saw you drive past, slow down, check out the car and speed away. I thought to myself... now who's that?

Its not full RA spec. The little guy in Japan had it fitted with the close ratio RA box and had the ABS removed (apparently).

The full RA version has the close ratio box, no ABS, roof vent, IC water spray and a few other gizmos as I understand.

So its part RA LOL

Are you from my area? I've seen you on one other occasion when I was driving the missus car.

Dave
Old 20 June 2002, 02:46 PM
Catalunya Pete
Scooby Regular

Yes I live local I was calling in to pick my son up, seen your car outside on the road last week so kept an eye out for it again.

That's a pretty big pipe you've got on what is it? Also like the look of those Godspeed brakes, I gather you're very happy with them, are the back ones needed or are just fronts good enough as I'm thinking of getting these ?

I'd be suprised if you could tell I was in a scooby as it's been caked in Mid Wales crud since the weekend, back to it's best now after some tlc last night.
Old 22 June 2002, 01:27 PM
DAVE-W
Scooby Regular

Smile

Pete,

The exhaust is made by Apexi and was on the car when it came from Japan-it's from the cat back and yes, that tailpipe is pretty big

I am very pleased with the Godspeed brakes....the rears aren't essential-I just had them because I'm a tart and I like everything to match

Dave