Notices
Trader Announcements Announcements (including special offers, product/service information) made by Authorised Advertisers

2.1 Stroker, more results!

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2010, 10:50 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.1 Stroker, more results!

Thought it was time we came back to this one, now with new owner.
GT35/42R flowed heads Cosworth cams, valves and titanium retainers.
Old 27 September 2010, 11:00 PM
Toffee
Scooby Regular

stunning results Alan
Old 27 September 2010, 11:07 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Would be great as a track based engine configuration.
Old 28 September 2010, 07:25 AM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Originally Posted by Shaun
Would be great as a track based engine configuration.
That's what it's for!
It isn't at all bad on the road as it happens, and can hit 35mpg according to the owner..
Old 28 September 2010, 08:20 AM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery
That's what it's for!
It isn't at all bad on the road as it happens, and can hit 35mpg according to the owner..
Superb result. 35mpg what rolling down a hill in 5th
Old 28 September 2010, 10:43 AM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ciaran
Superb result. 35mpg what rolling down a hill in 5th
Scott achieved that all the way back to Scotland. I'm sure it isn't downhill from here!
Old 28 September 2010, 12:59 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Must of been driving like a "virtual" woman then, assuming that was an average.... I couldn't get that off boost at 14 afr on a MAF!! I'm not even sure I would want to either.
Old 28 September 2010, 01:31 PM
StuS
Scooby Regular

Is this a methanol mix Alan?
Old 28 September 2010, 01:32 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Arf is lucky to see 16 mpg...

LOL

dunx

P.S. Fabulous car, it's all in the mapping... a long time has passed since I was last scared by a car's acceleration, it's that quick !
Old 28 September 2010, 01:42 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StuS
Is this a methanol mix Alan?
Yep, he's all ready to go play now.
Old 28 September 2010, 01:55 PM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stunning results
Old 28 September 2010, 04:26 PM
P555SBR
Scooby Regular

alan are they the same rods and pistons you use in all your 2.1 builds
Old 28 September 2010, 08:10 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

well what can i say,after around 6 months of running on vpower at 600+ i thought it was high time i took the car back to meet its maker to map it on methanol.seeing as its around a five hour drive to alan jeffereys i had to make a weekend of it.the car was dropped off on monday morning and within no time at all it was on the dyno to check all was well.after a cuppa i was lent a car and i went off to see the sights while martyn got to work on mapping and setting up the anti lag+launch control.only a few hours had past when i rang and was given the good news,650bhp yup thatl do nicely.alan kept the car over night to make sure everything was ok before i made the journey back home today.so i went round to pick the car up this morning were i was met by my car all washed and clean and ready to go.after another cuppa and good chat with alan and martyn i was ready for the journey home.as it was raining on the way home i didnt get much space to test it out so when i got back i took it for a little test.OMG what a difference,you have got to be lightning fast with the gear changes as before you can blink its hitting the limiter.i carnt wait for the scooby shootout on sunday now to see what it can really do.i really want to say a massive thanks to alan for being so hospitable and an even bigger thanks to martyn for doing a spot on job of the mapping,i am more than happy with how it drives and performs.
Old 28 September 2010, 08:23 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

How fast will she go Mister ?

dunx

P.S. How's your lass ? No nose-bleeds this time I hope
Old 28 September 2010, 08:24 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigarf
well what can i say,after around 6 months of running on vpower at 600+ i thought it was high time i took the car back to meet its maker to map it on methanol.seeing as its around a five hour drive to alan jeffereys i had to make a weekend of it.the car was dropped off on monday morning and within no time at all it was on the dyno to check all was well.after a cuppa i was lent a car and i went off to see the sights while martyn got to work on mapping and setting up the anti lag+launch control.only a few hours had past when i rang and was given the good news,650bhp yup thatl do nicely.alan kept the car over night to make sure everything was ok before i made the journey back home today.so i went round to pick the car up this morning were i was met by my car all washed and clean and ready to go.after another cuppa and good chat with alan and martyn i was ready for the journey home.as it was raining on the way home i didnt get much space to test it out so when i got back i took it for a little test.OMG what a difference,you have got to be lightning fast with the gear changes as before you can blink its hitting the limiter.i carnt wait for the scooby shootout on sunday now to see what it can really do.i really want to say a massive thanks to alan for being so hospitable and an even bigger thanks to martyn for doing a spot on job of the mapping,i am more than happy with how it drives and performs.
Hey, it was our pleasure to meet up with the two of you. I honestly thought you all wore furs living that far North!
Have a good time at the weekend buddy.
Old 28 September 2010, 08:28 PM
StuS
Scooby Regular

Your weekends are Monday to Tuesday?!

Nice result there Arf - phone up JennyChem and get yourself a nice barrel of methanol. They called me up the other day and offered free booze if I bought another barrel

I'm just waiting for Alan+Martyn to stop being so busy, and then I can get the car back down there for a tweak!
Old 28 September 2010, 08:29 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P555SBR
alan are they the same rods and pistons you use in all your 2.1 builds
Pretty much! We're using Wiseco and K1 for most engine builds, although we are expecting some developments soon, in the interests of offering the best possible range of choice.
We've used products from Wossner, Wiseco, JE and Cosworth with complete success.
Old 28 September 2010, 08:31 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Your weekends are Monday to Tuesday?!

Nice result there Arf - phone up JennyChem and get yourself a nice barrel of methanol. They called me up the other day and offered free booze if I bought another barrel

I'm just waiting for Alan+Martyn to stop being so busy, and then I can get the car back down there for a tweak!
On this rare occasion, you actually have credit!
Old 28 September 2010, 08:33 PM
StuS
Scooby Regular

Surely that gives me priority Alan?

Seriously - give me a shout when you've got room and I'll come down to cash in my EngineTuner gift vouchers
Old 28 September 2010, 08:37 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I want one ! do you take nectar points !
Old 28 September 2010, 08:41 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
How fast will she go Mister ?

dunx

P.S. How's your lass ? No nose-bleeds this time I hope
i only got one word from are lass.that was,ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.
Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery
Hey, it was our pleasure to meet up with the two of you. I honestly thought you all wore furs living that far North!
Have a good time at the weekend buddy.
i most certainly will.
[QUOTE=StuS;9625326]Your weekends are Monday to Tuesday?!

/QUOTE]
no my weekends are fri to tues.

Last edited by bigarf; 28 September 2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 28 September 2010, 09:34 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53WRX
I want one ! do you take nectar points !
No, but we accept winning lottery tickets..
Old 28 September 2010, 09:36 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Surely that gives me priority Alan?

Seriously - give me a shout when you've got room and I'll come down to cash in my EngineTuner gift vouchers
I'll give Martyn the nod, and ask him to call you.
Old 28 September 2010, 10:09 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by bigarf
Genuinely pleased for you.... considering some of the issues you have had with other builds.

It's always nice when people are happy... finally.
Old 28 September 2010, 11:30 PM
Olly.Wrx
Scooby Regular

Wow amazing results,nice work again at enginetuner !!
Old 29 September 2010, 07:24 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaun
Genuinely pleased for you.... considering some of the issues you have had with other builds.

It's always nice when people are happy... finally.
thanks shaun,yes i can honestly say i am over the moon with this engine.as you may already know i have had my fair share of dodgy builds, but this one has shown me that not all engine builders are the same.i was pretty gobsmacked with how friendly,honest and proffesional everyone down at enginetuner were.i understand that running a car at this level,that it could let go at anytime,but up to now its done exactly what it says on the tin,and when it is time to be taken out for what ever reason,i know who will be doing the work on it.
Old 29 September 2010, 09:04 AM
CupraR
Scooby Regular

Now that's what I call a great RR graph, Torque line is superb.

I've told you before it was a good map, super smooth. I'm very impressed, good work guy's.

Might have a ride over on Sunday to spectate.
Old 29 September 2010, 03:59 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CupraR
Now that's what I call a great RR graph, Torque line is superb.

I've told you before it was a good map, super smooth. I'm very impressed, good work guy's.

Might have a ride over on Sunday to spectate.
theres nothing like a nice curve now is there.
let us know if your going sunday and you can tag along with the rest of us if you like.
Old 29 September 2010, 07:22 PM
CupraR
Scooby Regular

Yeah I'll let you know, I was going to play it by ear and see what the weather's doing.

Need to put a few miles on it.
Old 04 October 2010, 11:49 PM
Grant74
Scooby Regular

Do you have any graphs with more modest powers? Im interested in how early they can spool on a non avcs engine.

Im currently running a twin scroll engine in a classic, but its only really turning on just after 3k, and as I do a few hillclimbs, spool is everything!! My friends evo6 also spools hard from before 2.5k on an 18g and it annoys the hell out of me!

Quick Reply: 2.1 Stroker, more results!