Notices
Trader Announcements Announcements (including special offers, product/service information) made by Authorised Advertisers

HUD heads up display worlds first full colour GPS system

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2005, 12:33 PM
Drivesmart
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink HUD heads up display worlds first full colour GPS system

We are planning on releasing Q1 2006 the worlds first full colour GPS HUD.
2 versions planned one that connects direct to the Drivesmart system and another that has a Drivesmart on board.
Link to see pictures and more info!
http://www.drive-smart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29
Old 18 November 2005, 03:12 PM
Drivesmart
Scooby Regular

Default Here is the video of the test mode

Here is a link to the movie of the HUD in test mode,We can project moving images etc easily as well with this.
http://www.drive-smart.co.uk/video001.3gp
Old 20 November 2005, 09:07 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

do you have a player that can play this file? I know its 3gp, but I dont really fancy transfering it to my phone just so I can watch it.

also do you have an expected price as yet?

Jamo
Old 20 November 2005, 09:19 AM
Drivesmart
Scooby Regular

Default Viewer

Goto www.download.com and download classic video player,Its free software and can even play your dvd movies on your PC.
Price to be announced later next month but it will be totally affordable like all our other products
Old 20 November 2005, 10:26 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

I cannot find that player, can you direct link to it please?

anyhow put my name down as an interested party please.

j4mou@hotmail.com
Old 20 November 2005, 07:07 PM
Drivesmart
Scooby Regular

Default Player

Try Real player as well
Old 20 November 2005, 07:07 PM
Drivesmart
Scooby Regular

http://dw.com.com/redir?pid=10255189...tag=lst-spOr-1
Old 23 November 2005, 10:10 PM
Drivesmart
Scooby Regular

Default New HUD images

Here is a link to some new pics of the HUD displaying our Drivesmart logo
http://www.drive-smart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112
Old 26 November 2005, 01:55 AM
msi
Scooby Regular

Just a warning about this company. I bought a lead for £6.99 off their web site and payed with my credit card, about a month later they charged me £60 from my credit card, for no reason without telling me. I have phoned them twice and sent an email with a copy of my credit card statement showing the £60 they have taken and they still have not replied or returned my calls. As I say just a warning to any potential customers.

Hopefully this won't be deleted because they are a paying advertiser.

Just posting the facts.
Old 26 November 2005, 03:30 PM
st3ph3n
Scooby Regular

Stupid question, but don't you have to flip the image to display it on the window as a HUD?
Old 28 November 2005, 01:25 PM
Drivesmart
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by msi
Just a warning about this company. I bought a lead for £6.99 off their web site and payed with my credit card, about a month later they charged me £60 from my credit card, for no reason without telling me. I have phoned them twice and sent an email with a copy of my credit card statement showing the £60 they have taken and they still have not replied or returned my calls. As I say just a warning to any potential customers.

Hopefully this won't be deleted because they are a paying advertiser.

Just posting the facts.
Nick why did you not bother to call like we asked you to?
As we needed a couple of days to go back through the records(like i said to you at the time)to check what had happened.
If you get in touch with your card info(we do not keep customers details after 1 month)we will get it sorted out for you asap.
Old 28 November 2005, 01:27 PM
Drivesmart
Scooby Regular

Default HUD

Originally Posted by st3ph3n
Stupid question, but don't you have to flip the image to display it on the window as a HUD?
Yes it has to be reversed,Video's of this in action later this week with full annimation
Old 28 November 2005, 03:52 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Drivesmart
As we needed a couple of days to go back through the records(like i said to you at the time)to check what had happened.
If you get in touch with your card info(we do not keep customers details after 1 month)we will get it sorted out for you asap.
this should never have happened in the first place should it?

it doesn't look like you are doing much to sort the problem out or this post wouldn't have been made!

i was thinking about this product but now, i don't think so!

thanks for the heads up Nick.
Old 28 November 2005, 06:08 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

im afraid its the same from me as well.

I am very wary of credit card transactions anyway.

cheers nick
Old 28 November 2005, 09:58 PM
Drivesmart
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonny gav
this should never have happened in the first place should it?

it doesn't look like you are doing much to sort the problem out or this post wouldn't have been made!

i was thinking about this product but now, i don't think so!

thanks for the heads up Nick.
Listen mistakes happen,If people feel the need to make posts on forums rather than to call us directly then thats up to them and it seems rather pathetic and childish.
We are here 7 days a week and almost 12 hours a day to answer calls do you honestly think we would go out of way to screw a customer for £60?
If you don't want to purchase any of our products thats up to you and again it looks childish to post this type of stuff up does'nt it Gav?

Last edited by Drivesmart; 28 November 2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old 29 November 2005, 01:04 AM
msi
Scooby Regular

Ok just to clear up what happened

I phoned you and told you about the £60, you said you would look into it and took my phone number and would get back to me, you didn't get back to me so I phoned again, then you said:

As we needed a couple of days to go back through the records(like i said to you at the time)to check what had happened
Then you said if I email you a copy of my statement showing the charge you made you would send me a cheque which I have been waiting for.

You didn't tell me this at the time thats why I have been waiting, about 1 month, for a cheque.

do you honestly think we would go out of way to screw a customer for £60?
Thats not really the point is it.

Listen mistakes happen,If people feel the need to make posts on forums rather than to call us directly then thats up to them and it seems rather pathetic and childish
As above, I did phone you twice and emailed you but you have done nothing about it. I gave you my phone number, my address and my email over a month ago, I shouldn't need to chase you up.

People feel the need to make posts like this on public forums because firstly after trying the conventional route and nothing happens, the company concerned usually want to "sort it out asap" and secondly to warn other users, this is what forums are for.

I'm making a valid complaint and you start insulting me

I have pm'd you my details, hopefully you will sort this out.

Thanks Nick
Old 29 November 2005, 07:00 AM
Drivesmart
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by msi
Ok just to clear up what happened

I phoned you and told you about the £60, you said you would look into it and took my phone number and would get back to me, you didn't get back to me so I phoned again, then you said:

Then you said if I email you a copy of my statement showing the charge you made you would send me a cheque which I have been waiting for.

You didn't tell me this at the time thats why I have been waiting, about 1 month, for a cheque.

Thats not really the point is it.

As above, I did phone you twice and emailed you but you have done nothing about it. I gave you my phone number, my address and my email over a month ago, I shouldn't need to chase you up.

People feel the need to make posts like this on public forums because firstly after trying the conventional route and nothing happens, the company concerned usually want to "sort it out asap" and secondly to warn other users, this is what forums are for.

I'm making a valid complaint and you start insulting me

I have pm'd you my details, hopefully you will sort this out.

Thanks Nick
Look we are not insulting you and we have not ignored you at all,I asked you to call us back which you did not do,Its not our fault you did not do what we asked you to do,And the reason we asked you to Call back is that we do not keep peoples card details for more than 1 month so how can we refund your card without your details(this is the only way we can refund you)?
Anyway thanks for your info you have pm'ed.
You could have delt wih the situation in a more adult way.
Old 30 November 2005, 08:44 AM
msi
Scooby Regular

See my last post for what you actually said to me.

Other users can decide for themselves.
Old 30 November 2005, 10:08 AM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Listen mistakes happen,If people feel the need to make posts on forums rather than to call us directly then thats up to them and it seems rather pathetic and childish.
We are here 7 days a week and almost 12 hours a day to answer calls do you honestly think we would go out of way to screw a customer for £60?
If you don't want to purchase any of our products thats up to you and again it looks childish to post this type of stuff up does'nt it Gav?
LOL think you have just made the point for me, very poor customer service and the wrong attitude towards possible customers!

something alog the lines of : "we are very sorry this happened and are now doing all that we can to sort the problem out" would have been a better reply don't you think?
Old 30 November 2005, 12:43 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like MSI made a reasonable effort to sort this out professionally.

You could have delt wih the situation in a more adult way.
He gave Drivesmart the necessary information and they had his contact details so it was up to them to sort out a problem of their making. This pre-supposes that the information above is honest and accurate and as what has been posted by MSI has not been disputed it seems reasonable to conclude that it is correct.
Hopefully MSI will be able to post that he has received his £60 back in the next 48hrs. That might go some way to restore the credibility of Drivesmart.
Old 03 December 2005, 05:28 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I like the look of this goody. Will you be selling the projector as a seperate item? I have a laptop with other stuff on i wouldnt mind projecting, as I have more than just satnav in mind.

btw, not put off by the above, mistakes happen. He couldnt have wanted his money back that much if he only phoned once after the initial cotnact.
Old 03 December 2005, 09:58 PM
msi
Scooby Regular

So you think I don't want my money back because I have not "hounded" them. I did everything they asked me to do. Maybe I have been in hospital for the last 3 weeks, you don't know my circumstances. It's not about me anyway, they took my money so it's up to them to sort it out.

I gave them my card details on Tuesday morning and they still have not refunded the money.
Old 04 December 2005, 10:56 AM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

think they are taking the pi55 to be honest, looks like anyone with the money to pay for it can become a scoobynet dealer no matter if they are dodgy or not.
the whole thing needs a re-think and some form of vetting needs to be in place!

keep us informed Nick
Old 05 December 2005, 08:30 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

I certainly do not think it is childish to post this 'stuff'... this is a public forum. I agree, at other times, people have over-reacted and posted complaints regarding services and it has been unfair, but this seems to be legitimate.

What is concerning is that your response is not really fair. You are not disputing the error, so you did indeed make a mistake (and yes, we all make mistakes, but some are far more understandable than billing a customer £60 a month later for something they have never ordered). But surely the first point of call would be to mail a cheque or at least express sincere apologies.

He did call you directly (apparently), he did email you, and he did chase you. Yet because you work so hard (and when you say here, I assume you mean work and not SN, as your 22 posts hardly allow you to be frequent users), he should be expected to call you?

Sorry, but had you apologised and contacted him by PM, perhaps you would not have received these many negative comments from people who have no interest otherwise. It just annoys me when reactions like pathetic and childish are branded about when they are anything but...

Andy
Old 06 December 2005, 02:40 PM
Drivesmart
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiDHEaD
I like the look of this goody. Will you be selling the projector as a seperate item? I have a laptop with other stuff on i wouldnt mind projecting, as I have more than just satnav in mind.

btw, not put off by the above, mistakes happen. He couldnt have wanted his money back that much if he only phoned once after the initial cotnact.
Thanks for the observation,Mistakes do happen and It has been delt with through the accounts department.

I actually do feel bad about the situation as we do have some of the best customer service and support in the GPS industry and being a manufacturer we support all our products 100%.

The HUD will be released with a free LINUX open source code,It will be compatible with Navigation systems and projecting maps and moving images is no problem at all.
Old 06 December 2005, 05:37 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

we do have some of the best customer service and support in the GPS industry.
PMSL..... yeah right!

has Nick got his money back yet?
Old 07 December 2005, 08:41 AM
msi
Scooby Regular

Hi jonny, just checked my acc. and as at 6th Dec still no refund
Old 07 December 2005, 12:03 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

i wonder if they are posting on other forums, i think it would be a good idea to post a link to this thread on say, sidc, the evo forums, skyline forums, pistonheads passionford and so on if it isn't resolved soon.
Old 09 December 2005, 08:44 AM
msi
Scooby Regular

Just checked again and finally they have refunded my money.

I won't be dealing with Drivesmart again.
Old 09 December 2005, 10:42 AM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

glad to see you have your money back